Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Game Discussion » The First Everybody Edits Offline Collab [Build Phase] » 2022-01-27 19:05:46

!join

The solution to your problem is something called version control. It's similar to your second theory, but instead of waiting until everyone is finished to compile everything together, you should keep a shared file, and people can update that file with the latest version of the level. Obviously you will have problems if two people work on the level simultaneously and end up with different versions of the level that need to be merged. That's why there are usually tools to do this stuff for you, like git. I don't exactly know the format of eelvl files, but I don't know if you will be able to use git to merge them without conflicts. Ideally there should be a tool designed for version control with eelvl files, but I don't know if this exists. Another thing I thought of is somehow converting the eelvl format to something that git can deal with? Might be easier.

Even if you try to keep track of versions manually, eventually you will have to merge versions together, which as you said, requires a bot/tool. So if you want to avoid doing that, you probably have to think of some strategy to avoid ever having to merge. The requirement for this is that the level is only being edited by a maximum of one person at a time. Your first theory meets this requirement, but like you said it's slow. It would be better if anyone can work on the level whenever they want, as long as they are the only one working on it during that time. The downside is that this requires a lot of communication, and if someone messes up and we end up with multiple versions that need to be merged, we have to resolve the issue manually. So the approach should be to minimise the damage by updating frequently with small changes, instead of doing a big change and potentially having to redo the whole thing.

#2 Re: Questions and Answers » How popular was Everybody Edits? » 2022-01-20 14:22:25

It could be that they are talking about the total number of players, not the amount of players online at once.

#3 Re: Game Suggestions » NFT smiley integration » 2022-01-12 17:16:32

some woman wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

AI-generated smiley NFTs WHEN

https://i.imgur.com/qOiHiwU.jpeg

tag yourself i'm sighing square smiley with anchor-shaped goatee

selection of smiley meat cuts (bottom right)

#4 Re: Game Discussion » Everybody Edits: The Skill Ceiling » 2022-01-09 22:00:19

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I never liked these insanely ridiculous levels personally. Because i believe more in creating an memorable experience.

I mostly agree, but I think up to FV is fun, even though I haven't beaten FV. For me it stops being fun after that, maybe because it's so beyond my ability. Or maybe the levels that come after are just lower quality than FV. But I really admire the players that are able to beat them, that display of skill is just cool to me. So I guess I appreciate those levels for being able to test those top players and push the boundaries further.

#5 Re: Game Discussion » Everybody Edits: The Skill Ceiling » 2022-01-08 22:21:45

Edilights wrote:

These videos what you have made , it might reflect around 12~16% of knowledge about history of minigames.
Just only popular players that have beaten many campaigns or extreme levels ?
How about thinking to discuss at some obscure players and minigames which changed the concepts and ideas to styles?

Are you saying those videos should include different players and minigames (if so, give examples)? Or that Kirby should make different videos?

#6 Re: Off Topic Discussion » Meth advice » 2021-11-26 02:58:21

Jumping 100 numbers ahead was fine as an informal way to show N1KF's point, but I think a formal proof should just use increments of 1 like any other induction, otherwise things probably get unnecessarily convoluted.

It would be sufficient to prove that every number greater than 4 is greater than the length of its text equivalent, because this would mean the pattern would be strictly reducing until you get to 4 or below, then as we've already shown it will just go back to 4.

It would be a proof by induction with a bunch of cases to handle based on the way we encode numbers to text.

Each case would affect the gap between the number and the length of the string, either making it bigger or smaller. If the gap gets bigger or stays the same (string gets smaller, stays the same or goes +1), then the assumption holds. If it gets smaller (string gets bigger by more than 1), then we have to prove that the gap doesn't close, i.e. that the number is still greater than the length of the string. That probably either requires us to prove a lower bound for the gap for each case where this happens, or we actually have to extend the assumption include a lower bound on the gap and do induction on that as well. I suspect the latter could work because it seems like the gap generally gets bigger, even if it fluctuates at times, so we assume a lower bound and just make sure the fluctuations are never big enough to make the gap close.

Something I can observe is that most of the increases in string size happen in the numbers 1-19. 2 digit numbers higher than that are the same as incrementing from 1-9. 3 digit numbers are encoded the same as 2 digit numbers but with some extra words in front, so we see the same pattern. It looks like incrementing a number ending in 9 is always non-increasing string-wise. Adding a new digit (99 -> 100, 999 -> 1000, etc.) is also non-increasing string-wise, since a bunch of digits become 0. Hopefully it's clear that there's a finite amount of stuff to prove here, since the encoding is systematic and you can kind of generalise it. Though technically every 3 digits we are adding a new word (thousand, million, billion, trillion, ...), which kind of needs a limit. If my observation is right then you only need to handle increases in string size in numbers 1-19, and show that those fluctuations get "corrected" and will never be big enough to close the gap for numbers over x. Just have to show all this stuff formally and you have your proof.

