Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-18 23:49:14, last edited by Joeyjoey65 (2019-10-18 23:57:17)

Joeyjoey65

My EEU Review/My Opinion (In Beta)

I don't care if this is going to be confidential in some sort of way, but my god I need to get this out cause this game really needs help otherwise it's going to end up like club penguin island. I know it's in beta but still, these are things you need to improve in my opinion badly.

This topic mainly covers the physics. Enjoy!

Physics
Smiley Review
Block Review

hey, thanks for listening to my review. I'm just surprised none of this was brought up during alpha before this was released to us

Hopes in eeu beta and what to expect

#2 2019-10-19 00:43:55

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: My EEU Review/My Opinion (In Beta)

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

Smiley Review

SMILEY FACE PANCAKE

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

rat

#3 2019-10-19 02:17:58

skullz17

I agree, the physics change means that the way we are used to making levels in EE does not translate that well to EEU. It also doesn't really feel that nice to control your smiley compared to EE. It could be that I'm just used to EE physics, so EEU physics feels awkward as they are pretty similar apart from small differences. But I think the fact that it takes longer to slow down when you are moving fast (pretty much feels like ice) is objectively bad for minis that require speed control or precise movement. This type of motion should probably give the feeling that the smiley is heavy, but the smiley actually feels pretty light (like in EE) in every other situation, so you just get this uncomfortable feeling due to the inconsistency, because your smiley suddenly doesn't move how you expect it to at high speeds.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#4 2019-10-19 02:47:20

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

I agree with your review about the physics, disagree with the smiley review though, the smileys are good.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

rat

#5 2019-10-19 03:49:38

Joeyjoey65

ZeldaXD wrote:

I agree with your review about the physics, disagree with the smiley review though, the smileys are good.

They're definitely better than ee smiley, they just didn't spark for me

#6 2019-10-19 06:36:04

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

Joeyjoey65 wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

They're definitely better than ee smiley, they just didn't spark for me

Physics aren't going to be the same, that's a given seeing how they said they would be changing them, and I think its fine if they aren't the same as EE because EEU isn't suppose to be the same as EE
I do agree that they could use a little touch up here and there but overall I think the game is pretty smooth and something your obviously going to have to get used to overtime, Physic changes **** up your muscle memory, so yeah you might fall a lot more then you would before, you fix that overtime

In my opinion the smileys have more depth and color then the ones on EE and that's a good thing, also reminder you are only seeing 6 and that doesn't include the customizer (Which im not too pleased about but I guess we'll see what happens)

The blocks are really nice I agree with that, but we do need to remember its closed beta and things are obviously subject to change based on (hopefully) the communities approval seeing how that's what betas for. Either way I personally think it's a step in the right direction and my expectations were way lower then what they are after playing.

Wooted by:

#7 2019-10-19 10:08:33

peace

some pysics are really imporved imo lets strt wiht hoolding space its a good imporvement but i agree its sometimes annoyign you held it for 0.01 se ctoo long when jumping form aan arrow wal to another and insatntly jumping off speed seems ok for th ebeta coudl get nerfed a tiny bit but not too much jumping ssmes to be a little lower somwhere arouxdn ~4.7 blcoks instead of ~4.9999 in EE falling seems to be lower aswell (you can hover now on 2 arrows only instead of requiring 3 in EE thats noti necresary bad it gives new possebilitys) auto alogin not implemented (yet?) isnt bad someitmes auto alging was a little **** to me in EE enew pysics make new possebility's sand some pyscis in EE were ****

smileys are ok for now im waitin gfor the accesoires to be added

blocks: im waitnig for more blocks //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2019-10-19 11:48:21

Gosha

i movement hacked eeu in 2-3 minutes after opening devtools
good luck with hackers y'all

#9 2019-10-19 16:23:05

Charlie59876EE

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

Third why are you able to jump 4.5 something blocks but can only fall 2.8 somewhere around that. It just doesn't feel right to me, minis that were actually enjoyable become a chore in eeu which I'd like to bring back having to be bigger than they should be.

You can fall infinite hight? there's no fall damage? what are you on about

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

#10 2019-10-19 20:35:18

bunglybongle

l7yH3PT.png

#11 2019-10-19 20:57:29

XxAtillaxX

Gosha wrote:

i movement hacked eeu in 2-3 minutes after opening devtools
good luck with hackers y'all

just you wait until they ninjaencrypt the packets

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#12 2019-10-19 21:20:05

peace

they look good your face looks really bad change my mind

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#13 2019-10-19 21:23:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:

they look good your face looks really bad change my mind

you know some serious **** is boutta happen when peace didnt make a single typo in his post while attacking you

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#14 2019-10-19 22:15:30

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Seeing comprehensive text besides Peace’s avatar is a really odd feeling. It’s like i’ve suddenly got to change the "Peace-voice" i narrate inside me to a completely different sounding individual.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#15 2019-10-21 06:43:34, last edited by Gosha (2019-10-21 06:49:43)

Gosha

I am not sure about Josh, but I think I know the level of luke's skill in programming
I am sure he could make eeu in shorter period of time and better. This is only speculation, but maybe the eeu is delayed so much because no one has got motivation and desire to do it and it became more like a chore than a passionate work.

Sadly, I didn't like eeu much. It is my honest opinion, but it seems like a cheap rip-off of the main game. This is a sad thing to realize, but if eeu was like nobodyedits, I would be hundreds of times happier about this situation. And it's not entirely because of graphics and physics. Playing nobodyedits feels fresh, interactive. The addition of particles makes the game feel alive. Eeu on the other hand feels like quickly made platformer with avarage physics. I think the problem is they've spent hours of planning, and fraction of that on implementing  plans.

Gosha1571636614765247

Board footer