Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-03 17:00:20

Bimps

Why is "Everybody Edits Universe" not just called "Everybody Edits"?

"Everybody Edits", the Flash version, has already been renamed to "Everybody Edits Offline". There is, once Flash dies, going to be nothing called "Everybody Edits". Why not make that the name of EEU? The "Universe" is just an extra, meaningless word. Who is the target audience for EEU? People that played the game back in 2010, then left? Those people are college-age now. They aren't gonna play EEU for more than a week if they find it. So there is no point in adding a word to differentiate it from the Flash version. It should be targeting a younger audience. Therefore, there would be zero issue with calling EEU "Everybody Edits".

#2 2020-05-03 17:29:59

Meep805

Re: Why is "Everybody Edits Universe" not just called "Everybody Edits"?

to make it sound like the grandiose "sequel", boasting better graphics, an even deader lobby, fewer blocks, weirder physics and much much more!

I think right now, it makes sense the differentiate the two, but as soon as the plug is pulled on EE, then yes, there is absolutely no reason to stick with the name EEU when the perfectly good 'everybodyedits.com' domain still exists, which is a great deal better than 'ee-universe.com'.
I don't think any thought has been put into who the audience for EEU is. It seems to just be held together with the belief that "if you build it, they will come".

_____
| Hi. |
  V
__________                    _____
| Help me! |                    | No. |
  V                                        V
//ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad                                         //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2020-05-03 17:51:41

peace

EEU will be diffrent form EE  moreover an EE2 or an sequel

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2020-05-03 18:18:43, last edited by N1KF (2020-05-03 18:20:32)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

If there's no "Everybody Edits" anymore what's going to happen with EE on websites like Kongregate? Is that game with over 6,000,000 plays going to be left in the dust? In my opinion a web-browser-compatible EE Offline in JavaScript should serve as a replacement for the EE client. So in addition to EEU being able to continue the EE name there is also EEO which doesn't really need to be renamed from EE if it's web-compatible as it should be. In my opinion EEU should keep its own unique name since it's a sequel, but keeping the everybodyedits.com URL would probably be best for search engine optimization and keeping the small player base we already have.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#5 2020-05-03 19:22:15

peace

yeah well i think it would be good to have an web based EE ofline on the mian domain and as areplacement for kong ect basically replace the clien and sever wiht EEO's one and publishan sequel as EEU wiht EEU severs

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:
peace1588530135780345

Board footer