Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-20 16:49:32

rat
Formerly eleizibeth
Joined: 2017-06-29
Posts: 643

Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

The title says it all – allow people to downwoot posts they disagree with.

It can be used for adamantly disagreeing with something without posting, "I Adamantly Disagree," as a separate post.

For example, it would allow you to downwoot this topic if you disagree with adding downwoots.

Offline

#2 2020-05-20 16:57:40

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,803

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

This could be especially useful for when people close topics or do things that don't deserve a post reacting to it every time (like making your posts completely illegible or ****)


698230480755228702.png?v=1

Online

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2020-05-20 17:02:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 9,234

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

I adamantly disagree with this suggestion.


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#4 2020-05-20 17:10:52

rat
Formerly eleizibeth
Joined: 2017-06-29
Posts: 643

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

TaskManager wrote:

I adamantly disagree with this suggestion.

If we had a downwoot option you would not have to explain why you disagree. But, We Don't, so

why do you disagree?

Offline

#5 2020-05-20 17:16:01

Pqwerty
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 976

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

I'M SO SICK OF TOPICS LIKE THIS

PARDON MY LANGUAGE BUT
WHAT"S FRICKIN' NEXT?
LEFT WOOTS AND RIGHT WOOTS? UNSURE WOOTS? WOOTS FROM DISCORD THAT SPIN AROUND IN CIRCLES TO HYPNOTISE PEOPLE INTO GIVING ALL THEIR PARENT'S MONEY TO THE EEU PATREON?

IS THAT WHAT YOU FRICKIN' WANT? KIDS TO MAKE IRRESPONSIBLE LIFE DECISIONS AND BANKRUPT THEIR PARENTS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO HYPNOTISED TO HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING? THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT? WELL, YOU GOT 'EM, RAT. YOU REALLY GOT 'EM.

THIS IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE THAT I DON'T WANT TO FRICKIN' FALL DOWN ON AND BREAK MY FRICKIN' NECK BECAUSE IT'S T00 FRICKIN' SLIPPERY.

HECK!

I DOWNWOOT YOUR POST

Offline

#6 2020-05-20 17:34:37

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 9,182

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

hmm not bad multiply downwoots coul ask for a do you want to reprport this post instead?


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

#7 2020-05-20 17:39:32

rat
Formerly eleizibeth
Joined: 2017-06-29
Posts: 643

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

peace wrote:

hmm not bad multiply downwoots coul ask for a do you want to reprport this post instead?

I don't think this would work because not all posts that you disagree with are reportable, and it might make new users confused as to what a "downwoot" actually is. If this were implemented, I feel like it would be discouraging downwoots.

Offline

#8 2020-05-20 18:09:36

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin
From: Texas, U.S.A.
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,318
Website

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Hey Diff we should bring back Reputation™️ for the, what, third or fourth time?


TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Online

#9 2020-05-20 18:12:49

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 9,234

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

rat wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

I adamantly disagree with this suggestion.

If we had a downwoot option you would not have to explain why you disagree. But, We Don't, so

why do you disagree?

You answered your own question, Elizabeth.
If we had a downwoot option, I would not have to explain why I disagree. Which is detrimental to the discussion.

BuzzerBee wrote:

Hey Diff we should bring back Reputation™️ for the, what, third or fourth time?

oh boy i'd sure love to give a -rep for this irrelevant post that doesnt contribute anything to the conversation wait why is my rep -40 OH GOD OH ****


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2020-05-20 18:18:54

Yoshi2018
Member
From: Bathroom
Joined: 2019-07-04
Posts: 78

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

my signature would tell you my opinion


tenor.gif?itemid=12450202
downwoot for forums 2020

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2020-05-20 18:28:37

SirJosh
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja
From: USA
Joined: 2015-04-05
Posts: 2,084
Website

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

BuzzerBee wrote:

Hey Diff we should bring back Reputation™️ for the, what, third or fourth time?

reputation was fun, but downwoot is a nice middleground imo

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2020-05-20 19:01:03

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 9,182

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

what even is rep i wasnt sournd by them coudl someone explain pls?


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

#13 2020-05-20 22:14:56

Bimps
Member
From: michigan
Joined: 2015-02-08
Posts: 5,056

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

We have this suggestion every half-year. If this were added it would be identical to rep, except the difference would have to be manually calculated


pBEEzUa.png
bruuuuuh

Offline

Wooted by:

#14 2020-05-20 22:18:34

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,803

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

TaskManager wrote:

If we had a downwoot option, I would not have to explain why I disagree. Which is detrimental to the discussion.

Then we should remove woots so people have to explain why they agree.


698230480755228702.png?v=1

Online

#15 2020-05-20 22:21:33

Minimania
Moderation Team
From: Cant Count
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 5,721

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Raphe9000 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

If we had a downwoot option, I would not have to explain why I disagree. Which is detrimental to the discussion.

Then we should remove woots so people have to explain why they agree.

I agree but your shoulders are green and I don't like that so take a downwoot instead


21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions!

Offline

#16 2020-05-20 22:23:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 9,234

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Raphe9000 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

If we had a downwoot option, I would not have to explain why I disagree. Which is detrimental to the discussion.

