Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Koto

Re: Sandwiches

AzurePudding wrote:

I can have one strip of bacon for 100 calories, or I can have 5 strips of turkey bacon, which tastes pretty much just as good

Go stand in the corner, now!

#27 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

But it's easy to have too many calories.   Calories can turn into fat.

CAN turn in to fat.

I'd rather eat more and get less calories from it, than eat a litle bit of food worth the same calories.

SCREW CALORIES! Counting calories is how my friend nearly died. >_<

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

"Like health food"?   Health food can taste good.

The health food I am referring to does not. It tastes like cardboard. The commercials aren't kidding when they say that stuff tastes like cardboard.

Not all health food tastes good.   Just as all high-calorie foods also don't taste good. Having a few spoonfuls of nothing but mayonaise isn't health food, is incredibly high in calories, and would taste disgusting.   I can have one strip of bacon for 100 calories, or I can have 5 strips of turkey bacon, which tastes pretty much just as good, for the same amount.   That's 5 times more food for the same amount of calories, without sacrificing flavor.   You can have good food without it being soaked and dripping with melted animal lard.

I'm not saying calories taste good, I'm saying health food frequently tastes like cardboard, and sometimes there is no substitute for the real thing. Stop acting like calories are evil, they keep you alive. It DOES sacrifice flavor. Do a taste test. Get some turkey bacon, and get some thick cut hickory smoked bacon. Which tastes a thousand times better? I never said that greasy is good, either. Grease is alright in moderate amounts, but once your food starts dripping, it's going to get gross. I also never said that anything without grease is horrible. There definitely is good food that has no grease in it (cheesecake <3), but when you try to go healthy things get messed up. Vegans frequently lose their hair from lack of protein and have to go eat supplements or something to keep from going bald. People die or nearly die out of fear from calories. If all you're afraid of is getting fat, then stop counting calories, just watch your weight and exercise if you want to.

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

And that's probably because bread wasn't meant to be sleeped on.

But the fact that you can sleep on it peacefully just adds another point to white bread.

When it comes to eating, which is the main purpose of food, nope.

The MAIN purpose, not the ONLY purpose. Bread has many more uses than eating, and white bread happens to have more uses than wheat.

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

White                          |                 Wheat
Tasty                                               Tasty
Soft                                                  Soft
Sleepable(Irrelevant)            Healthy
White: 2, Wheat: 3

Fix'd

It is not tasty, it is not soft. Wheat (actually, most types of bread but we're discussing wheat vs white here) leaves crumbs everywhere.

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

I like icecream, but I wouldn't like to sleep in it.

We are not talking about ice cream. Ice cream is cold and wet, bread is warm and dry.

We were also talking about eating, not sleeping.   Temperature depends.   The bread in my freezer isn't warm.

But it isn't meant to be eaten cold. At eating temperature, ice cream is not comfortable to sleep in, and white bread is. Wheat gets crumbs everywhere when you try to sleep on it. Most forms of bread do, but white does not. It merely compresses.

END RANT.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 Before February 2015

Ratburntro44
Website

I swear barely anybody in the US actually knows what white bread means. They just think it only refers to pullman loaf wonder bread crap.

#29 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

That's what I'm referring to since I don't know another name for it.

- ShinsukeIto

#30 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

But it's easy to have too many calories.   Calories can turn into fat.

CAN turn in to fat.

I'd rather eat more and get less calories from it, than eat a litle bit of food worth the same calories.

SCREW CALORIES! Counting calories is how my friend nearly died. >_<

Some appetizers at resturaunts are over 3000 calories.   2000 is the normal amount for a whole day.   So yeah, it helps to count calories.   With food being so easy to get nowadays, and with such large portions, with small servings with high calories, it's better to find substitutes that tase nearly as good or even better but with less calories.   More filling, less fat.

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

"Like health food"?   Health food can taste good.

The health food I am referring to does not. It tastes like cardboard. The commercials aren't kidding when they say that stuff tastes like cardboard.