#7 Re: Game Discussion » its been a few years » 2021-11-12 00:40:44

IanJanes wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
chzandham wrote:

Is Satanya "dead"? It seems they haven't been active about discussion lately and talk about the supposed EE Reboot which has been passed around a few times has been slient for quite some time. I'm beginning to wonder if it's more so an idea than a true interest.

She posted this update just 6 days ago.

So she's full of **** like everyone else?

What makes you say that?

#8 Re: Game Discussion » its been a few years » 2021-11-10 14:49:36

chzandham wrote:

Is Satanya "dead"? It seems they haven't been active about discussion lately and talk about the supposed EE Reboot which has been passed around a few times has been slient for quite some time. I'm beginning to wonder if it's more so an idea than a true interest.

She posted this update just 6 days ago.

#9 Re: Questions and Answers » What's going on with (EE!) now? » 2021-11-03 13:56:12

Well this topic has a bunch of leaks, which gives some idea of what is being worked on.

#10 Re: Off Topic Discussion » Meth advice » 2021-11-03 13:49:03

HydraK90 wrote:

every number comes back to four

pick a number.. any number.. 15? okay,
f i f t e e n
seven letters
s e v e n
five letters
f i v e
four letters
one hundred sixty nine
o n e  h u n d r e d  s i x t y  n i n e
n i n e t e e n
e i g h t
f i v e
f o u r

Thanks I honestly had no idea what OP meant until you posted this. However since I'm not a meth addict I don't think this is neat at all.

#11 Re: Game Discussion » Everybody Edits Rewritten | MULTIPLAYER IN 2022 | v1.2.10 » 2021-10-28 15:41:57

Rivelka wrote:
boredguy69 wrote:
Rivelka wrote:
boredguy69 wrote:
Rivelka wrote:

I fixed the 150x150 world bug. Also Half Blocks for Winter 2018 do work! //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

The "game.cs" has been returned to old code, due being "too messy".

Lmao you gave me  a 25x25 instead of a 150x150 the bug is still there or you accidently gave a 25x25 somehow.

I wrote "world13" which means a big world. The original world removed from your account and added a new one. I think, that the time between these changes have to pass for some time.

lol unironicaly a day passed and I still have 2 25x25 labaled as big worlds

I think that a few days have to pass to apply these changes. idk why.

yep just wait a few days, nothing wrong with my code
communityIcon_dxou2b1ku5x11.png

idk man I think if you add a big world to the database and the game reads it as a small world, there might be a bug

Or if you are correct, you should probably figure out why it takes a few days to update. I don't think you should continue without understanding how your application works.

#12 Re: Game Discussion » What is that one level you'll never forget » 2021-10-20 18:33:22

Kiraninja wrote:

For me it's Ex Crew Odyssey, I remember spending 6 hours during an afternoon to beat it when I was a kid, since then I've been addicted to the map and speedrunned it multiple times. Legendary map

Agree with this, Odyssey is still one of my favourite maps. Another that comes to mind is Stagecrew's Endeavour.

#13 Re: Questions and Answers » How to change the owner of a world » 2021-10-18 23:59:04

I'm not sure why you need to change owner name, but if you're doing this in order to give yourself edit, note that you can do this by opening chat and clicking on "edit" or typing "/edit". Also you could change your EEO name to the owner's name instead of the other way around. If you actually need to change the owner for some reason, I don't think there's an in-game way to do that. Are you worried about being accused of stealing someone else's level when you publish?

#15 Re: World Creation » Need setting idea for level » 2021-09-23 11:01:21

HydraK90 wrote:

hat mouse. mouse sells hats. if you don't buy theys hats then you will be executed via magic

excellent

#16 Re: World Creation » Need setting idea for level » 2021-09-22 23:31:45

Tomahawk wrote:

algerian Hindu capitalist authright cloudy pegasus in skyscrapers controlling fire to defend against an asteroid but it’s also mario

I know this probably isn't serious but I should clarify that when I said to pick one or more from the list, this is a case where less is more. In fact I'll set a hard restriction of only 3 things from the list. I think picking just one option from the list is perfect, and then you can add more if you want to expand the idea.

