Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-04-02 23:33:17

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Re: EE! is going to die. Not an April Fools joke.

Killer4 wrote:
horribleKidnapper72 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

And back to the topic of EE!, by the time anyone was hyped for EEU (which was planned to be a revival of EE, a goal like EE!'s), the community was BAREBONES already, it's not like EE! is going to regain all of it's fans, so even if they revive the GAME they'll have to revive the COMMUNITY.

False. New players can exist.

New players are not going to flood in in apparency.

That’s why I said the actual problem is how are the staff gonna advertise, if they do it well enough, players aren’t a problem. If you’re gonna say that players will get bored, I think the staff team now is capable of frequent updates.

Wooted by:

#27 2021-04-02 23:38:14, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:38:58)

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

"Are you forgetting the fact that new players can exist btw"

So what? Remove the campaign's mere concept?

I was replying to the “community” thing btw. If you mean physics wise, campaigns are something new players can get used to (even though they’re still awful), but stuff like hovers are just luck to them, can’t get used to it.

You're all about user-friendliness, later on the old veterans are like "WHY ARE THEY SO EASY?!" if they did make everything newbie friendly.

#28 2021-04-02 23:39:06, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-02 23:39:59)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

I was replying to the “community” thing btw. If you mean physics wise, campaigns are something new players can get used to (even though they’re still awful), but stuff like hovers are just luck to them, can’t get used to it.

You're all about user-friendliness, later on the old veterans are like "WHY ARE THEY SO EASY?!".

Yes, we should make the game as difficult as possible even though that makes the players quit as fast as possible.

Difficult stuff doesn’t mean only hovers or 1x1 hooks. Look at PPF or Trial and Terror campaign, tiers can be difficult without the existence of those.

#29 2021-04-02 23:39:39

Killer4
Anonymous user

frequent updates.

"frequent updates"

Are you sure they won't get the idea of rushing and progressively destroying it?

#30 2021-04-02 23:40:24

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

You're all about user-friendliness, later on the old veterans are like "WHY ARE THEY SO EASY?!".

Yes, we should make the game as difficult as possible even though that makes the players quit as fast as possible.

That's like saying that Worst campaign and more shouldn't exist.

#31 2021-04-02 23:40:27

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

frequent updates.

"frequent updates"

Are you sure they won't get the idea of rushing and progressively destroying it?

Why are you doubting the staff in every single way possible despite there’s no proof of that happening yet?

#32 2021-04-02 23:41:48

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

Worst campaign is intended as a meme, no one expected 2 people to actually beat it.
Now, some extreme campaigns are bad and unfair, but they are still tolerable, unlike hovers.
Players gradually get better, harder campaigns are expected. The thing is, you can’t just expect new players to be magically goated and remove all newbie stuff.

#33 2021-04-02 23:44:57

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

Worst campaign is intended as a meme, no one expected 2 people to actually beat it.
Now, some extreme campaigns are bad and unfair, but they are still tolerable, unlike hovers.
Players gradually get better, harder campaigns are expected. The thing is, you can’t just expect new players to be magically goated and remove all newbie stuff.

There's so many flipsides to what points you make, you can't just expect them to be like "meh i think we had enough of these physics", and if they weren't like what you are trying to imply, you can't expect the ol veterans to take as much time to conquer the game as before.

#34 2021-04-02 23:47:43, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-02 23:48:18)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Well your point was that old veterans would be like “THIS IS TOO EASY”, so lol, wdym “I had enough of these physics”
I don’t think any games expect players to pour too much time into a game just to beat a campaign of whatever, you can put like an hour everyday into a long tier and still can beat something like CTM2.

#35 2021-04-02 23:48:49

Universal-usher
Anonymous user

To defend hovers, they have a much better timing window than 1x1 hook jumps and you can sort of get a feel for how to get through them.

We wouldn't even need to be debating 1x1 hook jumps if they were more fair to begin with. Expand the timing window a few frames, and suddenly they're much more fun, and a clever way to get around the environment.

Wooted by:

#36 2021-04-02 23:49:55, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:50:44)

Killer4
Anonymous user

Thing is, if we add completely new systems (which I am doubtful EE! won't include), the whole nostalgia thing would come to a stop and drop dead.