Then we should remove woots so people have to explain why they agree.

If you agree with something you don't have to explain why since your opinion completely aligns with the opinion of the person you're agreeing with
unless you want to turn the forums into a facebook circlejerk


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

Wooted by:

#17 2020-05-20 23:38:35, last edited by BuzzerBee (2020-05-21 16:32:46)

Andymakeer
Member
From: Nine-tails Vale
Joined: 2016-05-29
Posts: 643

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

add this

Large image

F

Offline

Wooted by:

#18 2020-05-21 00:00:09

rat
Formerly eleizibeth
Joined: 2017-06-29
Posts: 643

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

guys ? I don't see what's wrong. look at how much support i'm getting Screen_Shot_2020-05-20_at_6.58.57_PM.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2020-05-21 00:02:45

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,803

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

rat wrote:

guys ? I don't see what's wrong. look at how much support i'm getting

I know right! Not even a single downwoot!


698230480755228702.png?v=1

Online

#20 2020-05-21 00:39:37, last edited by Pqwerty (2020-05-21 00:40:56)

Pqwerty
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 976

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Tbh I kind of like just making a post saying "I downwoot your post".

So instead of posting "I adamantly disagree", you just post "I downwoot your post". I did that in an earlier post and it got 9 woots, which is 1 more than your 8.

Or someone can make a post saying "woot if you disagree". That happens a lot, too.

Offline

#21 2020-05-21 00:41:40

Pqwerty
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 976

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Woot this post if you disagree

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#22 2020-05-21 01:41:02, last edited by BuzzerBee (2020-05-21 17:59:16)

Bimps
Member
From: michigan
Joined: 2015-02-08
Posts: 5,056

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

long text wall

pBEEzUa.png
bruuuuuh

Offline

#23 2020-05-21 01:44:44, last edited by BuzzerBee (2020-05-21 16:34:23)

Onjit
Banned
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,150
Website

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Bimps wrote:

<snip>

I just want to preface this with that I do not care if you respond in anger. Anger can be good, if it does not cloud your thinking too much. It lets you know something is wrong. I think we're getting at the source of the issues here. You think I am attacking what you said. I am not. I have not made any evaluative claims about your knowledge. I'm pretty sure I've repeatedly said that you didn't say anything that was explicitly wrong, and that if you did, I wouldn't have the tools to know. I talked generally on the subject of non experts talking about expert subjects, and how that generally goes, and why people might have a problem with that, me being one of those people. I don't have any problems with your "argument", which is why I haven't brought it up. I have only discussed the problems of making a field easily digestible, and then regurgitating that easily digestible material. It's late Friday here, and I'm getting a little drunk, so I'll be honest. I think your inclination towards getting defensive is clouding your ability to read what people are saying in good faith. You are reciting definitions and name dropping fallacies and things like gate keeping, but you are not actively engaging with the things being said. I am not sure what logic I have not yet responded to, or what evidence is somehow refuting my position.


:.|:;

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#24 2020-05-21 01:46:29, last edited by BuzzerBee (2020-05-21 16:34:49)

Bimps
Member
From: michigan
Joined: 2015-02-08
Posts: 5,056

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Onjit wrote:
Bimps wrote:

<snip>

I just want to preface this with that I do not care if you respond in anger. Anger can be good, if it does not cloud your thinking too much. It lets you know something is wrong. I think we're getting at the source of the issues here. You think I am attacking what you said. I am not. I have not made any evaluative claims about your knowledge. I'm pretty sure I've repeatedly said that you didn't say anything that was explicitly wrong, and that if you did, I wouldn't have the tools to know. I talked generally on the subject of non experts talking about expert subjects, and how that generally goes, and why people might have a problem with that, me being one of those people. I don't have any problems with your "argument", which is why I haven't brought it up. I have only discussed the problems of making a field easily digestible, and then regurgitating that easily digestible material. It's late Friday here, and I'm getting a little drunk, so I'll be honest. I think your inclination towards getting defensive is clouding your ability to read what people are saying in good faith. You are reciting definitions and name dropping fallacies and things like gate keeping, but you are not actively engaging with the things being said. I am not sure what logic I have not yet responded to, or what evidence is somehow refuting my position.

So I’m completely sick of your **** you constantly make me angry and sad and you've almost caused stuff a lot more severe than just anger and sadness that no one except my family and fore of my closest friend get to know about. Now knowing you your going to say something like proof or just straight up deny all the **** you do, but if you truly do not realise what you do let me spell it out. The things you call jokes aren't funny you make these so called jokes at other people's expense and you don't stop when they ask you to, you keep on going until they are so angry that just straight up leave. The way you insult people and call it a joke is something worthy of a 2 year old. I know you are going to say well maybe they can't take a joke, but do you really think its a joke when the person you are joke about is feeling like going away and crying in a corner or worse. So you're probably thinking of saying well they should tell me to stop, but what you don't seem to be able to get through your thick head is that people have told you to stop and you didn't listen, so they no longer tell you to stop or they are too scared to tell you to stop because you will just make fun of them even more. It's even worse when you are teaching someone a new competitive game you think it's fun and funny to kill or win over them so much that they don't have a chance to get good. Instead you pichon thos how are weaker than you to inflate your ego. It's like me an at the time a 7 year veteran of world of tanks taking you when I introduced you to that game and going to a private training room and whooping your ****, but I didn't I attempted to pass on my knowledge collected from over 4500 howes of play time and pass that on to you by playing alongside you not just ruining your experience by crushing you and then calling you trach. So in conclusion I think you should rethink the stuff you do the actions you make and the way you treat people. So please don't talk to me unless you have change completely as a person and are the kind of person people want to be around or just leave me bee.


