Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-06-02 16:36:51

Onjit
Website

Re: Mafia 48 - Birthday Party Game Thread [MAFIA VICTORY]

the answer is there is no answer (yet)

:.|:;

#52 2020-06-02 16:53:02

peace

TaskManager wrote:

Norboy we better discuss this in the quicktopic
Don't want people to suspect anything

TaskManager wrote:

nothing
lets just vote peace like we usually do

peace wrote:

ok

!vote task

u sure?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#53 2020-06-02 17:54:22

Pqwerty

!confirm

Wooted by:

#54 2020-06-02 18:10:41

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Onjit wrote:
1vote jawp

I have a feeling I know the answer, but why?

Discord: jawp#5123

#55 2020-06-02 20:35:10

Gabriellfs
Website

!confirm if thats still poss

Wooted by:

#56 2020-06-02 21:23:51

Pqwerty

Ok, so let's start off with some strategy and work our way from there.

Because the cop isn’t safe (due to milkman potentially converting it to mafia N2), we should all claim cop to confuse the mafia / potentially make them waste their convert on a VT. Then, we post our inspects so in the odd case that the cop dies, we will still have their inspects because they posted them along with everyone’s fake inspects. It wouldn’t be a good idea for everyone to not claim at all because if the cop dies later on and didn’t post their inspects, we won’t have any information to go off of.
Additionally, if the real cop gets someone as dangerous N1, we should all retract our fake claims so that the real cop gets confirmed. Then, if the scum claims vig (because vig shows up as dangerous if they haven’t shot), the real vig should cc. If the real vig was found, there will probably be no cc, and if there is, the outed real vig should just shoot the cc during the night. This will confirm the cop and vig, and lead to a guaranteed scum kill, as long as we don’t lynch between the vig claims.
Also, this works beyond D2, we just need to make sure the cop/vig isn’t found by the milkman.

So, without further ado, I claim cop.

#57 2020-06-02 21:30:57

peace

ahem doesnt work
i dotn liek th eidea and dotn 100% trust ti either
we still haev a nurse aswell

peace.png

#58 2020-06-02 21:31:33

peace

wait @crybaby can the nruse protect someone from being converted?

peace.png

#59 2020-06-02 21:33:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Pqwerty wrote:

Because the cop isn’t safe (due to milkman potentially converting it to mafia N2), we should all claim cop to confuse the mafia / potentially make them waste their convert on a VT. Then, we post our inspects so in the odd case that the cop dies, we will still have their inspects because they posted them along with everyone’s fake inspects. It wouldn’t be a good idea for everyone to not claim at all because if the cop dies later on and didn’t post their inspects, we won’t have any information to go off of.
Additionally, if the real cop gets someone as dangerous N1, we should all retract our fake claims so that the real cop gets confirmed. Then, if the scum claims vig (because vig shows up as dangerous if they haven’t shot), the real vig should cc. If the real vig was found, there will probably be no cc, and if there is, the outed real vig should just shoot the cc during the night. This will confirm the cop and vig, and lead to a guaranteed scum kill, as long as we don’t lynch between the vig claims.
Also, this works beyond D2, we just need to make sure the cop/vig isn’t found by the milkman.

How about... no? This is just needlessly confusing and dumb.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#60 2020-06-02 21:36:26

ShadowsEdge

!confirm

Hi sorry I exist.

I don't think everyone claiming cop is a particularly great idea, if anything, it just adds more confusion to the game which is unnecessary by everyone claiming the same role when there can only be one of it. The easier solution is just to make the PR's claim VT, that way the Mafia has no prejudice over who to choose to convert.

Besides, if the Mafia want to convert a Cop that's their loss, because all they can really do with that is find the Vigilante and Serial Killer, it doesn't do anything to help them achieve their wincon other than get rid of threats. Personally, I think we should keep the Vigilante and Nurse safe, because they're the ones that are most likely going to be targetted by the Milkman because of their actions.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by: (2)

#61 2020-06-02 21:36:50

ShadowsEdge

I got ninja'd but Norwegian had a similar idea to what I was saying.

~BeepnBoop

#62 2020-06-02 21:41:44

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Besides, if the Mafia want to convert a Cop that's their loss, because all they can really do with that is find the Vigilante and Serial Killer, it doesn't do anything to help them achieve their wincon other than get rid of threats. Personally, I think we should keep the Vigilante and Nurse safe, because they're the ones that are most likely going to be targetted by the Milkman because of their actions.

