Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

brater8

Everybody Edits is Dead

It is true, who cannot deny it? The players are growing fewer, Chris is increasing the number of updates to to desperation. In the short term this will work, but not in the long-term. There are many people whose fault it is. First let us look at the beginning of the game.

When the game was formed, it was just one world. Up to forty people could be in the world at a time. there was massive lag, but the game grew popular. However, the trolls were there since the beginning. They attacked the world in force, and eventually Chris had to expand the game.

Then many worlds were made and a lot could be done. However, worlds could not be saved. This caused hope in people, and each held on to their worlds by making them as popular as possible.

But eventually Everybody edits fell. How is this? There are many things to blame.

First: Chris moved everybody edits to Kongregate. This is a mistake for many multi-player games. For as we all know, kongregate is a troll haven. This also strained the untested servers and the issues started.

Second: The Ex Crew. The ex crew started out with a good cause, the promote the enjoyment of the game and to built fun worlds. However, they quickly began to destroy the base of level creators. The best level makers concentrated their efforts on beating Ex Crew levels, and when they succeeded, they became mere immatators rather than true artists. The noobs as always made the same kinds of levels. Quickly the variety slowed down, only broken by a new Ex Crew level release. The game quickly grew dependent on Ex Crew. Chris had forseen this, so he caused the move to Kong to slow the servers. Progress on the Ex Crew levels was quickly destroyed. Levels were lost when the server randomly kicked everyone. But the Ex Crew did not give up, so Chris did. Finally, when the game was at its most dependent on Ex Crew, they broke up. Ex Crew would not do anything else. The game became a cesspit, with various crews immitating Ex Crew levels to replace them. Progreses slowed. Finally, when the game was healing itself again, Ex Crew showed up again. This time they used bots like SnakeBot. There was no competition, and once more Ex Crew is cornering the market. They want to destroy the game a second time where they failed the first.

Third: The energy shop. When the game was dying, Chris came up with the idea of selling blocks and smileys to the masses. However, the method in which he implemented this messed up the game. He made it a timed resource, giving the better players no reason to play inbetween full charges. Better levels were made rarely, because the more resources lessened creativity. Not only that, but Chris made us pay for certain tools. With 30 second commercials, he could have made more money and made us happier. Chris failed.

Fourth: Updates. When the game first started, updates were far and few. They rarely happened. Then there came the energy shop. It became much easier to add items into the game and Chris started doing so. This in turn caused lower use of old items and some great possible levels were never made. Eventually Chris couldnt keep up with the updates, and there were a couple months off. This would be nothing in the old days, yet many quit. This was the final doom of everybody edits.

Fifth: The trolls.   I partly mentioned this before with Kongregate, but this deserves another go.   The trolls were fine for a time in the beginning.   They cheated in levels and destroyed them if they got the code.   They created the need for harder levels, and levels without codes.   Later on after this lesson was learned, they served as a conflict in the game.   All was well.   Then Chris released an UPDATE, and worlds could be saved.   Chris did this after surrendering to the whims of the Ex Crew, and they have sat in their seat for a while.   But then the trolls attacks became pointless and annoying.   Instead of serving the game as a whole, they fell far.   Thus the trolls have caused many pros to leave the game.   Another fault to the Ex Crew and the updates of Chris.

Sixth: The mods.   The mods were made in order to measure user kindness to each other.   Their purpose started out well, for they were lifted from normal players to Gods.   However, the fault with them is not their own, but rather that of the nooby players.   This Modding caused a plethora of '{modname} was here' levels.   These serve no point and drive better players away.   If these are actual pro levels, then they are losses to the community as a whole.   I have several friends who quit this way.

Seventh: The new Admin.   Chris's lack of updates for a while was bad, but at the end of it the game was healing itself.   We were getting accustomed to less updates.   Then came the Carnival.   These backgrounds hurt people eyes.   For those who are color blind, these optical illusions are too much.   Evil players spam these in levels, sometimes causing accidental clicking.   And these close tabs.   The robber smiley had no point.   And the friends system was simply awful.   I understand that it has to be beta-only, but the idea of having to do email addresses is pointless.   All this adds up to another name on the payroll.   We can expect a lot of pay-only content like the diamond block coming up soon.   He should be fired!

I say that such actions should be stopped from repeating itself. Break Ex Crew up! Stop updating the game! People will do all they can with their current blocks and creativity will flourish. But most of all, Ex Crew is at the root of this problem. Stop playing their levels! Call for a break-up! Let Ex Crew be no more!

