Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-12-03 17:51:23

Snowester

Re: Overdone Appreciation Thread for EE: Funeral Edition

Minimania wrote:
Snowester wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

An offline version called EEO will arrive.

eh... lol

Well, it did

not in the public eye, only people that has access to EEU (and patron) can at the moment.
Most likely it will never release to the public in the end...

#27 2020-12-03 18:14:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i start EEO and it say 0 player online
is this what you call not dead????

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#28 2020-12-04 00:42:13, last edited by Slabdrill (2020-12-04 00:49:50)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I have a lot of nice memories of EE. I first played in 2011, but back then I didn't think too much of the game. A few years later I decided to check out the game again and it had a lot of weird features like potions; by this point I was already a fan of game design which made me usually find this feature useless.
A few years after that, there was a large update. From here I remembered actually starting to know the community and being fairly active in the game. I looked up to people who knew what they were doing more than me (such as tiralmo, gabrielloverxp), and made some acquaintances that I didn't mind building with (master1, ipwner). I chose the username I use now solely due to the community (combination of john and schlog for this one), and I loved reading threads about drama.

I still very regularly chat with rocktheworld314, who I first met through EE, and I think I made more worlds with them than on my own. This is probably the most important thing I gained from this game; they're someone I consider a good friend who shares my interests, and I love working with them. Recently (I think it's been about 10 months now) we've been talking a lot more about anime instead of EE, but I don't think I would've met them if it wasn't for this game. I have other friends, but none I'd probe to see if they share my interests before I talk about them. also you should play the worlds they're pretty good

I like game design, and some worlds were very nicely designed. ML's First Samurai (video game 2 tier 4, by xenonetix) caught my attention, but there are other interesting worlds that push what can be done in EE. I've always loved nonlinear metroidvanias the most; they're obviously extremely uncommon in EE, but ML's First Samurai was basically exactly what I was looking for. Other worlds I found well designed were LOEE demonic citadel and aquatic sanctuary (by master1, puzzle 2 t4 and best of ee t7 respectively); while the latter was fairly broken, these remain two of my favorite worlds that have ever been made. They don't have any complicated systems in them, but they're just the right difficulty for what I enjoy and are puzzle-based. Another world that feels similar is rotcil illusions, though as an older world it's a lot more simplistic with its puzzles. There was a wip world I played somewhere recently, I think it was from mutantdevle? that also felt similar. There was also this really cool one by gkabyssflorida.

I'm a system person. People often only asked me to help so I could help build things with switches that do what they want, and I was basically always online so this was pretty reliable; but when I made worlds, I actually didn't include them that much. When I built with rocktheworld314, I often tried for puzzles - things that are hard to figure out. A consequence of this is most of kirisame crew's complete worlds being extremely puzzle-based, since those were the ones I was most motivated to complete, as I found them the most fun to make. (I can't speak for them, but they were also willing to spend 6h/day for several consecutive days making the worlds.) I loved this aspect of level creation, and I wish more people released puzzly worlds rather than just minis with challenging executions. Though I will say that the worlds are probably more fun to make than to play (not something I feel from making something like CTM; those are equally bad both ways). Despite all of this, challenging switch mechanisms were something I enjoyed building. Space and memory constraints are never something I consider for an actual program because I just don't need to do anything that advanced yet, so the need to consider them for something simple like this was a different challenge than I'm used to.

EE is a community-based game. The community of the game was great, and it led to me having something to do whenever I was bored. Whether it was making or playing, EE had something for everyone. I loved the game when it was more active, and it makes me smile when I see someone who plays the game in a different community I'm in. I hope EEU succeeds; while I enjoy making levels, I need an engine to make those levels in, and a platform like EE basically guaranteed that people would give the levels a try (except most of them were too difficult for most people to complete; I make stuff exactly hard enough that I struggle to beat it, after all).

This game was a lot of fun. I want to have fun, even though my life has become so much busier than before. Thanks for reading~

suddenly random sig change

#29 2020-12-04 17:45:25

icepegasus

Snowester wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Snowester wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

An offline version called EEO will arrive.

eh... lol

Well, it did

not in the public eye, only people that has access to EEU (and patron) can at the moment.
Most likely it will never release to the public in the end...

Idk what it is you're talking about, the fact EEO is public in the EEU server it kind of means it's released to public no?
It's not like we can stop people from posting it elsewhere
But even if it were accessible only in the EEU discord, what makes you think it'll never be released officially for public?

user.php?id=icepegasus

Wooted by:

#30 2020-12-11 03:25:46

Pqwerty

I played EE for 10 years and everyone thought I was userqwerty

Pqwerty1607653546786818

Board footer