Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-13 01:01:50

Raphe9000

Earth

Make the grass blocks rotatable please.

Aside from the obvious inspiration, this is actually a serious suggestion - to make the grass overlay (and I guess other blocks like it) rotatable instead of as an exclusively upward block. Goes along with the whole gravity theme of the game that for some reason only has blocks in one direction. Grass that runs down around a block would also probably help said theme.

#2 2018-07-13 02:04:22

KingN24

Re: Earth

I thought you were joking till you explained why. Now I support this. We need corner grass and rotatable grass for aesthetic design.

Heya.

banner.png

#3 2018-07-13 04:09:31

Guest.

Raphe9000 wrote:

that for some reason only has blocks in one direction

because the blocks were made 8 years ago

Wooted by:

#4 2018-07-13 09:37:23

azurepudding

Jet wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

including the gravity tho??

Azure2.png

#5 2018-07-13 10:03:48

LukeM
Website

(This post is just ideas, I'm not saying any of it will happen. I will make sure that I discuss it with the rest of the team when the time comes though)

I was thinking about this back when someone suggested 3 layers. If the layers were background, physics (including solid blocks), and decoration, you could have cool things like having separate overlay decorations, meaning you could have grass / snow / whatever and place it on top of any block in any rotation, without needing 50 million block variations. I think this would be great as it would allow for much better integration of things like grass, snow, etc, as well as possibly adding a more 3D feel (as things like bushes could go in front of other things), which I think would look good in EE.

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-07-13 12:40:12

Raphe9000

Jet wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

And it is in a desperate need for an expansion is the point, like how a few old packs have acquired.

LukeM wrote:

(This post is just ideas, I'm not saying any of it will happen. I will make sure that I discuss it with the rest of the team when the time comes though)

I was thinking about this back when someone suggested 3 layers. If the layers were background, physics (including solid blocks), and decoration, you could have cool things like having separate overlay decorations, meaning you could have grass / snow / whatever and place it on top of any block in any rotation, without needing 50 million block variations. I think this would be great as it would allow for much better integration of things like grass, snow, etc, as well as possibly adding a more 3D feel (as things like bushes could go in front of other things), which I think would look good in EE.

Overlays are actually probably one of the best solutions to this, as it would enable any block to become a grass block (in this circumstance) and unlock even more possibilities in other circumstances. I think it is the implementation of overlays (being such a big change in the game) that make people weary of said conclusion.

Raphe90001531482012714095

Board footer