Last edited by brater8 (May 2 2012 4:50:52 pm)

Wooted by: (5)

#2 Before February 2015

Deetz

Re: Everybody Edits is Dead

Umm... you must be mistaken. EX Crew was the best thing that ever happened to this game. Without them, this game would be even noobier.

#3 Before February 2015

Gamerbro64

Some of what you said is kind of true but what you said about EX Crew is very false because without them we would probably have very nooby levels all the time.

#4 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

So why is it so desperate to have updates?

#5 Before February 2015

brater8

On the contrary, my point is that we should NOT have updates.   With too many uppdates people become dependent on it.   Remember the Chris is Dead movement?

#6 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Um, EE has lasted almost two years. Pretty long-term to me, but then again, I'm not very old yet.

EX Crew isn't trying to destroy EE, but I sort of agree with the rest.

More things equals more creativity. How could you do a lot of levels if you spawned in one place, or had no portals? Hm?

You can't really make a themed level if you only have three sets of bricks that are plain.
I personally think that updating the game gives more chances to be creativity. Sure, people don't necessarily use the old items, but that's not really a bad thing.

...Why would you break up EX Crew? They're a whole other level that people strive for, showing that you can make some pretty pro stuff in EE. People want to strive for excellence, with EX Crew being the baseline for that 'excellent' line.
If someone wants to be creative, they'll be creative, regardless of the tools they may or may not have. I don't think updates really matter when it comes to creativity.

Here's a small comparison:
I idolize Emilie Autumn and Terrance Zdunich.
I've found myself absolutely inspired by them.
They're not mainstream. Emilie Autumn survived a lot, wheras Terrance Zdunich took an outlandish idea, turned it into a cult film, and found an audience that no one knew existed. (By going on tour despite little funds)
And you know what?
I think to myself quite a lot, "Them. I want to be like them."
I want to create something so goddamn awesome like Repo! or The Devil's Carnival, or Emilie's albums.
Something that makes people say, "Wow, that's **** amazing."
They are my level of excellence. They make me want to strive to be like them so hard that I'm pretty much planning an epic tale... sort of. So they're actually bringing out my creativity.

So EX Crew is actually helping EE level-wise. Although, there's an astonishing amount of unoriginality group-name-wise.

I think you have a few valid points, but at the end it seems like you're just attacking EX crew for no reason. And you're not very subtle about it at all.
edit:
as for the chris is dead movement, there's a group of people who are nubs that are typically children and play the game for fun and time wasting, and there's a group of people who are serious business who are the ones who strive to be like EX crew. You shouldn't really listen to the nubs. They're a minority that speaks like a majority.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (May 2 2012 4:40:19 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#7 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

EE wasn't moved to kongregate, it was PUT on there.     And EE is alive...     Ish...

fgRzols.png

#8 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

Zoey2070 wrote:

Um, EE has lasted almost two years. Pretty long-term to me, but then again, I'm not very old yet.

EX Crew isn't trying to destroy EE, but I sort of agree with the rest.

More things equals more creativity. How could you do a lot of levels if you spawned in one place, or had no portals? Hm?

You can't really make a themed level if you only have three sets of bricks that are plain.
I personally think that updating the game gives more chances to be creativity. Sure, people don't necessarily use the old items, but that's not really a bad thing.

...Why would you break up EX Crew? They're a whole other level that people strive for, showing that you can make some pretty pro stuff in EE. People want to strive for excellence, with EX Crew being the baseline for that 'excellent' line.
If someone wants to be creative, they'll be creative, regardless of the tools they may or may not have. I don't think updates really matter when it comes to creativity.

Here's a small comparison:
I idolize Emilie Autumn and Terrance Zdunich.
I've found myself absolutely inspired by them.
They're not mainstream. Emilie Autumn survived a lot, wheras Terrance Zdunich took an outlandish idea, turned it into a cult film, and found an audience that no one knew existed. (By going on tour despite little funds)
And you know what?
I think to myself quite a lot, "Them. I want to be like them."
I want to create something so goddamn awesome like Repo! or The Devil's Carnival, or Emilie's albums.
Something that makes people say, "Wow, that's **** amazing."
They are my level of excellence. They make me want to strive to be like them so hard that I'm pretty much planning an epic tale... sort of. So they're actually bringing out my creativity.

So EX Crew is actually helping EE level-wise. Although, there's an astonishing amount of unoriginality group-name-wise.

I think you have a few valid points, but at the end it seems like you're just attacking EX crew for no reason. And you're not very subtle about it at all.
edit:
as for the chris is dead movement, there's a group of people who are nubs that are typically children and play the game for fun and time wasting, and there's a group of people who are serious business who are the ones who strive to be like EX crew. You shouldn't really listen to the nubs. They're a minority that speaks like a majority.

