Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-02 18:33:38

Anatoly

Let Bruce NPC be able to "look at you".

WThuIMz.png

It's just the same bruce, but his eyes are rotated (actually the entire body) to the left. If I stay to his right side id like to be able to see him looking at me.

#2 2018-09-02 18:54:13

Guest.

Re: Let Bruce NPC be able to "look at you".

no

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-09-02 19:14:10

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Jet wrote:

no

I actually think it would be nice if NPCs could change their look direction depending on player position
Care to explain why "no"?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2018-09-02 19:17:28

Guest.

TaskManager wrote:
Jet wrote:

no

I actually think it would be nice if NPCs could change their look direction depending on player position

pretty much every single npc is the same on both sides. we do not need this

Wooted by:

#5 2018-09-02 19:18:00

Vitalijus
Website

Jet wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Jet wrote:

no

This explains nothing.

wn7I7Oa.png

#6 2018-09-02 19:19:24

Different55
Forum Admin

Every NPC except Bruce, which is why this is the most important suggestion to ever be posted. On top of this I'd suggest the Bruce smiley changing its direction based on which way you're moving

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#7 2018-09-02 19:37:31

Guest.

Vitalijus wrote:
Jet wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Jet wrote:

no

This explains nothing.

unknown.pngsorry what was that?

Wooted by:

#8 2018-09-02 19:44:09

Vitalijus
Website

Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:
Jet wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Jet wrote:

no

This explains nothing.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … n.pngsorry what was that?

We get it that pretty much every single npc is same on the both sides, but we are talking ONLY about Bruce here, so what does every other npc have to do here? Also "we do not need this" doesn't explain "no" from before

wn7I7Oa.png

Wooted by:

#9 2018-09-02 19:58:57

Guest.

Vitalijus wrote:

but we are talking ONLY about Bruce here

why just bruce? that would just make everything inconsistent

it's all or none

Wooted by:

#10 2018-09-02 20:06:38

Vitalijus
Website

Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

Why would you even need to rotate other NPCs? As you yourself have said they are the same on the both sides lol

wn7I7Oa.png

#11 2018-09-02 20:43:31

Guest.

Vitalijus wrote:
Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

Why would you even need to rotate other NPCs? As you yourself have said they are the same on the both sides lol

Jet wrote:

Wooted by:

#12 2018-09-02 20:47:01

Trytu

Jet wrote:

it's all or none

so why platinium big spender is the only animated smilley?

it's all or none!?

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#13 2018-09-02 21:06:19

Jorc

then make bruce smiley look other way, admins will do something about it.

if that bruce npc looking other way, that is

#14 2018-09-02 21:28:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

Because Bruce is a special NPC lol. It's only obtainable through magic coins and you can only ever have 1. It makes sense that it would have an extra special part to its animation.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2018-09-02 21:50:07

Guest.

mutantdevle wrote:
Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

Because Bruce is a special NPC lol. It's only obtainable through magic coins and you can only ever have 1. It makes sense that it would have an extra special part to its animation.

thanks for being the only one here to provide a competent answer instead of the “SO WHAT” card

#16 2018-09-02 22:28:03

Raphe9000

I think the feature is cool and would be a neat addition, but I don't know if I necessarily want it implemented tbh. What Jet said about consistency still stands because now we have a single entity that follows you and flips itself depending on where you are.

#17 2018-09-03 07:16:51, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-03 07:17:59)

azurepudding

Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

because flipping the others wouldn't change their appearance.  so having every NPC flip, or just having Bruce flip, the effects will appear literally the same.

if it's easier to code all of them flipping, then they should go at it.  but i don't see how this is a point against flipping bruce.  consistency for the sake of consistency is like realism for the sake of realism in games, it typically harms more than benefits.  if we wanted EE even more consistent, we wouldn't have any smileys wider or taller than 16 pixels.  pinwheel and spiral auras would not spin, because consistency.  it is good to have some sense of order, but if you overdo it, you start taking away fun or interesting things for this bad reason.  and with NPCs looking the same when they flip, the argument for consistency makes no sense.  whether they flip or not, they will be the same.  you can calm your jets there- no consistency ruined with either option.

