Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-06 00:14:26

XxAtillaxX

Fire Nou.

Nou has done absolutely nothing, is incapable of understanding the development process and has been milking profits whilst doing little to re-finance.

It's not very uncommon to find topics posted here, and questions asked in-game from those who are concerned about the development progress of the Unity client.
It's not very common to get a straight answer in reply. You see, instead of transparency, he's unwilling to shed light on the truth, as it's revealing of his incompetence.

I've heard from an amused developer that there hadn't been any development progress from them within 5+ months. Is this acceptable from the leadership?
It shouldn't be of any surprise to anyone that in fact, the reason for the lack of progress transparency stems from his unwillingness to co-operate with the developers.

In familiarity with Julian, he has been evading responsibility and has been rejecting reconciliation with his staff.
In an attempt to get the ball rolling on the development process, he resorts to hiring fresh new blood, instead of putting in any effort himself.

I'm fairly surprised that they hadn't formed any sort of resolution by now.
In consideration between the staff, ownership should be upon that who leads by productivity, not popularity.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#2 2017-03-06 00:20:08

XxAtillaxX

Re: Fire Nou.

HG wrote:

It's a disappointment that the game owner isn't even a developer.

He doesn't understand development, as even non-developers tend to.

A complete unwillingness to co-operate with the developers wishes, and allow them to re-write the Unity client.
Instead, it's evident that he prefers to have the project stagnate and go nowhere, instead of sacrificing the fraction of time it would take to re-write.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-06 00:39:10

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

He's never really done much. Sat back and barked orders, gave ridiculous deadlines/work loads, and acted bipolar.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the reason little progress has been made on EE, lately. In my experience, he took the fun out of it. I've spoke with a couple other staff members, and they agree.

I would have loved to see Nou go a long time ago. But, he's the owner of the game, and can't be fired. He can only leave on his own will.

I've talked with NVD several times about NOU. He told me a while back that he was going to attempt to regain ownership. He said he wasn't happy with NOU, and he didn't like how NOU ended up owning the game. You can complain about NVD being too young, dumb, w/e... but when NVD was the owner, things were done because the community requested it. It wasn't done on a whim, or for financial gain.

HG wrote:

He doesn't do ****.

I remember him saying, on several occasions, that he wasn't going to do something because he was an admin (primarily report checking).

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2017-03-06 00:50:45, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-03-06 00:51:42)

XxAtillaxX

MrJaWapa wrote:
HG wrote:

He doesn't do ****.

I remember him saying, on several occasions, that he wasn't going to do something because he was an admin (primarily report checking).

I wouldn't have an issue with him neglecting moderation duties as an administrator, however his role as administrator has been treating the game as a welfare cheque.
I've seen quite a few staff share their disappointment, and I couldn't begin to imagine the things they've said in private.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2017-03-06 00:53:58

Evilbunny

MrJaWapa wrote:

But, he's the owner of the game, and can't be fired. He can only leave on his own will.

How much do you think he would be willing to sell it for?

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#6 2017-03-06 00:57:43

XxAtillaxX

Evilbunny wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

But, he's the owner of the game, and can't be fired. He can only leave on his own will.

How much do you think he would be willing to sell it for?

I don't think he'd want to part with it and watch it become highly successful all the while teaching English to children.
By the looks of it, he seems to move on to the next developer on the hopes that they will do all the work for no gain.

Oh no, processor stopped working on it.
Well, let's hire Kaslai!
Oh no, kaslai wants to be paid for his work.
Well, let's hire lrussell!
Oh no, lrussell stopped working on it as there's no incentive.
Well, let's hire jesse!

Place your bets whose next, Anatoly or Ninja.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#7 2017-03-06 00:57:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Well considering he's already been asked to sell it, supposedly, I doubt he's going to give it up.

#8 2017-03-06 01:07:41

Evilbunny

I'm sure he has a price, it might not be reasonable, but there is a price.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#9 2017-03-06 01:09:15

XxAtillaxX

I think it would be more worthwhile to convince him to on the basis of his reputation remaining rather than provide him with another welfare cheque.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#10 2017-03-06 01:11:42

Different55
Forum Admin

I was wondering when the next "Demod X" topic would come up. We've been overdue.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 2017-03-06 01:12:28

XxAtillaxX

Different55 wrote:

I was wondering when the next "Demod X" topic would come up. We've been overdue.

I think we're overdue on making it happen, as well.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-03-06 03:12:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Wow we've yet to see any opposition to this yet. Let's see how long this echo chamber can go on!

Everybody Edits is Fred

#13 2017-03-06 03:21:48

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Nou was a bad choice. The rest of them actually develop or improve the game. Nou is just the delivery boy and takes too much credit for the other mods work.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#14 2017-03-06 03:27:07

Onjit
Website

It's no coincidence tgat Nou rhymes with poo.
Just saying.