Not all health food tastes good.   Just as all high-calorie foods also don't taste good. Having a few spoonfuls of nothing but mayonaise isn't health food, is incredibly high in calories, and would taste disgusting.   I can have one strip of bacon for 100 calories, or I can have 5 strips of turkey bacon, which tastes pretty much just as good, for the same amount.   That's 5 times more food for the same amount of calories, without sacrificing flavor.   You can have good food without it being soaked and dripping with melted animal lard.

I'm not saying calories taste good, I'm saying health food frequently tastes like cardboard, and sometimes there is no substitute for the real thing. Stop acting like calories are evil, they keep you alive. It DOES sacrifice flavor. Do a taste test. Get some turkey bacon, and get some thick cut hickory smoked bacon. Which tastes a thousand times better? I never said that greasy is good, either. Grease is alright in moderate amounts, but once your food starts dripping, it's going to get gross. I also never said that anything without grease is horrible. There definitely is good food that has no grease in it (cheesecake <3), but when you try to go healthy things get messed up. Vegans frequently lose their hair from lack of protein and have to go eat supplements or something to keep from going bald. People die or nearly die out of fear from calories. If all you're afraid of is getting fat, then stop counting calories, just watch your weight and exercise if you want to.

And, again, it depends on the health food.   Again, there are nasty unhealthy foods, and nasty healthy foods.   When you find delicious healthy food, then that's better.   I just said turkey bacon tastes nearly the same as normal bacon.   With bigger slices, and more slices, for the same calories, I can eat more food and fill myself up more with eating the same, or even less, calories.   Calories keep you alive? True, but too much of a good thing can be bad.   Any calories you don't burn off in a day is stored as fat.   Also, maybe you should check cheesecake again for grease.   There is grease in many many foods.

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

And that's probably because bread wasn't meant to be sleeped on.

But the fact that you can sleep on it peacefully just adds another point to white bread.

When it comes to eating, which is the main purpose of food, nope.

The MAIN purpose, not the ONLY purpose. Bread has many more uses than eating, and white bread happens to have more uses than wheat.

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

White                          |                 Wheat
Tasty                                               Tasty
Soft                                                  Soft
Sleepable(Irrelevant)            Healthy
White: 2, Wheat: 3

Fix'd

It is not tasty, it is not soft. Wheat (actually, most types of bread but we're discussing wheat vs white here) leaves crumbs everywhere.

Some kinds of wheat bread taste better than white bread.   White bread alone has barely any flavor.   It may not be disgusting, but it's empty calories.   If you have wheat bread with something else with it, it also tastes better.   Like Mayo.   Mayo by itself is disgusting, but with meat it tastes great.   If you think all wheat bread is disgusting based off of one kind you've tried, then it could taste better with something with it.   Difference is, wheat bread is a lot healthier than mayo by itself.

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

We are not talking about ice cream. Ice cream is cold and wet, bread is warm and dry.

We were also talking about eating, not sleeping.   Temperature depends.   The bread in my freezer isn't warm.

But it isn't meant to be eaten cold. At eating temperature, ice cream is not comfortable to sleep in, and white bread is. Wheat gets crumbs everywhere when you try to sleep on it. Most forms of bread do, but white does not. It merely compresses.

END RANT.

Again we're talking about food here. Eating.   Not sleeping in food.   Food wasn't meant to sleep in.   I also don't understand your messy argument, as white bread is also crumby, and o ther unhealthy foods like bacon drip with grease.   Does this mean wheat bread is better because it's better to sleep in than bacon?   We're talking eating here, not sleeping and using things as matresses.

#31 Before February 2015

Why do you even like white/wheat bread? lrn2breadroll

#32 Before February 2015

ani

TIL EE COMMUNITY WOULD MAKE GREAT WOMEN.

Last edited by FuzzySocks (Jan 13 2013 7:47:12 am)

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#33 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Different55 wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Mmmm... You get that tuna, some cheese, mayo, grill it on the stove, GOOD STUFF.

Totally, sometimes I add some crisp lettuce and top it with a pick!