I used to play EE as a timewaster. But Since this last year, I am really serious about it. it isn't a game that is a timewaster, it is pretty fun actually. Ex crew can be kinda cruel, but if it wasn't for them, we probably wouldn't have known that hooks are super nooby.

Last edited by soccerfreak006 (May 2 2012 4:54:06 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

soccerfreak006 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

-

edit:

I used to play EE as a timewaster. But Since this last year, I am really serious about it. it isn't a game that is a timewaster, it is pretty fun actually. Ex crew can be kinda cruel, but if it wasn't for them, we probably wouldn't have known that hooks are super nooby.

you could have cut the rest of my post u kno.
I think it got old quick, but I do recall spending hours chatting. And I remember loathing hooks the second I saw them on some sort of tree level, so I think we still would have known.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#10 Before February 2015

MIHB

Oh noes!   Our evil plan is uncovered!   First we play EE to destroy it!   Then we leave EE to destroy it more!   Then we return to raise the destruction to ENTIRELY NEW LEVELS HOLY crap

#11 Before February 2015

brater8

MIHB wrote:

Oh noes!   Our evil plan is uncovered!   First we play EE to destroy it!   Then we leave EE to destroy it more!   Then we return to raise the destruction to ENTIRELY NEW LEVELS HOLY crap

Exactly!   I call a strike on Ex Crew lvls!   Without visiters, they will stop their levels.   And once more people will be free to build what they want without copying the 'pros'.

#12 Before February 2015

MIHB

Lo, we are done for.

#13 Before February 2015

Bobithan

The only thing I see bad in EE is the community. Sure the game itself has some things it needs more work on, but the main concern, for me at least, is the huge amount of idiots who make and play hookjumps, tightfits, and stairs and consider it "pr0".

As for your claim that EX Crew is trying to destroy EE, that's just you hating on the crew. They are talented people, and I doubt they are conspiring to bring EE to it's knees.

aka towwl

#14 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Give it up MIHB! Your fiendish reign is over!

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#15 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

MIHB wrote:

Who knew.

brater8 wrote:

Break Ex Crew up! Stop updating the game! People will do all they can with their current blocks and creativity will flourish. But most of all, Ex Crew is at the root of this problem. Stop playing their levels! Call for a break-up! Let Ex Crew be no more!

9162-triple-facepalm_f-jpg.5765

#16 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

This thread is absolute fail. All of your points are invalid because they are based on absolutely nothing. The entire thing is extremely uneducated opinion.

1: Trolls are not a problem. It is your own fault if you are stupid enough to give out the code. If you want to be able to give out the code then make some friends.

2: If it wasn't for ex crew, then there would be a lot less fun levels, they'd all be the same crap you see at the top of the list. If ex crew never came to be, somewhere down the line it would have happened anyways with some other group of level makers.

3: Yes, more options makes us unable to be creative :rolleyes: And who cares if "less experienced" players have the same amount of resources as "experienced" players? It doesn't change anything at all. Also, if you don't agree with buying useless tools then don't buy them. Most people don't. Yes Chris could have made more money with commercials, but that wasn't his aim was it?

4: Lower use of older items? Since when? In all decent levels I see(well, used to see), almost every block type is used. Maybe you stopped using them, but that is your own fault.

5: Wow. Your logic here was so confusing I had to think about this one for a few seconds to comprehend how utterly idiotic it was. Before, when your world got trolled, it would take hours to fix, and a lot of the time you even had to clear the entire thing and start over. But with saved levels, EVERY map maker benefited because all they had to do was reset to the last save point to fix the trolling. The trolls have caused 0 pros to leave the game, because no pro is stupid enough to give the code to anybody they don't know. The lack of updates has caused many pros and "veterans"(like myself) to leave the game. Also, many of them (like myself once again) were merely bored of this game and were ready to move on.

6: Several of your friends quit because levels that they are not forced to join had the sole purpose of grabbing noobs' attention? Well those are what I call childish whiny ****.

7: Ha, I was hoping I'd find this as one of your points. Earlier you said that having updates few and far was good, but now you are saying that the lack of updates is bad? Pretty contradictory. It seems like this point is talking more about your distaste for the carnival pack than the lack of updates. If you don't like it then don't use it. If you see a level with too much of the carnival backgrounds, then leave. Problem solved, bro. Bla bla bla, the rest of the argument is your simple distaste for certain updates. Don't like it don't use it.

