Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-24 01:46:52, last edited by XxTheProTx9999Xx (2020-05-24 01:47:19)

XxTheProTx9999Xx

[EEU] event areas

add a new type of areas that goes like this:
you choose an event (player jumps, touches a block, is in or near a position, etc.)
and then choose what happens when that event happens. (give an effect to a player, switch a switch, tp a player, etc.)

#2 2020-05-24 01:58:47

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: [EEU] event areas

reminds me of levels from mario maker where you lose if you press jump or go left

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2020-05-24 02:04:06, last edited by XxTheProTx9999Xx (2020-05-24 02:07:47)

XxTheProTx9999Xx

Crybaby wrote:

reminds me of levels from mario maker where you lose if you press jump or go left

yes and there could be a if thing so people can make vvvvvv levels without occupying a lotta blocks with effects by doing

if jump and player.touching_block(any.solid) then if switch 1 = off then effect player.event gravity(up) end if switch 1 = on then effect player.event gravity(down)

#4 2020-05-24 02:11:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

I mean vvvvvv levels were already verifiably possible in EE, in fact one of them was a campaign level

21cZxBv.png

#5 2020-05-24 02:13:30, last edited by XxTheProTx9999Xx (2020-05-24 02:13:42)

XxTheProTx9999Xx

Crybaby wrote:

I mean vvvvvv levels were already verifiably possible in EE, in fact one of them was a campaign level

yes but sometimes when i fall and i am near a platform my gravity flips without me jumping. also i literally just played the relativity campaign to play the vvvvvv world and its not pretty accurate.

#6 2020-05-24 02:14:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

I thought it was pretty accurate

21cZxBv.png

#7 2020-05-24 02:15:39, last edited by XxTheProTx9999Xx (2020-05-24 02:15:48)

XxTheProTx9999Xx

Crybaby wrote:

I thought it was pretty accurate

the tower (red long part) is completely different, if you want, go watch a walkthrough of vvvvvv.

#8 2020-05-24 10:38:07

peace

wold be a btit too complicated if somethign randoms happens while you not knowing it

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2020-05-24 23:50:54

Pqwerty

EEU needs to be sophisticated enough that one can completely recreate VVVVVV in it, so that people will have the tools to create more cool stuff like it.

#10 2020-05-25 02:05:11, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-05-25 02:08:35)

Minisaurus
Banned

Sounds like the action events from Happy Wheels, that action events made Happy Wheels one of the best Free style adventure/story teller game from the internet
Two ways (Or more that I don´t know) to handle that:

1) Trigger event by hiddent "zones" (EEU zones) each zone of this type opens an user interface with settings and options like "remove x amount of = coins/deaths/other" "Place = ID (ID for  owner blocks/portals/action tool/other, then you can adjust the portal that will be placed)
Those zones are not visible for the players, only for the owner of the map

2) Global world trigger, the action is triggered when a player accomplish an implicit requisite (Or explicit, there could be an user interface with "Quests" that allow the player when an action will be triggered and allow the owner to explain what to do with its own words), when so, the action is triggered, for example if = X amount of coins/deaths/switches (with the IDs) happen, then X action (Die X amount of times in X interval/ activate switches/ get x amount of coins selected from the map using X,Y/ other)

The option 2) is extremely complex and belong better for a BOT made by an user that connects to the map (I do believe that there should be a way for players to download bots that works in an specific world with that bot required to make the map work)

And the option 1) is also extremely complex, so I don´t think it will be added since staff want to keep the game mechanics simple and understanded by everyone (I think that there should be advanced features like this to allow more advanced players to create more complex stories/maps, keeping the simple features for less advanced players)

With these features EE would be in another higher level of possibilities for story telling, I really like the idea of adding more advanced features, is thing to learn how to use them, thats all
The idea of downloading a bot that allow a map to work sounds excellent, like mods in games that adds even more depth to the game, I have made a topic to explain the feature further:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=46176

#11 2020-05-25 02:07:48, last edited by XxTheProTx9999Xx (2020-05-25 02:16:29)

XxTheProTx9999Xx

Minisaurus wrote:

Sounds like the action events from Happy Wheels, that action events made Happy Wheels one of the best Free style adventure/story teller game from the internet
Two ways (Or more that I don´t know) to handle that:

1) Trigger event by hiddent "zones" (EEU zones) each zone of this type opens an user interface with settings and options like "remove x amount of = coins/deaths/other" "Place = ID (ID for  owner blocks/portals/action tool/other, then you can adjust the portal that will be placed)
Those zones are not visible for the players, only for the owner of the map

2) Global world trigger, the action is triggered when a player accomplish an implicit requisite (Or explicit, there could be an user interface with "Quests" that allow the player when an action will be triggered and allow the owner to explain what to do with its own words), when so, the action is triggered, for example if = X amount of coins/deaths/switches (with the IDs) happen, then X action (Die X amount of times in X interval/ activate switches/ get x amount of coins selected from the map using X,Y/ other)

The option 2) is extremely complex and belong better for a BOT made by an user that connects to the map (I do believe that there should be a way for players to download bots that works in an specific world with that bot required to make the map work)

And the option 1) is also extremely complex, so I don´t think it will be added since staff want to keep the game mechanics simple and understanded by everyone (I think that there should be advanced features like this to allow more advanced players to create more complex stories/maps, keeping the simple features for less advanced players)

With these features EE would be in another higher level of possibilities for story telling, I really like the idea of adding more advanced features, is thing to learn how to use them, thats all
The idea of downloading a bot that allow a map to work sounds excellent, like mods in games such as Skyrim V that adds even more depth to the game

i actually got inspired for this thing from the "i wanna maker" game events.
yhVxWtk.png

XxTheProTx9999Xx1590368868781489

Board footer