The community is not going to be all anew.

#37 2021-04-02 23:50:56

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Universal-usher wrote:

To defend hovers, they have a much better timing window than 1x1 hook jumps and you can sort of get a feel for how to get through them.

We wouldn't even need to be debating 1x1 hook jumps if they were more fair to begin with. Expand the timing window a few frames, and suddenly they're much more fun, and a clever way to get around the environment.

1x1 hook was a glitch itself so idk how were they supposed to expand the time frame.
I agree with your point though.

#38 2021-04-02 23:52:07

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

Thing is, if we add completely new systems (which I am doubtful EE! won't include), the whole nostalgia thing would come to a stop and drop dead.

The community is not going to be all anew.

Play EEO if you want nostalgia //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue
Is player interaction not enough nostalgia for you? Must we include every single glitch in EE?

#39 2021-04-02 23:55:34

Universal-usher
Anonymous user

Why not try working with both the old and new?

Must we include every single glitch in EE?

Nah, just those that are widely known and used in thousands of classic worlds.

#40 2021-04-02 23:56:07, last edited by emo elephant (2021-04-02 23:59:13)

emo elephant
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

it's not like EE! is going to regain all of it's fans, so even if they revive the GAME they'll have to revive the COMMUNITY.

It's not about bringing old players back it's about bringing in new players. That's not going to be done just through making something and hoping people join, there's actually an advertising budget - one that isn't funded by a patreon.

#41 2021-04-02 23:57:49, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:58:13)

Killer4
Anonymous user

emo elephant wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

EE! isn't going to suddenly make people remember EE.

It's not about bringing old players back it's about bringing in new players. That's not going to be done just through making something and hoping people join, there's actually an advertising budget - one that isn't funded by a patreon.

then again, if they dont advertise it right, then where will be all the new players? where will be all the cash?

#42 2021-04-03 00:01:35, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-03 00:03:08)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
emo elephant wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

then again, if they dont advertise it right, then where will be all the new players? where will be all the cash?

Your point is based on what if they don’t advertise it right. The game hasn’t even finished developing yet, why do you even have thoughts like that lmao

At this point you’re just making up random bs points despite having no proof because you dislike EE! lmfao

#43 2021-04-03 00:02:35, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-03 00:02:55)

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
emo elephant wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

Your point is based on what if they don’t advertise it right. The game hasn’t even finished developing yet, why do you even have thoughts like that lmao

because im a pessimist https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL and im not taking off my shoes https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#44 2021-04-03 00:04:28

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:
emo elephant wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

because im a pessimist https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL and im not taking off my shoes https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Being a pessimist means that you have a sad outlook in life. Being a pessimist doesn’t mean you judge a game in every single way possible despite having no proof whatsoever. Being a pessimist doesn’t give you the permission to be annoying //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/wink

#45 2021-04-03 00:07:09

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:
emo elephant wrote:

Being a pessimist means that you have a sad outlook in life. Being a pessimist doesn’t mean you judge a game in every single way possible despite having no proof whatsoever. Being a pessimist doesn’t give you the permission to be annoying //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/wink

im afraid you're just minimalizing it

pessimism is always seeing the bad in things

#46 2021-04-03 00:07:59

Universal-usher
Anonymous user

I've spent years defending the hope that EE will repair itself, but time and time again we've seen that ownership changes fail. Yes, this time could be different, but there's also a good reason why people wouldn't have hope in EE!.

#47 2021-04-03 00:09:24, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-03 00:09:46)

Killer4
Anonymous user

Y'all should face it. EE IS DEAD.

#48 2021-04-03 00:11:45

Killer4
Anonymous user

And also, if you want me to start being all optimistic, what the [insert obligatory swear word]? Nobody is gonna believe anything about that [insert another obligatory swear word].

#49 2021-04-03 00:14:08

Universal-usher
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

Y'all should face it. EE IS DEAD.

So let's have a memorial for it. In my opinion EEO isn't quite fitting, as it's a downloadable version of a game meant to be played in a web browser.

#50 2021-04-03 00:14:28, last edited by WonderfulWorker25 (2021-04-03 00:19:56)

WonderfulWorker25
Anonymous user

[buried by page change]

Board footer