:.|:;

#15 2017-03-06 03:29:55

hummerz5

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

Nou was a bad choice. The rest of them actually develop or improve the game. Nou is just the delivery boy and takes too much credit for the other mods work.

citation needed

I mean, I'm probably sharing the status quo of opinion, but let's give credit where it's due. Just because I don't know what Nou does... doesn't mean he does nothing. Contrarily, just because I don't know he does nothing doesn't mean he does something.

#16 2017-03-06 03:37:53

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

citation needed

citation granted

Wooted by:

#17 2017-03-06 03:38:52

Raphe9000

Nou, fire Nou!
"no u"

#18 2017-03-06 03:43:36

XxAtillaxX

hummerz5 wrote:
WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

citation needed

I mean, I'm probably sharing the status quo of opinion, but let's give credit where it's due. Just because I don't know what Nou does... doesn't mean he does nothing. Contrarily, just because I don't know he does nothing doesn't mean he does something.

It hasn't been explained why he took over besides on the basis of his popularity. I think the lack of success and revenue should count as evidence of a clear lack of leadership, and his addition of Kira as moderator shows his lack of administration.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#19 2017-03-06 03:47:45

hummerz5

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It hasn't been explained why he took over besides on the basis of his popularity. I think the lack of success and revenue should count as evidence of a clear lack of leadership, and his addition of Kira as moderator shows his lack of administration.

I'm just arguing semantics here. Is it "not enough" or is it "nothing" -- wwmwmwmwm seems to push the latter

As far as I'm concerned, lack of success could be things outside of his control. That's an unknown, but exactly that.

but I do concede I'm curious as to his reasoning behind Kira's modding

#20 2017-03-06 03:52:32

XxAtillaxX

hummerz5 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, lack of success could be things outside of his control. That's an unknown, but exactly that.

It isn't out of his control, there's an influx of potential players and the vast majority of them leave within the first few days.
It's well within his control to provide a competent leadership and to encourage his staff to allow it to happen.

Instead, he's chosen the route to delay Unity, which he has used as an excuse for his lack of success.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#21 2017-03-06 14:03:08, last edited by Zumza (2017-03-06 14:05:10)

Zumza

I'm not really familiar with how the ownership was passed one from another. And if somebody could explain me I would very much appreciate.
For instance I don't know why NVD passed the game to NOU.

But as @hummerz said, "Just because I don't know what Nou does... doesn't mean he does nothing".
As far as I've seen, NOU makes blog posts, update logs on the forum, and some game moderating things(like making gem codes for instance IIRC), he did some Twitch live videos about the game too.
Also I think he was the one who discovered "Jawapa's gem laundering system"?

All in all, I can't say I see NOU as a game owner.
Neither I can see somebody capable of taking EE on their backs(at least no name pops into me right now and be able to say 100% she/he'll be a perfect choice).
I'd like to see Atilla as NOU 's internship for game management. ^.^

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#22 2017-03-06 14:21:14, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-03-06 14:24:15)

XxAtillaxX

Zumza wrote:

"Jawapa's gem laundering system"?

Nope, not as far as I'm aware of considering events that coincide roughly around the same time.
I had been using an exploit along with Showpath to give ourselves gems to buy classics with.
Processor later discovered and patched it, and subsequently discovered JaWapa's black market scheme after scanning profiles for false gem transfers.

Zumza wrote:

All in all, I can't say I see NOU as a game owner.
Neither I can see somebody capable of taking EE on their backs(at least no name pops into me right now and be able to say 100% she/he'll be a perfect choice).
I'd like to see Atilla as NOU 's internship for game management. ^.^

I wouldn't wish to inherit the mess it's become, and at the very least it should be someone whose capable and willing to dedicate their time to actually administrate successfully.
I'm fairly confident NVD fits the criteria more than Nou, however hopefully by now he's learned to abstain from hiring his friends, considering a fairly recent event that led to a staff being fired which we hadn't publicised.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#23 2017-03-06 14:34:43

Mait

Am i the only one who has checked this whole time to see, if Nou has replied to this topic?

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#24 2017-03-06 17:04:48, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-06 17:05:19)

LukeM
Website

Im just putting a little warning here: I dont have any evidence for this, it is just speculation

You would be surprised how much effort goes into the boring admin side of things for even slightly successful games, and as far as I can tell, thats why the game was passed from NVD to NOU, because you dont really have a good understanding of that sort of thing at that sort of age.

On another note: EE has been on the downhill slide for a long time, not just since the game was handed to NOU, partly due to Flash, the fall of 2D games, the fact that this is an old game, the creation of other sandbox games like minecraft etc.

#25 2017-03-06 18:01:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Over eight days since public contact from Staff... Is "a few days" is the new Soon™?

Everybody Edits is Fred

MinerMan19631489509002650794

Board footer