Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-04-19 11:02:39

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Re: I'm just not enjoying this anymore

N1KF wrote:

Cercul1 is missing in action which just leaves ByteArray to work on EEU, and no staff members left to program EEO.

I couldn't possibly imagine how stressful that must be for him. I don't really expect Criobite (Joshua) to be on the staff team for much longer if the situation gets any worse. If Xenonetix really wants the game to continue moving forward with development, then he really needs to find more staff members to lighten Criobite's load.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by: (2)

#52 2020-04-19 11:07:24

Kira

Once again Xenonetix decides to ignore the drama centered around him.

ipfAK7A0SpuI9dOXs4x5Ug.png

Wooted by:

#53 2020-04-19 11:57:35, last edited by Lictor666 (2020-04-19 11:59:49)

Lictor666

Xeno wrote:

Lbigbia.png

(^ i laught so hard when i realized it was actually xeno who posted this)

https://i.imgur.com/R9TcltX.mp4

idk how to mp4

Wooted by: (5)

#54 2020-04-19 12:27:40, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-04-19 12:35:24)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

need to agree wih toma here w eonly se a few picturees of the staf discord for exmaple yet jump in so fast

Excuse me, what pictures?

LukeM has shown NO pictures here, what are you talking about?

Also, Toma was not defending xeno, so peace when will you realize the truth that xeno is on the wrong?

Hey, on the other side, xeno has shown dev team and some other pictures only. It is also a few, and one of them even shows how xeno avoids to answer LukeM's question, yet you quickly jump in the side of 'Xeno is right and everyone else is wrong?'

Xeno also has lied about him saying that uni is important than EE. He has in fact told LukeM that EE is more important than university.
I just wonder how far can xeno get.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#55 2020-04-19 13:28:42

Nou

I've been away from the EE community for a long time, and of course nothing has changed. I don't think the word "community" applies here anymore. A community is a positive term, but all of this is nothing but a toxic bubble. No-one seems to understand this is nothing like real life, while, sadly, it does deal with real people with real feelings.None of this is normal. The fact that a lot of you still use the nomenclature of "staff" and especially, "owner", just shows how much of a bubble this is. None of this is how an actual business is run.

Why are you all still here? These "discussions" aren't normal. In the real world you talk to someone in person, and settle matters privately. You both try to work things out and strive to get the best out of each other. All of this is just public mud-throwing under the guise of "transparency".

Xenonetix wrote:

He wasn't keeping me informed, so I wasn't keeping him informed. He claims I was purposefully keeping things from "all staff", which is entirely untrue. I was purposely keeping things from him, and he knows it was personal, and it was specifically him I was keeping things from, and that's where he had an issue. ~ Xenonetix ~

This isn't normal. A real business doesn't withhold information from their colleagues because of some petty personal bs.

So, again, why are you all still here? Even the phase where people stay because a train wreck can be enjoyable to watch has been stretched to the point of near-singularity. Everyone knows this toxicity is beyond the point of repair.

It's time to pull the plug.

No u.

#56 2020-04-19 14:01:28

peace

Kira wrote:

Once again Xenonetix decides to ignore the drama centered around him.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/ipfAK7A0 … s4x5Ug.png

did he? he made a long **** post here just if you havent seen it

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
peace wrote:

need to agree wih toma here w eonly se a few picturees of the staf discord for exmaple yet jump in so fast

Also, Toma was not defending xeno, so peace when will you realize the truth that xeno is on the wrong?

Hey, on the other side, xeno has shown dev team and some other pictures only. It is also a few, and one of them even shows how xeno avoids to answer LukeM's question, yet you quickly jump in the side of 'Xeno is right and everyone else is wrong?'

