Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-11 19:46:17, last edited by Different55 (2017-08-11 20:02:30)

Master1

* SYSTEM: Final Warning. You have said the same thing 4 times.

CONTENT WARNING

Srs why does this still exist?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUES CAUSED BY FINAL WARNING:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Someone asks you 4 yes or no questions and you answer them all the same way, well CONGRATS!!!! Now you can only talk once every 2 minutes.

2. Pretty much any command based bot assisted maps are ANNOYING as **** to play.
Example: !store !bag !store !bag !bag !bag ****.

3. When SCHLEMEN LOGENSTEIN just won't STFU
74lAbr8.png

NOW LETS INVESTIGATE WHAT FINAL WARNING IS ACTUALLY USEFUL FOR!

FOR those of you playing along at HOME, you are INCORRECT. the answer is actually NOTHING.

Many people believe that it helps against spam or something like that?
Well aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahaa
No. That isn't the case.

Anyone who spams PROPERLY is going to just bypass this **** with a bot anyways, so it's not useful at all.

Also who even gives a **** about spam anyways, this is 2017. We have a /mute command. Let people USE it for something.

SRS /mute is probably the most underused command because everyone expects the mods to take care of pointless **** for them.

IN CONCLUSION:

Remove this ****. Spam filters are ok and all but when they start taking away from ACTUAL gameplay, they need to go.

I also suggest improving /mute by adding mute lists, so that people will stay muted despite leaving and rejoining. That way people can use that instead of having to rely on this dumb system.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#2 2017-08-11 20:07:08

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: * SYSTEM: Final Warning. You have said the same thing 4 times.

I was gonna post a meme about salt but then I realised I kinda agree. I don't see much spam in worlds these days, and players would still be able to /mute others if the spam filter were removed.

If the general "be nice" rule applies to spam and players can be banned for spamming, then the spam blocker shouldn't be necessary. It's also a fairly minor offence; trolling is more annoying, and there's no rule against that.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2017-08-11 21:50:44

peace

you can bypass easily so i agree you could say ahahahahahahaahaha 3 times and then add a h and a ect so ye wha the point i makes bot levels hard to play

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2017-08-15 03:51:36

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

This is why multiple prefixes are a thing on bots.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#5 2017-08-15 05:35:24

Xfrogman43

Vinyl Melody wrote:

but it shouldn't have to be that way because its easier to just use one thing

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#6 2017-08-15 11:37:44

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Vinyl Melody wrote:

but it shouldn't have to be that way because its easier to just use one thing

That's why I support it, because without the warning. Bots can have a special prefix (just like discord bots!) without having the worry if the user said the same command four(plus) times.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#7 2017-08-15 17:05:54

John

If the programmer is competent they'd just allow for you to append a series of characters after the command.
eg
!<command> sladkjflasdfhjlk

PW?scale=2

#8 2017-08-15 17:14:45

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Emalton wrote:

If the programmer is competent they'd just allow for you to append a series of characters after the command.
eg

yes but !<command> ifgifngdiniojoigjdogkdokgfpogkfpobk is a lot more annoying to type than !<command>

suddenly random sig change

#9 2017-08-21 04:27:03

ParadoxInTheVoid

Slabdrill wrote:
Emalton wrote:

eg

yes but !<command> ifgifngdiniojoigjdogkdokgfpogkfpobk is a lot more annoying to type than !<command>

and, it just get's even worse when you have something like "!<command> <argument>" - or even "!<command> [argument]", but, no matter.

signature.png

ParadoxInTheVoid1503286023674084

Board footer