HydraK90 wrote:

cyborg pirate ninja jesus vs. the entirety of texas

To me this feels more like a character idea + narrative idea. Don't give me a conflict (plot), but focus on the status quo, like "cyborg pirate ninja jesus exists and he lives in Texas". This is still a character idea though so in order to be a setting idea, it should be more like a feature of the world. I can't think of an example for this character, but consider the idea of a holy empire governed by a prophet king. The fact that it's a prophet king tells us about the system they live in, not the person himself. Whereas "cyborg pirate ninja jesus" just tells us about a person and nothing about their place in the world.

Also, sorry to crap on your ideas even more, but they're all derivative. Naming a real world religion does not count as a religion idea. I'm looking for a completely made up religion like "they worship pencils". Ninjas have already been done, how about finjas - half fish half ninja.

EDIT: to be clear the ideas aren't inherently bad, they're just not what I'm looking for

#17 World Creation » Need setting idea for level » 2021-09-22 17:44:25

skullz17
Replies: 11

Hello, I'm looking for setting ideas for a 50x50 world to make in EEO. Pick 1-3 options from the list and try to come up with a unique idea for it. I recommend picking only one, but you can expand into other areas if you want.

  • Geography/Terrain

  • Religion

  • Culture

  • Politics

  • Weather

  • Plants/Creatures/Living things

  • Architecture

  • Magic

  • Cosmic events

  • Anything else you find interesting related to setting

Try to define a status quo instead of a narrative, but if your setting idea comes bundled with a narrative idea then I guess I don't really mind.

#18 Re: Game Discussion » I miss the game » 2021-09-21 01:05:27

[ramble]
Same dude. The other day I was thinking about how a significant part of my social life was in EE when I was like 12-14 yrs old. I had friends irl too but at the time I wasn't able to relate to them much, while with EE friends, I felt a little more at home, a little more understood. There aren't many games that I have played consistently for years, but I did play EE for a long time and this is probably why. Even if you don't make a bunch of friends, there's a strong social element in EE. When you're trying to beat a world, other people are playing along with you. When you're building, people can join and watch or help. At least for me, I often made worlds because I wanted to impress people and prove something. It's not the only reason to play the game, but filling a hole for lonely people is pretty powerful. I might change my mind later, but right now I feel like this is the essence of EE. Over the years I made a lot of posts about why EE was dying, how to save it, how a "spiritual successor" should be etc., and I might have been right sometimes, but now I feel like I was kinda missing the point. In order for something to be a spiritual successor, it has to inherit the spirit of EE. It's in the name.

#21 Re: Game Discussion » ⚠️ATTENTION EVERYBODY EDITS VETERANS ⚠️ » 2021-07-27 12:23:00

N1KF wrote:

rBHPYjt.png 2014/06/19 22:51:11 BJSPPS art in an open world. I used it as an avatar a long time ago.

This is actually in one of my worlds called "Skullz & Friends!", you should be able to find it in an archive. I have the .eelvl file as well. I believe it was drawn by GKABYSSFLORIDA iirc.

I should have some old EE pics to share but they're on an old pc so I'll do it later I guess //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

#22 Re: Game Business » Everybody Edits! New Artstyle | Progress Report (May 28th, 2021) ☆ » 2021-05-28 17:29:17

Thank god for this update, forums have run so dry out of content that people have resorted to discussing what the topic graveyard should be called.

Jokes aside, this looks insane. Probably my favourite graphics I have seen in anything EE-related, the smaller palette makes a huge difference!

#23 Re: Game Discussion » Here's a deal. » 2021-05-03 17:09:54

I get that this post is a joke but I feel that there is some seriousness sprinkled in, correct me if I'm wrong.

N1KF wrote:

You're doing a great disservice to centuries of scientific knowledge, and the hard work Everybody Edits fans do in debating the merits of our beloved cultural icons, which could go down in history as our era's greatest pieces of art and tools for human creativity. It appears modern youths are increasingly susceptible to anti-intellectual, "funposting" rhetoric which further muddies the waters and makes discourse and social progress around Everybody Edits increasingly difficult.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure making a joke doesn't stop people from debating the topic, nor should it be considered "anti-intellectual". I don't have anything else I'd like to contribute to the topic besides a joke, so that's what I post. What I said was a bit rude, but that's all. I think that if people don't discuss a topic, it's because they don't want to, not because "funposts" make it difficult. And when discourse or "social progress" is difficult in certain areas, it's because people just aren't talking about those topics. I've had this many times where I'll make a long **** post about something that's interesting to me, and then I'll get little to no interaction afterwards. It happens.

#24 Re: Game Discussion » Here's a deal. » 2021-05-03 03:13:01

Counter offer:

I pay you 50 EENPs to be quiet for several days

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1660494476.1764 - Generated in 0.404 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.91 MiB (Peak: 3.08 MiB) ]