Xeno also has lied about him saying that uni is important than EE. He has in fact told LukeM that EE is more important than university.

alos we dittn get to see the full staff discord we only know tiny bbits of information so we make conclusion on 50% information

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#57 2020-04-19 14:02:41

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:
peace wrote:

alos we dittn get to see the full staff discord we only know tiny bbits of information so we make conclusion on 50% information

yea but you again are still siding with xeno without knowing full information. checkmate.

she/her

#58 2020-04-19 14:04:10

peace

no im not

peace.png

#59 2020-04-19 14:06:50

frostflare

Nou wrote:

I've been away from the EE community for a long time, and of course nothing has changed. I don't think the word "community" applies here anymore. A community is a positive term, but all of this is nothing but a toxic bubble. No-one seems to understand this is nothing like real life, while, sadly, it does deal with real people with real feelings.None of this is normal. The fact that a lot of you still use the nomenclature of "staff" and especially, "owner", just shows how much of a bubble this is. None of this is how an actual business is run.

Why are you all still here? These "discussions" aren't normal. In the real world you talk to someone in person, and settle matters privately. You both try to work things out and strive to get the best out of each other. All of this is just public mud-throwing under the guise of "transparency".

Xenonetix wrote:

He wasn't keeping me informed, so I wasn't keeping him informed. He claims I was purposefully keeping things from "all staff", which is entirely untrue. I was purposely keeping things from him, and he knows it was personal, and it was specifically him I was keeping things from, and that's where he had an issue. ~ Xenonetix ~

This isn't normal. A real business doesn't withhold information from their colleagues because of some petty personal bs.

So, again, why are you all still here? Even the phase where people stay because a train wreck can be enjoyable to watch has been stretched to the point of near-singularity. Everyone knows this toxicity is beyond the point of repair.

I guess to answer the question as to why we're all still here? I may not be able to answer for others, but for myself? I'm still here because despite everything that's happen? I still enjoy playing Everybody Edits. And wish it to be a success. But honestly at this point? Even though nothing is impossible. It won't happen until the current site owner is willing to come off his high horse and admit he is wrong and sees the fact he needs to change.

Wooted by: (7)

#60 2020-04-19 14:07:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

no im not

conclusion: you are because you've been nitpicking everything that is against xeno, and support arguments that support xeno even though they're completely ****.

anyway this is childish so admit it already peace.

continuing on this topic is just useless, we know xeno wont change a single bit.

she/her

#61 2020-04-19 14:40:10

peace

hey diff can you add a drama subforum where all these drama topics get moved into to?

peace.png

Wooted by:

#62 2020-04-19 14:42:50

ASDruska

peace wrote:

hey diff can you add a drama subforum where all these drama topics get moved into to?

peace, respectfully. no
sincerely, random forum dweler

cringe ^
based v

#63 2020-04-19 14:47:48, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-04-19 14:51:07)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

but this isnt drama.

this is a serious issue about lukem leaving the team, and how xeno is wrong.

you cant classify them as drama just because you support xeno, everyone NEEDS to see this.

if every complaint about xeno = drama, i believe eventually no one would want to point out xeno's problems because it'll be classifed as drama, causing trouble or whatever.

this is not okay.

and furthermore you're just implying that topics like THIS do not contribute to the game, 'drama' is just a name for you, in reality you see them as trash.
this contributes to the game. it helps more people realize how ridiculous xeno is, we need him to get off the owner spot.

she/her

#64 2020-04-19 15:59:22

peace

boss: hey harry can you do some research on this?
harry: okay ill work on this all alone i can do this
harry: *starts learnign stuff*
harry: boss iif i wokr fulltime this coudl be done in about a month or 2
harry but sinc ei have school and stuff i cant work fulltime  so expect a bit longer
boss: okay
*5 months later*
boss: hey harryhows it goign can oyu tell me something hwo far oyu are?
harry: *doesnt shwo progress*
*3 moths later*
boss: i think its maby better to let someone help you
harry: no not needed the time i need to give the new dev my infrmation take slonger then i cna finihs this
boss: hmmh
*3 months later*
boss: harry how far are oyu wiht the research i want to impleemnt this and this but we need the research
boss: oh btw can you implement portals ini t emena time quickly and thne get back to do thr research?
harry: ok ill add portals
harry *adds portals and goe son collecting a few feedback*
boss: oka good neough but we dont need feedback yet we need the research done first
harry: *ignores boss and goe son collectign feedback fo rnaohther 2 weeks he coudl epend on research*
boss: *witholds osm einformation fomr harry alone*
harry: *reads some plans th emoemnnt theyre poste don forums*
harry: boss why are oyu witholding ifnromation from me?
boss: *ignores*
*2 months later*
harry: i'll leave
boss: good youre fired

