Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-19 20:28:59

Raphe9000

A Few More NPC Ideas & Options

I was creating a world very heavy on NPCs, and I noticed a few more features would really flesh them out.

First, in an instance a world has multiple NPCs near each other, their names are all shown at once and can cover each other. This makes them hard to read. It would help if there was an option in player settings to only show one NPC name at a time, presumably the closest or the one you've interacted with.

Also, you can't have an NPC without a name, and they don't always need names. I end up just calling a lot of NPCs worker, bystander, or something that describes them or their dialogue. There should be the option to leave the name slot blank.
Lastly, I have a few ideas for new NPCs. A few practical ones that would help a lot in the game are the Police Officer, Nurse, Lady NPCs. There's also an NPC I thought of that would be more technical, but here me out:

An invisible NPC. It would require a name that would either always be visible or would be just still visible when near it. It would help a lot if you wanted dialogue w/o anything visible or, more importantly, if you wanted to show dialogue with something other than an NPC. Maybe you have dialogue with a tree, dragon, or some other weird character. This opens the door to infinite possibilities with only one NPC while not discrediting any other NPCs.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-06-19 20:43:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: A Few More NPC Ideas & Options

Personally, before NPCs were added, I wanted a type of sign that appears as a speech bubble icon in the world.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-06-20 23:23:00

Schlog

Re: A Few More NPC Ideas & Options

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with this suggestion, but please go into more depth on why it's good for a friend of mine.

Schlog1529533380710638

Board footer