Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-28 05:40:35

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm confused about EE archives and stuff

As you probably know, EE is transitioning into EE Universe and worlds will not be brought over. Most worlds are probably safe since worlds can be downloaded locally, and at least two well-known users (LukeM and Atilla) familiar with the game's code have reported that they have downloaded a copy of every world.

To date, Raphe900's Everybody Edits Offline World Archive of around worlds is the only archive available to the community that I know of. The other users I mentioned are active on a certain EE Discord server, but it's simply not reasonable to expect users to join and dig through the server history to find out about it. It's really hard to find info about a complete archive. It seems like there's no organization or communication with the general community so here's a topic for that.

So...do any of you besides LukeM and Atilla have their own world archives? To anybody who is, are other objects like users and crews being saved too? Are objects just saved in weird formats like .eelvl and PlayerIO's strange object system, or do they also have more accessible file types like JSON? How does it address the guidelines for a world archive? Are people who already saved every single world going to do it again right before the game goes down? Is any of this stuff going to be public anytime soon?? Is there a super secret archiving club I don't know about?? Am I asking too many questions????

Really, is there something I'm missing here? Because I have been waiting months for something to happen and from what i know of nobody has asked these questions on the forums and it seems weird that only Raphe9000 got slightly close to addressing this weird silence.

It's great to know our worlds will be safe. To be clear, I want to know who has archives, what details the archives save, and when we will be able to see any of this. Thank you for the efforts spent preserving this game; it means a lot to me.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2019-07-28 09:45:12

peace

Re: I'm confused about EE archives and stuff

ive thinked about world caryover and months ago i wanted to het some worlds carried over such as an RP world i had wiht a firend i dont see much nowadays btu i began to think that this isnt reasonable the world is ncie btu will NEVER look the same so i htougth what if i coudl get to see my worlds and upon CB release and when i got my invite i will use the first exoistign EEU blcoks and hopefully wiht some sort of sign/NPC/textblock i can sorta copy/pate the world manualy okaceing structures wiht the basic/brickblocks and palcing signs to tell what they mean so late r when more blocks are added i can build the level porperly

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2019-07-28 12:48:28

LukeM
Website

Not sure if the later questions were also targeted at me, but my exports are full database exports (including users, crews, worlds, metadata, etc) in PlayerIO's slightly invalid JSON format, I just have a program that converts these to .eelvl files.

We currently have plans to make these exports public if we don't manage to fix the EE security problems before EEU, but I'm not sure what format the public files will be in.

Wooted by:

#4 2019-07-28 12:53:25

peace

LukeM wrote:

Not sure if the later questions were also targeted at me, but my exports are full database exports (including users, crews, worlds, metadata, etc) in PlayerIO's slightly invalid JSON format, I just have a program that converts these to .eelvl files.

We currently have plans to make these exports public if we don't manage to fix the EE security problems before EEU, but I'm not sure what format the public files will be in.

isn **** psossible to convet the EE worlds to an EEO webbased (you just log into your EE acc to get acces to your worlds and downloaded worlds (insert world ID to go to the world ofc all is ofline mode))

peace.png

#5 2019-07-28 14:55:58

Raphe9000

Due to computer issues, the only worlds I still have are the ones I uploaded to Mediafire, and there's no hope of expanding the list beyond the 600 I got it to now that Everybody Edits is down. Whilst 600 is a good jumping-off point, it's still only a fraction of EE levels. The list is supposed to be slightly curated as to not let garbage in attempt to give someone a somewhat good world no matter what they click on, issues arise when you realize that there are a lot more than 600 good worlds and a lot more worlds that people want despite the flaws. I haven't seen any other curated lists either, and I don't know how hard it would be to sift through a huge archive to find every good world. That being said, we should have lists at the top of game discussion ASAP since those will be the only ways to truly get anything out of EEO when/if it comes out. I simply cannot create anything curated belong what I have done, so I highly recommend whoever has any curated worlds to join this discussion and upload anything they have. After all, a full archive will be too much for most people and should really be given alongside a curated one. This may be rectified by a list of great worlds, but that brings so much more into play. You're right though; the silence has been very concerning even to me. This really should have been handled months ago, but here we are now.

Wooted by:

#6 2019-07-28 16:28:04

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

Due to computer issues, the only worlds I still have are the ones I uploaded to Mediafire, and there's no hope of expanding the list beyond the 600 I got it to now that Everybody Edits is down. Whilst 600 is a good jumping-off point, it's still only a fraction of EE levels. The list is supposed to be slightly curated as to not let garbage in attempt to give someone a somewhat good world no matter what they click on, issues arise when you realize that there are a lot more than 600 good worlds and a lot more worlds that people want despite the flaws. I haven't seen any other curated lists either, and I don't know how hard it would be to sift through a huge archive to find every good world. That being said, we should have lists at the top of game discussion ASAP since those will be the only ways to truly get anything out of EEO when/if it comes out. I simply cannot create anything curated belong what I have done, so I highly recommend whoever has any curated worlds to join this discussion and upload anything they have. After all, a full archive will be too much for most people and should really be given alongside a curated one. This may be rectified by a list of great worlds, but that brings so much more into play. You're right though; the silence has been very concerning even to me. This really should have been handled months ago, but here we are now.

