Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-02 06:35:13, last edited by !nb4 (2016-03-03 05:59:28)

!nb4
Formerly AYB

I got glasses today. Recomendations?

So I just got glasses today and I have a 1.75 on one eye and a 2.00 on the other.
Any recommendations for handling and/or to-be-careful (TBC)'s?

tanks

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#2 2016-03-02 06:43:18

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: I got glasses today. Recomendations?

don't sit on them. obviously the number one rule.
try to put them in a case instead of just putting them on ur shirt or something, assuming you don't have to constantly wear them -- that's how i ended up getting scratches on mine. also thanks for reminding me that i need to get new glasses... mostly bc i haven't worn them often and my vision's continued to deteriorate //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

if you're giving them to other people, because people putting on your glasses is just a thing, tell 'em to be careful

perhaps consider preemptively getting an eyeglass repair kit just in case (which also helps if you're replacing watch bands). it has screws, a screwdriver, and nose-pads iirc

also don't stare into the sun

have fun w/ being four-eyed but with hawk-like vision

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2016-03-02 07:14:23, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2016-03-02 07:14:40)

Xfrogman43

Zoey2070 wrote:

perhaps consider preemptively getting an eyeglass repair kit just in case (which also helps if you're replacing watch bands). it has screws, a screwdriver, and nose-pads iirc

Never needed this because my mom works at an eye doctor //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

My mom and I are the ones in my household that wear glasses.
Unlike "normal people who wear glasses" only my left eye is bad. I forget the numbers tho

I recommend trying your best to not let other people wear your glasses, even though I let people wear them all the time. 1) it can hurt both of your visions (even if just for a sec) because you are used to your glasses and when you take them off it makes it hard to see... at least for me.

Zoey2070 wrote:

Why would you stare into the sun anyways //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

Cases are good to have around all the time, just in - case - you, like zoey said, don't need to wear them all the time... or you just want to take them off because why not. You should also get a glasses cleaner, my mom's work has spray stuff and cloths so get some of dat goodness

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#4 2016-03-02 07:32:16

!nb4
Formerly AYB

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Never needed this because my mom works at an eye doctor //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

My mom and I are the ones in my household that wear glasses.
Unlike "normal people who wear glasses" only my left eye is bad. I forget the numbers tho

I recommend trying your best to not let other people wear your glasses, even though I let people wear them all the time. 1) it can hurt both of your visions (even if just for a sec) because you are used to your glasses and when you take them off it makes it hard to see... at least for me.

Zoey2070 wrote:

Why would you stare into the sun anyways //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

Cases are good to have around all the time, just in - case - you, like zoey said, don't need to wear them all the time... or you just want to take them off because why not. You should also get a glasses cleaner, my mom's work has spray stuff and cloths so get some of dat goodness

Zoey2070 wrote:

try to put them in a case instead of just putting them on ur shirt or something, assuming you don't have to constantly wear them -- that's how i ended up getting scratches on mine. also thanks for reminding me that i need to get new glasses... mostly bc i haven't worn them often and my vision's continued to deteriorate //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

if you're giving them to other people, because people putting on your glasses is just a thing, tell 'em to be careful

have fun w/ being four-eyed but with hawk-like vision

I consider these very helpful recommendations. I just bought those spray and cloth things. Thanks!

ZCK0zcQ.gif

Wooted by:

#5 2016-03-02 08:27:36, last edited by Dazz (2016-03-02 15:32:19)

Dazz

If you have these kind of glasses:   

Hidden text

You should check those screws at least once a month,  or you might want to add a tiny drop of super glue on them. Just saying, if you decide to add super glue and somehow you smear some on the lenses, just use a cotton swab with a little acetone and gently clear it off, same deal if you want to easily remove the glue you added to hold the screws in place. Oh and use a string retainer, they will save your glasses one day and all the trouble.  Glasses in soup taste funny.

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2016-03-02 13:17:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Don't let google know.
LbAtBpWK.png

Discord: jawp#5123

#7 2016-03-02 13:17:33, last edited by Zumza (2016-03-02 13:22:18)

Zumza

175, 200 of what? + or -?

As I know:
If its + you should wear them all the time its no problem; + tends to repair your eyes
If its - you shouldn't wear them when you look at something close to you(its pointless and not healthy); - tends to stabilise (it won't repair anything, in some cases it makes it worse)

But I guess you did go to a doctor and they told you what you should be aware of.

edit:
Also: Use Zeiss as lens, they are very good quality.
If you need to change your lens often I recommend some low price ones.
If you need to change your lens rare you may look at something with more scratch protection, durability etc.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#8 2016-03-02 14:25:10

Weirdoverse
Website

stare at sun

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Wooted by: (5)

#9 2016-03-02 15:15:36

Insanity

squeeze them into a GoPro case and chuck them into an active volcano to test its durability

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#10 2016-03-02 15:56:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

recomendations you ask?
hmm
i think wearing the glasses is a good idea

actually a serious recomendation: if youre going to do some stupid stuff such as running-jumping around aka active games then TAKE THE GLASSES OFF

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#11 2016-03-02 17:24:35

Koya
Fabulous Member

175 and 200?