peace.png

#65 2020-04-19 16:26:27

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

harry but sinc ei have school and stuff i cant work fulltime  so expect a bit longer
*5 months later*
*3 moths later*
harry: no not needed the time i need to give the new dev my infrmation take slonger then i cna finihs this
*3 months later*
boss: harry how far are oyu wiht the research i want to impleemnt this and this but we need the research
boss: oh btw can you implement portals ini t emena time quickly and thne get back to do thr research?
boss: oka good neough but we dont need feedback yet we need the research done first
harry: *ignores boss and goe son collectign feedback fo rnaohther 2 weeks he coudl epend on research*
*2 months later*

Oh, putting the blame on LukeM now huh.
You know if it wasn't LukeM, portals wouldn't exist in EEU.
You know he is in university, he doesn't have much time, yet you proceeds to put the blame on him.
You know how much effort LukeM has paid into the game, yet you act like it's nothing at all.

What is with your reaction in page 1, saying you'll miss him? Now you suddenly put the blame on him? Wth?

I never knew that someone could be as ridiculous as Xenonetix.

Seeing what you've just said, I have no doubts that you've been siding with xeno, it's a shame that you continue to lie. But let's ignore that for now.

It is Xenonetix, who makes LukeM loses interest in developing EEU. Sure LukeM is slow, and that's because he is in university. But xeno doesn't give a **** about that and proceeds to say that EE is more important than university. You really expect LukeM would enjoy working in an environment like that? I'd said that LukeM's slow progress is ALSO because of Xeno giving him pressure, making the job WAY LESS enjoyable than it used to be.
I'm pretty sure you, once again, ignored LukeM's post, and only read Xeno's post and assumed everything Xeno said is correct, and LukeM is wrong, despite Xenonetix lied about one thing in it.

Xenonetix clearly withholds information from LukeM because he defended Gosha in the past, he does NOT trust LukeM. And he also re-hired LukeM just because of Joshua, and to save his face. You really thought xeno wanted LukeM to be in the team? Of course not. Stop trying to mislead people with your story which completely is far away from what happened.

Now LukeM left, Xeno can say as much false **** about LukeM as he wants, as xeno fanboys like you would 100% trust him, even if he's playing the victim every single time. In reality, LukeM is the victim. I believe that without LukeM, EEU wouldn't even exist. Yet you guys keep praising xeno, and keeps putting the blame on LukeM. What kind of nonsense is this?

she/her

Wooted by:

#66 2020-04-19 16:35:48

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Nou wrote:

But this time, it will be different...

Discord: jawp#5123

#67 2020-04-19 17:34:56

peace

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
peace wrote:

*5 months later*
*3 moths later*
*3 months later*
*2 months later*

Oh, putting the blame on LukeM now huh.
You know if it wasn't LukeM, portals wouldn't exist in EEU.
You know he is in university, he doesn't have much time, yet you proceeds to put the blame on him.
You know how much effort LukeM has paid into the game, yet you act like it's nothing at all.

What is with your reaction in page 1, saying you'll miss him? Now you suddenly put the blame on him? Wth?

I never knew that someone could be as ridiculous as Xenonetix.

Seeing what you've just said, I have no doubts that you've been siding with xeno, it's a shame that you continue to lie. But let's ignore that for now.

It is Xenonetix, who makes LukeM loses interest in developing EEU. Sure LukeM is slow, and that's because he is in university. But xeno doesn't give a **** about that and proceeds to say that EE is more important than university. You really expect LukeM would enjoy working in an environment like that? I'd said that LukeM's slow progress is ALSO because of Xeno giving him pressure, making the job WAY LESS enjoyable than it used to be.
I'm pretty sure you, once again, ignored LukeM's post, and only read Xeno's post and assumed everything Xeno said is correct, and LukeM is wrong, despite Xenonetix lied about one thing in it.

Xenonetix clearly withholds information from LukeM because he defended Gosha in the past, he does NOT trust LukeM. And he also re-hired LukeM just because of Joshua, and to save his face. You really thought xeno wanted LukeM to be in the team? Of course not. Stop trying to mislead people with your story which completely is far away from what happened.