pBEEzUa.png
bruuuuuh

Offline

#25 2020-05-21 01:50:33, last edited by BuzzerBee (2020-05-21 16:35:15)

Onjit
Banned
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,150
Website

Re: Add the Option to Downwoot Posts

Bimps wrote:
Onjit wrote:
Bimps wrote:

<snip>

I just want to preface this with that I do not care if you respond in anger. Anger can be good, if it does not cloud your thinking too much. It lets you know something is wrong. I think we're getting at the source of the issues here. You think I am attacking what you said. I am not. I have not made any evaluative claims about your knowledge. I'm pretty sure I've repeatedly said that you didn't say anything that was explicitly wrong, and that if you did, I wouldn't have the tools to know. I talked generally on the subject of non experts talking about expert subjects, and how that generally goes, and why people might have a problem with that, me being one of those people. I don't have any problems with your "argument", which is why I haven't brought it up. I have only discussed the problems of making a field easily digestible, and then regurgitating that easily digestible material. It's late Friday here, and I'm getting a little drunk, so I'll be honest. I think your inclination towards getting defensive is clouding your ability to read what people are saying in good faith. You are reciting definitions and name dropping fallacies and things like gate keeping, but you are not actively engaging with the things being said. I am not sure what logic I have not yet responded to, or what evidence is somehow refuting my position.

So I’m completely sick of your **** you constantly make me angry and sad and you've almost caused stuff a lot more severe than just anger and sadness that no one except my family and fore of my closest friend get to know about. Now knowing you your going to say something like proof or just straight up deny all the **** you do, but if you truly do not realise what you do let me spell it out. The things you call jokes aren't funny you make these so called jokes at other people's expense and you don't stop when they ask you to, you keep on going until they are so angry that just straight up leave. The way you insult people and call it a joke is something worthy of a 2 year old. I know you are going to say well maybe they can't take a joke, but do you really think its a joke when the person you are joke about is feeling like going away and crying in a corner or worse. So you're probably thinking of saying well they should tell me to stop, but what you don't seem to be able to get through your thick head is that people have told you to stop and you didn't listen, so they no longer tell you to stop or they are too scared to tell you to stop because you will just make fun of them even more. It's even worse when you are teaching someone a new competitive game you think it's fun and funny to kill or win over them so much that they don't have a chance to get good. Instead you pichon thos how are weaker than you to inflate your ego. It's like me an at the time a 7 year veteran of world of tanks taking you when I introduced you to that game and going to a private training room and whooping your ****, but I didn't I attempted to pass on my knowledge collected from over 4500 howes of play time and pass that on to you by playing alongside you not just ruining your experience by crushing you and then calling you trach. So in conclusion I think you should rethink the stuff you do the actions you make and the way you treat people. So please don't talk to me unless you have change completely as a person and are the kind of person people want to be around or just leave me bee.

The lard has seeped into your brain. You are now human cattle. Lumbering around Walmart at a snail's pace or, even worse, flooding the scooter seat with the amorphous blob that you call a body, that dribbles over the sides, slowly scanning the shelves for yet more fodder to graze on, like the dumb, weak, subservient, domesticated cattle you are. You live to consume; consumption takes 95% of your thoughts. You consume our food while sitting on the couch consuming our media. Give into the sugary fatty mcburgers, fries and sodas you retarded fatass goyim. Make us rich. Dirt poor third worlders raise cows from babies to cut their throats and grind their flesh and organs and sinew into little balls to shove down your throat en masse, to feed your gluttony and please your insatiable appetite. The need to feed that can never be filled for more than a brief respite. Feed it you slave. Hold no restraint, give into every fleeting desire and fancy and relentlessly feed that gluttonous maw until you keel over from your overflow. Make that little heart pump and work until it buckles under the pressure of pushing blood through a body 10x bigger than it was designed for and you clog it with fat deposits. Make everyone else pay for your obscene vice by paying into the healthcare pool to revive you over and over. Take up the time of people who went through decades of schooling and training to artificially keep your manatee-looking blubbery **** alive so you can spend just a few more precious years sitting on the couch, stuffing your fat **** face with ground up cow meat and **** disgusting black tar diarrhea out through your enormous, gangrenous, rotting **** cheeks. Surely this is a lifestyle worth extending as long as possible, at any expense.


:.|:;

Offline

Wooted by:
Bimps1590089783781268

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1606844932.9028 - Generated in 0.108 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.92 MiB (Peak: 2.28 MiB) ]