At more than 10 or less than -10 you are legally blind (knew someone who was -9)

If you mean 1.75 and 2.00 - then you should be a lot happier, I'm -2 in both (short sighted) so I can't really suggest anything to you.
You don't need to hold onto the glasses cleaning spray as just wiping with a fibreless cloth (i.e. toilet roll) will do the trick; make sure you do clean your glasses at least once a week, I wear mine all the time and it's a noticeable difference after cleaning after a week.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#12 2016-03-02 18:31:39, last edited by Abelysk (2016-03-02 18:32:58)

Abelysk

I have -4 in both eyes. Horrid vision...
Don't sit on 'em,
Only wipe using glasses cloth,
Keep out of reach from children,
Don't look at the sun unless you have UV protection like I do (but don't look at sun why would u do that),
And um don't let your cat play w/ it,
And take it off when you're doing near-range sighting (being on your phone, etc),
And show off at school.

I look like your typical smart anime badass if I do dare say so myself. You saw my selfie right?

Wooted by:

#13 2016-03-02 18:44:25

If you lose your glasses cleaning spray or something, cleaning them with water + dishwasher detergent should be enough.

Get used to everyone wanting to try on your glasses. Ugh.
Also get used to "How many fingers am I holding up????? xD"

/unrelated I hate really thin frames like the ones Dazz linked because they feel like they break very easily. I've always used this type, but well, you've already bought it...

Zoey2070 wrote:

One of my old high school friends accidentally sat on my glasses once. He was literally obese and weighed over 100 kg, at the very least.
The guys at the eyesglass store spent days fixing that... thing.. my glasses became.

Wooted by:

#14 2016-03-02 21:47:49

Pingohits
Banned

holy lord 175 and 200 what did you have a staring contest with the sun?

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#15 2016-03-02 21:52:17

Anak

Zoey2070 wrote:

Look we know we cause inconvenience we just want to experience different viewpoints and momentarily hurt ourselves

Wooted by:

#16 2016-03-02 22:06:20

gkaby
Website

Something I noticed that may be of use to u is if ur glasses get really dirty and u leave them like that u will become habituated to them being dirty and no longer notice but then if u clean them u will know how dirty they must've been because you'll be able to see again

idk

#17 2016-03-02 22:23:18

Anch

I recommend you don't break them.

Wooted by:

#18 2016-03-03 03:32:04

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

glasses_thing_evil.jpg?itok=WvkAqVZE&mtime=1423024626.png
Do this to your friends

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#19 2016-03-03 03:38:02, last edited by Processor (2016-03-03 13:25:46)

Xfrogman43

0176 wrote:

Also get used to "How many fingers am I holding up????? xD"

This is so annoying. WE CAN STILL SEE WE DONT SEE BLURRY FINGERS

<snip (Inappropriate Language)>

0176 wrote:

I've always used this type, but well, you've already bought it...

I have Ray Bans o:

gkaby wrote:

Something I noticed that may be of use to u is if ur glasses get really dirty and u leave them like that u will become habituated to them being dirty and no longer notice but then if u clean them u will know how dirty they must've been because you'll be able to see again

My friend says "I don't need to clean em they arent that dirty" yet there are scratches and dirt everywhere

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#20 2016-03-03 03:40:58, last edited by Muftwin (2016-03-03 03:43:07)

Muftwin

When i saw the title i thought you wanted reccomendations for things to looks at with your improved vision, not glass care advice. Instantly I thought of this cheese. Enjoy

cheese_highdefinition_picture_3_167321.jpg

EDIT: i am very dissapointed gkabyss didnt think of this and post some images too

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by:

#21 2016-03-03 05:55:31

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Anak wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Look we know we cause inconvenience we just want to experience different viewpoints and momentarily hurt ourselves

the funny thing is, trying on someone else's glasses is what made me realize i had awful vision. i put on their glasses and was amazed at the fact that i could read signs across the cafeteria!
it was life-changing.

'cept i still don't wear my glasses so

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#22 2016-03-03 06:03:16

Different55
Forum Admin

Zoey2070 wrote:
Anak wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

the funny thing is, trying on someone else's glasses is what made me realize i had awful vision. i put on their glasses and was amazed at the fact that i could read signs across the cafeteria!
it was life-changing.

'cept i still don't wear my glasses so

I have a friend like you. He ended up turning into a hipster and starting a band though, so it's probably a good thing you didn't keep wearing your glasses. Maybe something like contact lenses would be safe.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#23 2016-03-03 06:06:33

!nb4
Formerly AYB

I actually prefer glasses not only because it looks cool, I just like it.

lol

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#24 2016-03-03 09:51:12

Koya
Fabulous Member

Zoey2070 wrote:

Also, whenever someone with perfect vision puts on your glasses they see the opposite of what you see.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#25 2016-03-03 14:13:31

Zumza

Koya wrote:

175 and 200?
At more than 10 or less than -10 you are legally blind (knew someone who was -9)

Indeed generally the focal distance its measured in m. I think !nb4 used cm.
And no, people with more than module of 10 aren't blind. They can't do well without glasses. Their lens are just more heavy. And at some point they may do a laser operation.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Board footer