Don't know about the pickle, but to go along with that sandwich, we're going to need some Bacon Salad

Not a pickle, a pick. And I say the Bacon Salad needs some sweet juicy fruit to make a prefect pair.

#34 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

AzurePudding wrote:

Some appetizers at resturaunts are over 3000 calories.   2000 is the normal amount for a whole day.   So yeah, it helps to count calories.   With food being so easy to get nowadays, and with such large portions, with small servings with high calories, it's better to find substitutes that tase nearly as good or even better but with less calories.   More filling, less fat.

Name 1 legit substitute for bacon.
I'm pretty sure I consume at least twice your 2000 calorie amount. Who defines normal? Why is that normal? Normal should be what most people eat, and if most people aren't eating 2000 calories then it is not normal. It's what whoever defines normal wants normal to be. Screw them, and their numbers.

AzurePudding wrote:

And, again, it depends on the health food.   Again, there are nasty unhealthy foods, and nasty healthy foods.   When you find delicious healthy food, then that's better.   I just said turkey bacon tastes nearly the same as normal bacon.   With bigger slices, and more slices, for the same calories, I can eat more food and fill myself up more with eating the same, or even less, calories.   Calories keep you alive? True, but too much of a good thing can be bad.   Any calories you don't burn off in a day is stored as fat.   Also, maybe you should check cheesecake again for grease.   There is grease in many many foods.

There is no turkey bacon on planet earth that can replace bacon. They definitely do NOT taste the same, and you're still acting like that 2000 calories is a limit. That once you hit that, you have to stop. You don't. You can eat however much food you want. If you see you're gaining a little weight, work out to get rid of the weight, but you should find your own balance between how much you can eat without gaining weight and how much you're willing to work out. No need for calorie counting. Everybody's different, and you shouldn't be trying to fit what someone says is a normal amount of food or calories.

AzurePudding wrote:

Some kinds of wheat bread taste better than white bread.   White bread alone has barely any flavor.   It may not be disgusting, but it's empty calories.   If you have wheat bread with something else with it, it also tastes better.   Like Mayo.   Mayo by itself is disgusting, but with meat it tastes great.   If you think all wheat bread is disgusting based off of one kind you've tried, then it could taste better with something with it.   Difference is, wheat bread is a lot healthier than mayo by itself.

It does have a flavor, and even if it didn't, what's the problem with empty calories.
I've tried a lot of kinds of wheat bread. I eat it very frequently, and I enjoy my sandwiches. But I enjoy it more without wheat bread.

Mayo might not be as healthy, but if I enjoy it more than wheat bread I'm going to have some mayo when possible.

Arceus64 wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:

Totally, sometimes I add some crisp lettuce and top it with a pick!

Don't know about the pickle, but to go along with that sandwich, we're going to need some Bacon Salad

Not a pickle, a pick. And I say the Bacon Salad needs some sweet juicy fruit to make a prefect pair.

If you want fruit to go with bacon, it needs to be pears or watermelon or something.

- ShinsukeIto

#35 Before February 2015

Bobithan

250px-Sandvich.png
Srsly guise.
Guise srsly

aka towwl

#36 Before February 2015

Deetz

Hoo boy.

Bread: Ciabatta Roll, sliced
Meat: Cold ham and turkey, possibly pastrami
Toppings: One large slice of tomato
Condiments: Dijon and Spicy Brown mustard.

Heaven on a plate.

#37 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

Name 1 legit substitute for bacon.
I'm pretty sure I consume at least twice your 2000 calorie amount. Who defines normal? Why is that normal? Normal should be what most people eat, and if most people aren't eating 2000 calories then it is not normal. It's what whoever defines normal wants normal to be. Screw them, and their numbers.

I already have.   Turkey bacon is delicious.   Normal bacon is pretty much the same, just greasier.     2000 is a normal amount.   Want to know why?   The average person burns about 1400 calories a day without moving at all.   3400 calories converts into 1 pound of fat.   Assuming you at least get up and walk around in your house at least during the day, You'll stay about the same weight if you eat 2000 calories.   If you really eat that much, you must either have a lot of muscle from working out as you burn calories faster, or you're heavier than you think you are.