Jet wrote:

thanks for being the only one here to provide a competent answer instead of the “SO WHAT” card

Jet wrote:

no

hmmm.

Azure2.png

#18 2018-09-03 11:08:58

Anatoly

Guys you're mistaking a point

"all or none"

> "all, none or special".

Bruce is special magic NPC. Platinum Big Spender is special smiley (only donating).

Specials are exceptions!!!

#19 2018-09-03 14:21:19

Guest.

azurepudding wrote:
Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

because flipping the others wouldn't change their appearance.  so having every NPC flip, or just having Bruce flip, the effects will appear literally the same.

if it's easier to code all of them flipping, then they should go at it.  but i don't see how this is a point against flipping bruce.  consistency for the sake of consistency is like realism for the sake of realism in games, it typically harms more than benefits.  if we wanted EE even more consistent, we wouldn't have any smileys wider or taller than 16 pixels.  pinwheel and spiral auras would not spin, because consistency.  it is good to have some sense of order, but if you overdo it, you start taking away fun or interesting things for this bad reason.  and with NPCs looking the same when they flip, the argument for consistency makes no sense.  whether they flip or not, they will be the same.  you can calm your jets there- no consistency ruined with either option.

Jet wrote:

Jet wrote:

no

hmmm.

you must be lost

“no” =/= so what

i explained why

#20 2018-09-03 15:28:05

Raphe9000

To be fair, "no" is the second best thing to a disagree button, especially since a woot button (at least in suggestions) is an agree button.

Wooted by:

#21 2018-09-03 18:59:43

Anatoly

Guys let's stop all the dramatic.

OP (Pro - Suggestion): 11 woots (+ 1 poster)
Jet (Anti - Suggestion): 1 woot (+ 1 poster)

12 : 2

we won.

But we this won't be added due to one reason:

• EE Staff

Wooted by:

#22 2018-09-03 19:23:18

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Yes, there should be no discussion about your suggestion simply because your post has more woots than someone else's.

None shall be allowed to talk about their beliefs, practical and technical reasons for this to not be implemented, simply because more users want it than those who don't want it.

What about you stop interrupting such conversations? Doing so will make you and your suggestion disliked even more by those who already dislike.

Regarding the suggestion, personally the Bruce NPC is literally the one that would look the weirdest if it changes it's direction depending on where you are. This could be implemented to the rest of NPCs, there's no reason to keep it special, specially for a NPC on which the rotation would look bad.

Wooted by: (3)

#23 2018-09-03 20:56:54

Luka504

Raphe9000 wrote:

To be fair, "no" is the second best thing to a disagree button, especially since a woot button (at least in suggestions) is an agree button.

I don't think that's fair, since when you agree with something, it's self explanatory. "I agree with what this person said, we share the same belief and opinion on this issue"
But, when you disagree with something, it's not so easy since you can disagree with someone for multiple reasons. You should at the very least explain why you disagree with something since it's impossible for others to know why you disagreed.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#24 2018-09-03 21:13:37, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-03 21:14:32)

azurepudding

Jet wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Jet wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

it's all or none

Jet wrote:

Jet wrote:

no

hmmm.

you must be lost

“no” =/= so what

i explained why

it doesn't mean that, and if you meant that you coulda said that.  i know exactly where I am, and I caught you good.

you later explained why but you still posted a reason-free post.  and I countered your later listed reason and still waiting.

Azure2.png

#25 2018-09-03 22:18:27

Guest.

“i caught you good” explains your intentions enough here

honestly **** off before this becomes a quote tower

Wooted by: (3)
Anatoly1536072640723191

Board footer