Now LukeM left, Xeno can say as much false **** about LukeM as he wants, as xeno fanboys like you would 100% trust him, even if he's playing the victim every single time. In reality, LukeM is the victim. I believe that without LukeM, EEU wouldn't even exist. Yet you guys keep praising xeno, and keeps putting the blame on LukeM. What kind of nonsense is this?

ahem i readed luke's first post before xeno even replied so sshhh im not putting blam eon luke at all btu tis not ENTIRELY xneo's fault afterall xeno's want the severreqwork done before flash dies and you should know why because you dont want to launch an game in open beta after jan 1st (or in closed bet apahse 2) wihtout any content and lose all your players because theyre bored as **** quickly would you? lukem clearrly told that it hsouldnt take long IF HE WORKED ON IT FULLTIME given how less time luke had you can just tirple or quadruple that time for sure so lets say if he said 2-4 weeks that could be done ins 8-16 weeks with lukes time not 8-16 months xeno also knew luke would be eaisly sdistcacte dif he knew all the plans seen in when he needed to add portals xeno only wanteds him to add them not spend an unecreasary long time collectign feedback alos if luekkenew he had not much time (which he knew) and if luek kenw it was somethign new he scouldnve started off iwht an helper or artleast let joshua help they 2 both coudl have a sepearte chat showing progress theyve made wiht eahc other and it was done in like 2 months form scratch sure josh could do othert thigns and he woudl do but in some spare tim he coudl help luke a tiny bit alteernatively xeno couldve hired a new dev right at the start of the sever rework if luke asked for it 4 hhands can do much more things then 2 hands which are also needed fo rmany freallife thinngs such as school how woudl oyu feel if oyur employeer refueses to see he cant do it alone?

peace.png

#68 2020-04-19 18:02:12, last edited by ASDruska (2020-04-19 18:05:14)

ASDruska

mrjawapa wrote:
Nou wrote:

that's what we said when xeno became owner
we probably even said that when nou and nvd became owner
i mean we're all just clowns at this point performing the same act with different costumes

2b peace is not the type of ship worth dying over
i mean think about it what do you win by having him on your side
no one listens to him regardless

cringe ^
based v

Wooted by:

#69 2020-04-19 18:06:56, last edited by Zumza (2020-04-19 18:12:13)

Zumza

mrjawapa wrote:
Nou wrote:

CONTENT WARNING

This post is a lampoon.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (4)

#70 2020-04-19 18:12:42

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ASDruska wrote:

2b peace is not the type of ship worth dying over
i mean think about it what do you win by having him on your side
no one listens to him regardless

can someone just ban peace please tbh

she/her

#71 2020-04-19 18:49:28

Luka504

Honestly, I'd say shutting down EE and EEU wouldn't be such a bad option right about now.

Is the constant drama and infighting really worth the possibility of maybe getting EEU? For me, it isn't.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#72 2020-04-19 19:08:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Nou wrote:

Xenonetix wrote:

I actually really hate posts like these. "Everything's ****, let's go home, end of story" is such a horrible mindset to have and way to view a situation in my opinion.

I don't know if I'm just naive, but I genuinely do not see this community as toxic. There seems to be this expectation that anything but perfect harmony is toxic. There are certain community members that can be toxic, sure. But the community as a whole is not. This community is comprised of people who share an interest in a game that meant a lot to them in their childhood, some of whom don't even play anymore yet stick around for the community. That's wholesome, not toxic. We're here for the memories, the nostalgia, the friendships. We're here because the game, even in its current state, matters to us. I've been in many online communities over the years. None of them has made me laugh or smile more than this one - and I'm not on about the 'drama' here. This is the only community I remain active in - I sure as hell wouldn't be if this place was toxic. Disagreeing with each other is normal. Not getting along with everyone is normal. Getting upset over something you care about is normal.