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

There is no turkey bacon on planet earth that can replace bacon. They definitely do NOT taste the same, and you're still acting like that 2000 calories is a limit. That once you hit that, you have to stop. You don't. You can eat however much food you want. If you see you're gaining a little weight, work out to get rid of the weight, but you should find your own balance between how much you can eat without gaining weight and how much you're willing to work out. No need for calorie counting. Everybody's different, and you shouldn't be trying to fit what someone says is a normal amount of food or calories.

Turkey bacon is bacon.   That's like saying no chocolate ice cream on earth can replace ice cream.   It's still ice cream though.   Google world's fattest man.   That's someone who doesn't count calories.

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

It does have a flavor, and even if it didn't, what's the problem with empty calories.
I've tried a lot of kinds of wheat bread. I eat it very frequently, and I enjoy my sandwiches. But I enjoy it more without wheat bread.   Mayo might not be as healthy, but if I enjoy it more than wheat bread I'm going to have some mayo when possible.

It has as much flavor as water.   Most of bread is air.   There are plenty of healthier foods you can eat with better flavor than white bread.   You know, calories aren't the only things that matter with eating healthy.   Eating truly healthier foods lengthens your life expentancy.   I'd rather live 100 years of wheat bread and turkey bacon than 70 years of bacon and white bread.
Also, here's 3400 calories fat-55.jpg

How's that for numbers.

#38 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Different55 wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

If you want fruit to go with bacon, it needs to be pears or watermelon or something.

That's OK, I can supply that too.

#39 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

AzurePudding wrote:

I already have.   Turkey bacon is delicious.   Normal bacon is pretty much the same, just greasier.     2000 is a normal amount.   Want to know why?   The average person burns about 1400 calories a day without moving at all.   3400 calories converts into 1 pound of fat.   Assuming you at least get up and walk around in your house at least during the day, You'll stay about the same weight if you eat 2000 calories.   If you really eat that much, you must either have a lot of muscle from working out as you burn calories faster, or you're heavier than you think you are.

Bacon is not "pretty much the same, just greasier." It tastes a thousand times better than turkey bacon. MRW I eat turkey bacon:
NomNomNom.jpg
MRW I eat bacon:
EMvq5.jpg
qqr2G.jpg?1
140 pounds at ~6' 9" Not fat at all, kthx.
If the average person burns 1400 calories

AzurePudding wrote:

Turkey bacon is bacon.   That's like saying no chocolate ice cream on earth can replace ice cream.   It's still ice cream though.   Google world's fattest man.   That's someone who doesn't count calories.

Bacon
Bacon is a cured meat prepared from a pig. It is first cured using large quantities of salt, either in a brine or in a dry packing; the result is fresh bacon. Fresh bacon may then be further dried for weeks or months in cold air, boiled, or smoked.
Turkey bacon is not bacon, and it doesn't taste like it.

YOU DON'T FRICKIN' SAY?! Just because one fat person doesn't count calories means anyone who doesn't count calories is fat?

AzurePudding wrote:

It has as much flavor as water.   Most of bread is air.   There are plenty of healthier foods you can eat with better flavor than white bread.   You know, calories aren't the only things that matter with eating healthy.   Eating truly healthier foods lengthens your life expentancy.   I'd rather live 100 years of wheat bread and turkey bacon than 70 years of bacon and white bread.

It has as much flavor as air*
I'm not saying it's the healthiest or the tastiest, I don't really care about how healthy my bread is, and if I want flavor, I'll make my own bread.

AzurePudding wrote:

Also, here's 3400 calories http://positivemed.com/wp-content/uploa … fat-55.jpg

How's that for numbers.

