Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-09 15:25:36

capasha

Re: Everybody Edits leak sensitive information.

MWstudios wrote:
capasha wrote:

By knowing which friend i have, people could search on duckduckgo.

I dislike Duckduckgo because when I was installing something some time ago, I got a Duckduckgo toolbar along with it and I couldn't get rid of it
So nowadays I compare it to Ask or MyWay

What have duckduckgo to do, with installing worthless programs that adds bloatware?
Duckduckgo and startpage is the best one for my privacy.

#27 2019-04-09 17:31:34

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

capasha wrote:

Getting peoples friends without be friend with them is now patched. Thanks to xenonetix and the team.

You saved us

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

rat

#28 2019-04-09 18:35:08

capasha

mrjawapa wrote:
capasha wrote:

Getting peoples friends without be friend with them is now patched. Thanks to xenonetix and the team.

You saved us

What is your problem? Not everyone is like you and other people in this thread. That love to spread your information to everyone.

#29 2019-04-10 23:22:37, last edited by mrjawapa (2019-04-10 23:22:44)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

capasha wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
capasha wrote:

You saved us

What is your problem? Not everyone is like you and other people in this thread. That love to spread your information to everyone.

I don't have a problem. I just don't understand why this is an issue. What does it matter?

Discord: jawp#5123

#30 2019-04-10 23:50:20

XxAtillaxX

mrjawapa wrote:

I don't have a problem. I just don't understand why this is an issue. What does it matter?

It's a matter of privacy and the fact that nobody was given any notice that their friends list could be accessed by anyone for any reason.

I'll give you an example of a very common attack vector for obtaining personal information.

The email addresses of the users who were leaked, many of them are paired with, for example, a Facebook account, Skype account or any service that may have their real name.

If they are friends with multiple users with the same surname, you can look through their friends on Facebook if their profile is public - most are. Alternatively, if the user you are targeting has their first name in their email or disclosed anywhere, like within the private mails which were also leaked, you can look through their friends and see if there's any matching people with their first name.

The vast majority of people have less than 80 friends, the odds of having two people with the same first name are pretty small.

I've used this technique before to find personal information on people, it's very simple and if their friends list weren't public, there'd be less of a chance that I'd be able to find out who their friends are, especially if they only use that alias for Everybody Edits.

It matters. Privacy matters. It may not matter to you, it may not affect you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. If it has the possibility of personally identifying them, directly or indirectly, they should have the option to opt out. In this instance, they could not opt out as they give no prior consent nor had any knowledge of the information within the previously private table being accessible due to them changing the table to public.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#31 2019-04-11 06:46:00

peace

XxAtillaxX wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

It's a matter of privacy and the fact that nobody was given any notice that their friends list could be accessed by anyone for any reason.

I'll give you an example of a very common attack vector for obtaining personal information.

The email addresses of the users who were leaked, many of them are paired with, for example, a Facebook account, Skype account or any service that may have their real name.

If they are friends with multiple users with the same surname, you can look through their friends on Facebook if their profile is public - most are. Alternatively, if the user you are targeting has their first name in their email or disclosed anywhere, like within the private mails which were also leaked, you can look through their friends and see if there's any matching people with their first name.

The vast majority of people have less than 80 friends, the odds of having two people with the same first name are pretty small.

I've used this technique before to find personal information on people, it's very simple and if their friends list weren't public, there'd be less of a chance that I'd be able to find out who their friends are, especially if they only use that alias for Everybody Edits.

It matters. Privacy matters. It may not matter to you, it may not affect you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. If it has the possibility of personally identifying them, directly or indirectly, they should have the option to opt out. In this instance, they could not opt out as they give no prior consent nor had any knowledge of the information within the previously private table being accessible due to them changing the table to public.

how can you do such a thing form some firned on an sandbox platformer where in most cases you don tknow 99% of thes epersons in real life if no t100%

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1554961560745591

Board footer