Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-21 20:57:53

capasha

[Request] Searching for programmers

I search for a programmer that is good at developing good looking GUI/Form's.
Robotkoer32 have helped me with brain storming and examples before. He is too busy with the military and he's time in the school.
I need a person that know how to code in C# and how to make GUI/Form's that help people to use it.

I have so far 2 current projects.
1) EEditor a tool for offline making Everybody Edits Worlds in C#.
2) A tool for PlayerIO made in C# also named as "PLayer.IO Revision Tool"

Now you maybe comes to this stating, Do you get money?
I have never paid anyone before. Robotkoer32 helped me for free BUT he got knowledge in programming, which have helped him.

One more thing, I want to update EEditor so people can add their own blocks.
I have brain stormed about this but because I suck at developing good looking GUI/Form's it stay at nothing finished.

I really hope there are someone out here that can help me.

Wooted by:

#2 2018-02-21 22:06:46

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: [Request] Searching for programmers

If you want a slightly classier GUI than the default controls, download some kinda skin for WinForms. MetroFramework is a nice one:
Shortcut_Bot.png

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2018-02-21 22:41:14

capasha

Tomahawk wrote:

If you want a slightly classier GUI than the default controls, download some kinda skin for WinForms. MetroFramework is a nice one:
https://s10.postimg.org/a574fbcrt/Shortcut_Bot.png

I know about this. But I just want someone to make a better way of the Form. Colored Form's isn't needed and doesn't support everything I use.

Wooted by:

#4 2018-02-21 23:20:18

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

We don't need to limit the programs compatibility even more. Actually it would be better to completely trash WinForms and use far better GUI toolkit, such as the good GTK+ (Gtk# binding).

I've worked with Gtk# and besides it having some small flaws in character handling, it's more efficient and easier to work with than WinForms.

#5 2018-02-21 23:55:24

den3107

I personally have never enjoyed any type of forms. Not winforms, not GTK+, not JavaFX (Java).
The only way I like to make GUIs is through good old HTML, CSS and JS if needed.
However, I've never actually found a (somewhat) easy framework to write C# code with a HTML UI (they all just feel very bloated and unnecessarily complex).

#6 2018-02-22 00:34:05

LukeM
Website

Personally I just find Windows Forms to be the most reliable option for downloadable bots (yes HTML + CSS + JS is the best for browser based bots, but its not very well suited for some things), everything else I've tried seems to be really annoying to set up and not work half the time anyway //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

#7 2018-02-22 00:42:22

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Gtk# programs can run without any issue on computers with Gtk+ (Gtk# on Windows) installed. The program makers can just include the Gtk# installation program with their program package.

Gtk# can be designed with the drag-and-drop editor Stetic, included in MonoDevelop (Xamarin Studio on Windows and Mac). And the package's very easy to work with, without the need of a visual editor.

Writing the form code is a lot better than using generated code, as it allows for optimizations and better understanding of the form structure.

#8 2018-02-22 03:05:25

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

HG wrote:

Writing the form code is a lot better than using generated code, as it allows for optimizations and better understanding of the form structure.

great and all but if I'm making a bot I'd rather focus on the bot, not optimizing the form...

there are at least form designers for Gtk# though, right?

#9 2018-02-22 13:02:18

den3107

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

there are at least form designers for Gtk# though, right?

HG wrote:

Gtk# can be designed with the drag-and-drop editor Stetic, included in MonoDevelop (Xamarin Studio on Windows and Mac). And the package's very easy to work with, without the need of a visual editor.

This.

Although I do hope there's a Visual Studio extension, since I'm not going to use 2 editors and the only reason I'd willingly move to Xamarin Studio is when working on a Mac instead of a Windows pc (since Visual Studio for Mac = Xamarin Studio).

den31071519300938696520

Board footer