That's just disgusting, and this is also 3400 calories:
34jagzr.jpg
See, your 3400 calories don't look that bad now, do they? That's a PLATE. Filled with STUFF. Stuff that one might consider HEALTHY. Stuff like BROCCOLI. And RICE. And tiny bits of some UNKNOWN MEAT. WHAT NOW.
d4zr3.jpg

- ShinsukeIto

#40 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

Bacon is not "pretty much the same, just greasier." It tastes a thousand times better than turkey bacon. MRW I eat turkey bacon:
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/NomNomNom.jpg
MRW I eat bacon:
http://i.imgur.com/EMvq5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qqr2G.jpg?1
140 pounds at ~6' 9" Not fat at all, kthx.
If the average person burns 1400 calories

AzurePudding wrote:

Bacon
Bacon is a cured meat prepared from a pig. It is first cured using large quantities of salt, either in a brine or in a dry packing; the result is fresh bacon. Fresh bacon may then be further dried for weeks or months in cold air, boiled, or smoked.
Turkey bacon is not bacon, and it doesn't taste like it.

YOU DON'T FRICKIN' SAY?! Just because one fat person doesn't count calories means anyone who doesn't count calories is fat?

AzurePudding wrote:

It has as much flavor as air*
I'm not saying it's the healthiest or the tastiest, I don't really care about how healthy my bread is, and if I want flavor, I'll make my own bread.

AzurePudding wrote:

Also, here's 3400 calories http://positivemed.com/wp-content/uploa … fat-55.jpg

How's that for numbers.

That's just disgusting, and this is also 3400 calories:
http://oi46.tinypic.com/34jagzr.jpg
See, your 3400 calories don't look that bad now, do they? That's a PLATE. Filled with STUFF. Stuff that one might consider HEALTHY. Stuff like BROCCOLI. And RICE. And tiny bits of some UNKNOWN MEAT. WHAT NOW.
http://i.imgur.com/d4zr3.jpg

Yeah so.. eating the handful of fat or eating that plate of food.   That makes that plate look worse, actually.

Bacon is mostly made from pigs.   That's why we just call it bacon, and not pork bacon.   If turkeys were mostly use for bacon, we'd call the "normal" bacon as "pork bacon."   Turkey bacon tastes a lot better than most normal bacon strips I've had.   Nice and chewy, with lasting flavor, and less calories.

6'9".   I find that hard to believe.   Especially at 140 pounds and able to eat all of this stuff without gaining weight.

Come at me, sis.

Last edited by AzurePudding (Jan 13 2013 9:15:39 pm)

#41 Before February 2015

Koto

Actually look up the definition of acon.   It comes from a pig.   Turkey bacon is not bacon, turkey just likes to pretend to be everything else.

#42 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Actually look up the definition of acon.   It comes from a pig.   Turkey bacon is not bacon, turkey just likes to pretend to be everything else.

What's better, 100% Caucau or white chocolate?

#43 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

PB&J:
Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly (preferably Apricot, yum)
Peanut butter
Bread

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#44 Before February 2015

r0boguyrocks

garlic bread
salami
mustard
cheese
banana peppers
italian bread

see, no irrelevant tangents over calories and bacon.

#45 Before February 2015

Koto

AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

well, I believe chocolate is made through a process, and things are added to it.   Turkey bacon is just a different type of meat, which by definition, makes it not bacon.

#46 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

well, I believe chocolate is made through a process, and things are added to it.   Turkey bacon is just a different type of meat, which by definition, makes it not bacon.

Both "chocolates" go through a process with things added to it.   Which is better?

#47 Before February 2015

Ratburntro44
Website

AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I fail to see relevance, but if you mean 100% pure cocoa powder, then that. If you're talking about the bean itself, then the marginal utility per dollar spent is too low for either of them for it to even matter.

#48 Before February 2015

Koto

AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

Both "chocolates" go through a process with things added to it.   Which is better?

I've never had Caucau //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/wink

#49 Before February 2015

Deetz

Who knew there could be a heated discussion in a topic about sandwiches?

And this heated discussion started because Diff said that white bread is sleepable o.o

#50 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Deetz wrote:

Who knew there could be a heated discussion in a topic about sandwiches?

And this heated discussion started because Diff said that white bread is sleepable o.o

It's all fun and games until someone insults the Bread of Sleeping.

- ShinsukeIto

Onjit1631622916791505

Board footer