Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-05 16:11:29

some woman

Looking for some very old EE mockups

The first two were mockup images of what worlds would look like if they had all sorts of popular game/graphic suggestions implemented and tons of smileys running around. They were up on everybodyedits.wikia.com as their own articles for quite a while, but must have been removed as part of general wiki cleanup. These were both before the MrShoe era.

One was named "EE Lava Land" or something. Most of the solid blocks were just above lava, which cast a translucent orange gradient. There were health bars on some random smileys, and arrows that were presumably only activated once you collected enough yellow coins. To the left of the image was what looked like a hookjump, but could be easily bypassed:
kp4
The image was wider than it was tall. Most if not all of the smilies were custom. This was before lava was implemented for real.

The other was named "Everybody Edits Wikia Watercooler", to trick people into going there when they wanted the actual forum watercooler. (Wikia includes a built-in forum for every site created with it. It did back then, anyway.) It was a pretty tall image, and not very wide. Most smilies were custom, as with the previous one. The image got darker closer to the bottom, basically a transparent-to-black gradient applied over the whole image. From what I can remember, there were blocks that produced a coin when you hit the underside of it, portals with colors other than light-blue, and a speaker block that produced a speech bubble message when you hit it from below. Near the bottom was this kind of structure:
kp5

The last one was a video rather than an image. I'm not sure where I found it, it might have been on this forums or just buried deep in YouTube somewhere. It was a mockup for an Everybody Edits RPG, which still functioned like a platformer but you had to collect beta blocks to place in mid-air in order to get past certain segments. There were also enemies that you fought with some weapon, I'm guessing a sword. The beta blocks were found in chests, which might have used the old chest graphics from the Pirate block pack, and they all had to be placed in 2x2 areas, like this:
kp6
I think this was before MrShoe as well.

If you know where to find these mockups now, or remember any of them at all (helps to prove that I'm not crazy) feel free to reply.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#2 2018-08-05 18:26:45

Guest.

Re: Looking for some very old EE mockups

>wikia

#3 2018-08-05 20:03:56

some woman

Jet wrote:

>wikia

Wikia.
I only used the ee wikia over the actual wiki because, at the time, I thought it was more expansive.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#4 2018-08-06 17:16:15

Minimania
Moderation Team

The wikia looks and feels more like something that would be official for EE, in both the theme and the feel. The only thing it is lacking in is quality of writing, and that could be easily fixed.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Minimania1533572175718381

Board footer