Uhh, you forget the fact that it removes a big threat to them. (Cop might expose them as scum) and that if i read the setup right, they can slyly convert the cop even if they get protected by the nurse. So that could be even better than killing them.

#63 2020-06-02 21:42:41

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

But yeah, i agree that no PR's should claim.

#64 2020-06-02 21:45:40

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Uhh, you forget the fact that it removes a big threat to them. (Cop might expose them as scum) and that if i read the setup right, they can slyly convert the cop even if they get protected by the nurse. So that could be even better than killing them.

I was mostly saying all of that to try and prevent the Mafia from converting the Cop if possible, but yeah I did forget about that.

~BeepnBoop

#65 2020-06-02 21:47:11

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I was mostly saying all of that to try and prevent the Mafia from converting the Cop if possible

I don't think mafia would be so dumb as to fall for that.

#66 2020-06-02 21:56:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Pqwerty wrote:

people already said this but ill reiterate, this is quite pointless because how is everyone claiming cop any more beneficial to town than nobody claiming cop?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#67 2020-06-02 22:02:06

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

wwhat even is the point of doing that lmao

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#68 2020-06-02 22:14:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

peace wrote:

wait @crybaby can the nruse protect someone from being converted?

Kills only.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#69 2020-06-02 22:40:15

Pqwerty

TaskManager wrote:

people already said this but ill reiterate, this is quite pointless because how is everyone claiming cop any more beneficial to town than nobody claiming cop?

Ok so let me answer some questions because it does sound weird. This is a strategy that I've seen used in other games where the cop isn't fully protected (meaning that the optimal strategy of follow the cop isn't viable). It's usually done when the mafia has a roleblocker, but I think it works the same here.

Generally, when there's a mafia RB and only the real cop claims, they just get blocked by the mafia RB until they are eventually killed off. The RB basically makes the cop useless because it can't get an inspect. And if the cop doesn't claim, then there is the possibility that they get killed before releasing any of their inspects. Also, if they do go out and claim their inspects, then they just get blocked by the mafia RB for the rest of the game because mafia knows who they are now.

To combat this, players decided to use a strategy called Hypo.

Hypo: Hypo is a strategy that occurs in themes with a known inspector and a known scum roleblocker, for example 8 player Classic. What happens is that EVERYONE claims cop, so "hypo"thetically anyone can be cop, so the Mafia Pretty Lady doesn't know who to block, allowing the actual cop to (hopefully) safely get inspections.

Basically, everyone claims cop so that the mafia RB doesn't know who to block. Amidst the chaos of inspects, the real cop can post their inspects so that even if they die, the inspects will be known post-mortem.

In our situation, I feel like the milkman/nurse scenario is similar to the one with a mafia RB. This is because if the cop claims, they risk being converted/ killed because nurse can't double-protect. So, it's risky to claim. Also, if they don't claim, they could potentially die with their inspects. It's very possible that the cop dies before releasing their reads in this setup. There's 3 killing roles and a lynch during the day. There's a high chance that the cop is one of the people to die N1 or N2 because of all this firepower, and if the cop survives N1 with a town inspect and doesn't claim, and then dies N2, that's one town confirm we don't get.

This is a setup where the cop's reads are vital. With so much carnage during the nights, if someone gets townconfirmed amongst the already narrow player list (due to all the killing), that increases our odds of hitting a scum by a lot.

So, I say everyone claims cop and gives reads so that we can give our actual cop some cover.

tldr; this strategy allows the cop to more safely release their reads with less risk of being converted / night killed, and it does not have those benefits when everyone claims VT.

Does this address your concerns?

#70 2020-06-02 22:51:17

Luka504

That actually is not a bad idea. If everyone writes fake reads, then if the real cop dies, we can use what they've said while they were alive.

All right, I'm game. I am a cop.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#71 2020-06-02 22:52:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

ok but i still dont see the point doing this day 1 because cop didnt have the time to visit anyone yet???

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#72 2020-06-02 22:53:00

Luka504

Well, there's no inherent harm in doing it d1, right?

#73 2020-06-02 22:57:07

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

well ok then
im cop

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#74 2020-06-02 22:58:10

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I still don't like the idea. It's so typical of mafia games here lately to have people advocating these silly strategies relying on cop claims and investigatives instead of actually trying to play the game for real and solve. Like we could literally just lynch scum today and not have to bother with running through hoops trying to get a PR to solve the game for us.

#75 2020-06-02 22:59:44

Luka504

Why cant we do both, Norwegianboy? Why dont we hunt for scum while covering for the cop?

peace1594715618783363

Board footer