Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-09 05:21:52, last edited by Aoitenshi (2020-10-24 16:43:49)

Aoitenshi

[EEU] Station_01.exe (Remastered)

unknown.png
Station_01.exe (Remastered)

About

Three months ago, the EEU port of Station_01.exe was finished, and it was ready to release as soon as Yellow and Blue Coin doors were implemented. That did not went down, not because there were technical or creative difficulty. It was because at the time, I just wasn't satisfied with it. It just did not feel right to simply duplicate the original level into here and release it as is. I had a personal need to add more into the map.

It started by completely rewriting the log section of the original Station_01.exe. The original logs were a simple fluff, really, a filler content to take up the space of the minimap. When I was contemplating at what to do with the logs in EEU, I knew I wanted to reboot the narrative of the Station trilogy in EEU, and link all three in a more cohesive manner. If the Station trilogy was eventually getting ported, now would be the best time to soft-reboot the universe. New lore logs were written, and it became the reward for the players who dedicate themselves to completing everything the level has to offer.

As the new logs were finished, the need to add more and more content continued to snowball. I knew I at the time I wanted to create a B-Side to the level. If you've never played Celeste, you might not know what that means, but it's essentially an optional challenge the game has to offer. The problem is: I have no idea how to design brutal and fair minis. I really have no idea what I was doing, so I had to spent some time playing through 10+ Hard-Extreme campaign worlds in EE to get a feel on what I'm looking for. These log challenges are what I've come up with after the fact, and I hope veterans here will enjoy the experience I have to offer.

I also knew at the time that I wanted to come up with an alternate game mode -- Something new that would give a new feel to the level. After some experimentations left and right eventually settled with a Dual-Jump Mode, which as the name implies, essentially introduces double jumping to the players and unlocks access to additional coins otherwise inaccessible with a single jump. I was pleasantly surprised with how much it changed my platforming perspective as a player, completely underestimating the flexibility of having an extra jump and I was satisfied with the new game mode as soon as I was done (which is a very rare thing in my case).

At this point, the volume of content for the level had tripled. There were almost twice as many Gold Coins to seek out and collect, in addition to the five brutal challenges that took me a long time to finish. It was at this moment that I realized that I should probably stop. The scope of the level was growing bigger and bigger and if I chase down this rabbit hole, well; you'll never see this level ever finished. So, I finished up that very day, and here it is: Station_01.exe Remastered.

Please enjoy what the level has to offer.

Credits

• Creator -- Aoitenshi

• Helper (Original Version) -- AndreiTan2000, BioManiac, Mast, Peker4241

• Original Inspiration -- Star

#2 2020-08-09 10:32:14

peace

Re: [EEU] Station_01.exe (Remastered)

exploit in level 4 at the end you can skip a section

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2020-08-09 12:12:55

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: [EEU] Station_01.exe (Remastered)

If EEU ever gets featured levels, this’ll be one of em.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:
Tomahawk1596971575783973

Board footer