Many of us have, on numerous occasions, tried to settle matters privately - or at least in a way that generates a healthy discussion. To claim that the community doesn't attempt to do that is a completely false way to present us. For example: a while ago, because of the recent drama, there was a fairly toxic argument with Xeno in the EEU discord. However, a few us, notably myself, N1KF and Tomohawk, as well as Gosha to a certain extent, had a healthy discussion afterwards. Striving "to get the best out of each other" was very much the objective of that conversation. I certainly know I got something out of it and I'd like to think Xeno did as well. Based on our conversation, Xeno said he wanted to bring up some of the things we raised with him with the other staff members in a meeting. I suspect that led to the conversation where Luke decided to quit. We told Xeno that the way he runs the game decreases staff motivation and its thus been proven to him. It's completely out of our hands whether Xeno reflects on that to genuinely improve himself and the way he runs the game. But unfortunately, this isn't the first time we've raised issues with him that have given him an opportunity to reflect on himself and he's then failed to improve. Many people with varying levels of respect for Xeno have suggested numerous compromises for his faults but no progress is ever made because we have no real power over him.

And that's the issue. We don't have any true power. In a real business, you can withdraw funding. But there's hardly any funding to withdraw at this point. The community has indeed tried that by notably boycotting patreon and Xeno's response was to threaten bans against those responsible for the boycott. In a real business, the number of scandals Xeno has had would see him replaced but there's no one to replace him with and no one he answers to. In a real business, you can pay people off and that's definitely something we've considered and Xeno has openly stated he is up for, but no one has the amount of disposable income necessary to do such a thing to meet what Xeno is asking for. So the community has tried to go about these issues exactly the way you say we should yet it's all yielded no substantial result. You're welcoming to try settling matters privately with Xeno and achieve what many of us have failed to do. It's because Xeno does not allow these more effective methods of communication and solutions that things devolve into arguments in forum threads. As a side note, I don't even think EE should be treated as a proper business. To be honest, I don't think any game should be treated as a business but EE especially is no longer a business. It's nothing but a passion project. A passion which, if you're only checking back in with the community every time there is drama, is of course going to look like toxicity.

If anyone genuinely does not have any hope in the future of the game and doesn't care about the community, then Nou is right. Why are you here? Just leave. Nothing is stopping you. You get out of this community exactly what you put into it. If you're putting nothing into it you're gonna get nothing out of it. If you're a toxic person you're going to get into toxic arguments no matter which community you're in. But there are plenty of us that still care and still want this game to succeed and still value the fellow members of the community and that is worth sticking around for it is certainly is a positive thing. The worst-case scenario is that we've all wasted our time whilst having fun and socialising - that doesn't sound so bad to me.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#73 2020-04-19 19:23:00

LukeM
Website

Just clearing up the timeline of when things were being done for the server rework: (if you want the short version skip to the bottom)

I can't remember when exactly I started thinking about / doing small amounts of research on the project, but I was mostly working on other things like getting to the closed beta stage and the various changes and fixes around that until mid-late October last year. I probably intended to be properly working on this sooner, but the hacking incidents, my summer internship, and blosed beta stuff ended up meaning that wasn't the case. By this time I was already back at university so didn't have much time to spend on it until the Christmas holiday (which was technically 5 weeks, but this includes getting packed to go to/from university, holiday assignments, revision for exams, and pre-term exams, so it's effectively quite a lot shorter). This holiday was split between relaxation time with family/friends, this university stuff, working on the server rework, and working on portals / the secret santa / physics changes / whatever. I believe that without this extra stuff I would have had time to get it finished during that holiday, and I might have said that I still believed that it would probably be finished with the extra stuff, but this ended up not being the case. It would have been finished this holiday if these events hadn't happened.

So it has now been around 15 months since I started working on EEU, probably around 9 months since we started properly considering the server rework, around 6 since it was my main project, of which ~4 were taken up by university stuff, leaving ~2 months of proper free time, some portion of which was spent working on EEU stuff (the server rework, portals, physics changes, secret santa, etc).

#74 2020-04-19 19:25:27

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Can we make make shorter posts? Thanks.

Discord: jawp#5123

#75 2020-04-19 20:03:03

Zumza

CONTENT WARNING

I just noticed this in Luka's signature, and I believe it is very relevant to answering with what kind of person we are actually facing with.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (3)
dcomet1587746710779910

Board footer