If the exports go public, I should be able to find all of my favorited (...and crew) worlds for a reasonably long list

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#7 2019-10-03 05:33:58

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

To staff and any others who have archived all worlds, I'm still wondering, what's going on here? When can we expect to have access to a world archive?

The Staff have posted nothing about EEO since July, even when their speculated August deadline for EEO passed a while ago. The whole situation seems more bizarrely silent than ever before.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#8 2019-10-03 07:26:35

peace

how long will EE stay open after CB/OB

peace.png

#9 2019-10-03 14:50:53

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

N1KF wrote:

To staff and any others who have archived all worlds, I'm still wondering, what's going on here? When can we expect to have access to a world archive?

The Staff have posted nothing about EEO since July, even when their speculated August deadline for EEO passed a while ago. The whole situation seems more bizarrely silent than ever before.

Sadly, Cercul1 had broken his arm, so EEO was basically put entirely on hold while he healed up. He should be back to working on it soon.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#10 2019-10-03 16:35:04

Snowester

Didn't he broke his arm 3 to 4 months ago? Shouldn't that be healed by 3 months so basically a month ago.

Wooted by:

#11 2019-10-03 16:39:58

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Growler wrote:

Didn't he broke his arm 3 to 4 months ago? Shouldn't that be healed by 3 months so basically a month ago.

Maybe he broke the other one now
You should test it yourself

tbh one can still type with 1 arm, so I don't see it as enough of an excuse to stop working on the offline version

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-10-03 17:32:47

XxAtillaxX

TaskManager wrote:
Growler wrote:

Maybe he broke the other one now
You should test it yourself

tbh one can still type with 1 arm, so I don't see it as enough of an excuse to stop working on the offline version

I'm sure his mom could help him in many ways.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#13 2019-12-27 23:34:37

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

LukeM wrote:

Alright, the security issues seem to have been fixed several months ago, or at least enough to keep the servers online, so those plans aren't coming. Months have passed, so surely you or other staff members have other plans to tell us about, right? I might sound kind of aggressive here but even after I've gone more inactive, I'm getting quite bothered that not even the staff are speaking up about this.

Thinking more about this, I'm interested in this program that converts database objects to eelvl files. How are the block byte arrays stored? Are they stored as text alongside the rest of the text you get from BigDB, or as some other kind of data? Please consider sharing a download link or more info for this program. I'm not sure how hard it would be for me to use but I'm quite curious about that.

Xenonetix wrote:

Sadly, Cercul1 had broken his arm, so EEO was basically put entirely on hold while he healed up. He should be back to working on it soon.

Have you considered getting another developer to work on it if it's taking so long? I've been working on an a JavaScript EE clone some of the time and I might have it done sooner than EEO at this rate.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#14 2019-12-28 13:10:32

capasha

N1KF wrote:

Thinking more about this, I'm interested in this program that converts database objects to eelvl files. How are the block byte arrays stored? Are they stored as text alongside the rest of the text you get from BigDB, or as some other kind of data? Please consider sharing a download link or more info for this program. I'm not sure how hard it would be for me to use but I'm quite curious about that.

Here is a tool that convert from eelvl and to eelvl, https://gitlab.com/LukeM212/EELVL/tree/master

#15 2019-12-28 13:41:44, last edited by LukeM (2019-12-28 13:43:49)

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Alright, the security issues seem to have been fixed several months ago, or at least enough to keep the servers online, so those plans aren't coming. Months have passed, so surely you or other staff members have other plans to tell us about, right? I might sound kind of aggressive here but even after I've gone more inactive, I'm getting quite bothered that not even the staff are speaking up about this.

Xenonetix wrote:

Have you considered getting another developer to work on it if it's taking so long? I've been working on an a JavaScript EE clone some of the time and I might have it done sooner than EEO at this rate.

Similar plans may still be coming, they're just not as time constrained anymore as if you want to look up a world you can just look it up in EE. If we were to host the archive it wouldn't need to be until EE went offline (or maybe shortly beforehand).

As for the program I used, it worked directly on a database export (which isn't publicly available) so I didn't need to download everything individually, it was basically just a conversion from the weird PlayerIO export format (a single 50GB JSON file) to an iterator of 'Level's, which were then converted to EELVL files using the EELVL library as Capasha said. (https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=45783)

TBH I'm not really sure what's been happening with Cercul, I think Xeno might have been in contact with him but I haven't spoken to him in a while, so you'll have to wait for him to fiil in the details.

#16 2019-12-28 14:14:35

AllenCaspe9510
Website

LukeM wrote:

TBH I'm not really sure what's been happening with Cercul, I think Xeno might have been in contact with him but I haven't spoken to him in a while, so you'll have to wait for him to fiil in the details.

I hope he's okay...

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

AllenCaspe95101577538875770940

Board footer