#17 Before February 2015

brater8

On the contrary...

1. Kongregate also caused an increase in the number of players, straining servers
2. Ex crew dominated the market.   If they disbanded again, we would enter another era of competition, and the game would be better for it.
3.   I think that for the game to be better, all resources must be equal.   It makes certain players on the chat feel like they are being forced to come back.   Also more money with advertising would make the game better for all.
4.   I quit making levels after the candy package...anyway my point is, if you have less options you will be forced to make do with them and out of the scraps arise great lvls.
5.   Firstly, I was saying that when you repaired it, you often found ways to get it better.   The trolling was benign.   After the update, it became merely annoying.
6.   Really, you look at the world list when a mod is playing and you see a lot of high placed numbers with mod name levels.
7.   I think that the admin has contributed nothing wanted to the game thus far, and so it a moneywaster.   Leaving levels with it is not an option iwhen a huge amount of games have those.   The lack of updates to me was a good thing, after a bad thing.   For a while it sucked, then the game started flourishing again.

#18 Before February 2015

doomy64

brater8 wrote:

Better levels were made rarely, because the more resources lessened creativity.

That's like saying no redstone stuff on minecraft would increase creativity

Last edited by doomy64 (May 2 2012 5:50:59 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

brater8

It WOULD!   Because then people would have to find a way to do it without, like causing a chain reaction with cave collapses.

#20 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

First: EE was not moved to Kongregate. It was placed on there for more people to play it.

Second: How are they destroying the game??? They create creative levels and people enjoy them. That's the main point of this game. Also, haven't you ever heard of bugs? And EX Crew quit because of a lack of updates. And it's not EX Crew's fault people imitate them.

Third: *Sigh* Are you new here? The Energy shop was here for a long time and allows us to have fun by showing our styles and being ourselves. I think the game was a bit boring playing the game 1smile1, 1bigsmile1, pFhcd.png, ie2u3.png, YGMal.png, and WevBh.png.

Fourth: Do you think negatively about everything? Updates give us new features to try out and enjoy. If you don't like them, don't use them. We all know how much old levels can be a bit of fun, but updates are basically like turning a JPEG image into a PNG.

Fifth: Stop blaming Chris and the EX Crew! They aren't to blame for everything! It's just trolls! So what?

Sixth: Moderators were there to help Chris and moderate the game to make it safe for kids. And how are they supposed to help the "[Modname] was here" levels? It's not their fault! You're acting like Chris, the admins and the EX crew are Delros!

Seventh: The carnival was a freaking accident! They were unaware about the "seizure" crap. And who cares if the Robber smiley is doing no point? It's not doing anything wrong, is it? It's not as horrible as the EX Crew, is it? Or Chris? Or the mods? Also, for gods sake, THE FRIENDS LIST WAS JUST RELEASED. Ever heard of beta? It means that it's not ready! They're still working on it! And for the pay-only things! Three freaking items! If you really don't want them, don't buy them! Simple! Just don't pay! It's not hurting anything.

And finally, stop acting like the EX Crew is Rebecca Black. How do you think you can stop them in the first place if there's thousands of people on their side? I say you're either trolling or just jealous. EX Crew didn't do anything wrong. If they did, give some proof.

And for the final paragraph, learn your Everybody Edits history. Seriously. Your timeline is very jumpy. Nobody will be on your side if everything you say is off.

Last edited by Krazyman50 (May 2 2012 5:52:33 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

doomy64

brater8 wrote:

It WOULD!   Because then people would have to find a way to do it without, like causing a chain reaction with cave collapses.

Oh really?
90% of minecraft creations couldn't have been made without redstone.Same goes for EE with one-way blocks,gravity arrows,and more blocks(for art)

#22 Before February 2015

brater8

Krazy, I was here before the energy shop...I came right before the game went on kong.   and my argument is for Disbanding Ex Crew and stopping Chris from updating.

#23 Before February 2015

Koto

why do people act like EX crew is the only decent crew in ee....

#24 Before February 2015

MIHB

HAHAHA, our monopoly continues!   Submit yourselves and FEAR.

#25 Before February 2015

doomy64

brater8 wrote:

Krazy, I was here before the energy shop...I came right before the game went on kong.   and my argument is for Disbanding Ex Crew and stopping Chris from updating.

I should stop arguing with you and go argue with an air molecule.Why?:
1.It's less of a waste of time
2.It can give valid points,or at least more valid points than you

Last edited by doomy64 (May 2 2012 6:06:04 pm)

Victoria1575950080769831

Board footer