Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Sleepy

Friends list

I know, I know. This idea has been already suggested millions of time, just making my own graphics for it.
VlYg6.png
BCArb.png
I actually made it along time ago(as you see by the update) but didn't really feel like sharing it then.
Also I worked on the gems icon, it looked so horrible so I had to try and change it, here are the results:
OfwQb.png

Any kind of feedback is appreciated, good or bad! //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Sleepy (Apr 13 2012 3:50:07 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

raider118

Re: Friends list

maybe an icon in world list if u have a friend in that world? wanna include that?

#3 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

^That, maybe saying "Name_1 is playing this world" or whatever.

#4 Before February 2015

raider118

pretty much something like that. see if u can make a graphics design or that sleepy.

#5 Before February 2015

iYam

That's one amazing piece. Good job Sleepy.

#6 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

That's very well put together!     Keep it up!

fgRzols.png

#7 Before February 2015

SWL

awesome!

#8 Before February 2015

Sleepy

Oh, thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll consider this friend viewer idea, one thing I forgot by my self, is adding the "profile" button.
Again, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Sleepy (Oct 30 2011 1:29:08 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

MrScaniaV8Super

it could be awesome with friend list

#10 Before February 2015

trollie

And maybe, I know this is just a graphic, but having online friends at the top, not having to scroll down to see them. Any ways, very nice job Sleepy, keep it up //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

#11 Before February 2015

fox_boy

maybe add an "add friend" button, and something that says where the user is.

#12 Before February 2015

robotkoer

Quite nice design.
What I dislike:
* Right-aligned tabs - I know you made this for friends list, not lobby chat, but hey, 2 tabs are ugly!
* Gem: better than previous indeed, but looks like 3D (too bright/dark in sides, previous one has smoother "light") and 3D just doesn't fit in there...
* PM and Chat buttons: since there's only personal chats, why should you have two buttons that have same features? Keep only one button.
* [Profile] icon/text too small
* Dash before name - levels don't have dash, why should friends list have it?
* Too complicated - levels don't have explanation about icons, so friends list shouldn't have it neither. I know there's nothing to but there anyway, but then why not replace original sentence: "... Online (... Friends) - Click a world to join it!"

Hope you considered my feedback as fair //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

This is my big post of opinion so it's new content, not gravedigging.

#13 Before February 2015

Sleepy

Wow, I didn't check this topic for a long time. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue
Well, I guess I'll start on replies.
@MrScaniaV8Super
It could indeed, but I assume there will be a friends list on EE sooner or later

@Trollie
I don't quite understand what do you mean, but it depends on the amount of friends you have, I don't think you'll be able to have all of your friends on the top.
Unless you meant something else, I'm not sure what you meant, as I've said in the beginning. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

@Fox_Boy
That could of course be done, I might think of doing this.

@Robotkoer
Thank you first of all for the feedback. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/wink

1. Well, I don't really understand why lobby chat should be separated into a tab, and the friends list shouldn't.
And that's your opinion about the ugliness of the tab separation. The reason I've made it as a tab is because for the equality for both sides, the page of the worlds, and the other information of EE.

2. I personally, don't understand what's wrong with a 3d looking image, and as it's darkness and brightness, well you have to not forget that this is a gem, not some plastic made object shaped as a gem. And again, that's your opinion and I don't agree or disagree with it.

3. PM(private message) and chat, are defiantly not the same thing, why? You may ask. Because as the acronyms of PM are 'private message" it's pretty clear that it's a message first of all, and as you know, a message is not when you talk to someone in short sentences, usually in PMs, the way you write them is like a letter. At least that's how I consider it.
But of course you can make a short message in a PM, but that still wont be as a conversation, such as in chats.
And that's the reason why I've made two buttons.

4. You might have a point there. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

5. Only because levels don't have a dash, doesn't mean that the friends list shouldn't have one. And how could levels even have one? I mean, you name your level.

6. What does the levels have to do with this? I've just screenshot'ed the "My worlds!" tab to not advertise in a surten way a level. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue
But also, but I can presume that the reason that the worlds tab doesn't have an icon explanation is because the small area of space there is.
I did, and again, thanks for the feedback. I might even work on this again later. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

p.s - this post is bigger then what I've expected it to be.. -.-

Last edited by Sleepy (Mar 3 2012 6:31:31 am)

#14 Before February 2015

xRichTofenx

This is just better than the ones already suggested :3

#15 Before February 2015

Lashkar

Great, that would be nice to see in game.

Last edited by Lashkar (Feb 28 2012 2:38:43 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

Haze123

i always liked your graphics

ulpdao4e94f.png I are back.

#17 Before February 2015

Sleepy

@xRichTofenx
Thanks //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

@Lashkar
Thank you, and so would I. xD

@Haze123
I'm glad you do. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

#18 Before February 2015

jemhun

This should be ingame //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue
+rep

#19 Before February 2015

xRichTofenx

MrScaniaV8Super wrote:

it could be awesome with friend list

Could be? it would be awesome man so now I wouldn't have to track down my freind on everybody edits every day just to play with him. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by xRichTofenx (Mar 10 2012 12:02:07 am)

#20 Before February 2015

FCDH

That's very well, very nice   graphics. +Rep //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 Before February 2015

Muffy

cool,heard of it thousands of times,but finally got a pic.Would be nice if it said which world they were in.

#22 Before February 2015

xRichTofenx

I'm telling you they need to do the freind list thing to everybody edits. I hope they do that in the next update. So then I won't have to look for the person I like to play ee with.

#23 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Yeah, I would use a friend list and make every non-troll a friend to keep track.

#24 Before February 2015

Sleepy

@Jemhun
Thanks. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

@FCDH
Thank you. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

@Muffinator99
I'm glad you like it. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue
And I'm working on it, soon will probably post it here.

p.s I didn't reply some of the comments since they don't really have anything to do with my friends list design. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

#25 Before February 2015

1Line087

Wow. This is epic! I can't make graphics close to that!

Off-topic: Your signature is SO cool! I hope the smileys and blocks get put on the game!

Because of all this,+rep to you, good sir!

Minimania1667944011796623

Board footer