Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-05 23:14:24

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Don't allow seeing background IDs with inspect

Inspecting breaks the point of team zockietty's round 3W contest world (PWElHAOeEvcUI), as it relies on putting information in backgrounds behind switch doors. If this were fixed, it wouldn't be a problem.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#2 2018-09-05 23:15:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Don't allow seeing background IDs with inspect

slab whst hte ufkc

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-09-05 23:16:32

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

i began making this post before you said you would

result was that i finished it faster too

suddenly random sig change

#4 2018-09-05 23:17:46

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Slabdrill wrote:

i began making this post before you said you would

result was that i finished it faster too

//ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/mad //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/mad //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/mad
cmon it was my chance to make a GOOD suggestion

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#5 2018-09-05 23:49:41

Trytu

huh, add option to not be able see block ID's, same as in campaig worlds
and option to see portal ID/Target even in god mode (for example tutorial worlds, where we should know which ID have which Target)
we have word options menu, to just use it to add that

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Wooted by:

#6 2018-09-06 00:02:56

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Trytu wrote:

huh, add option to not be able see block ID's, same as in campaig worlds
and option to see portal ID/Target even in god mode (for example tutorial worlds, where we should know which ID have which Target)
we have word options menu, to just use it to add that

yes let's add options for everything
Do we really need to? Just make it display coordinates only for casual players and everything as per usual for players with god mode/edit
Other than in Gosha's PWAllBlocks (and it has god mode giver so you would still be able to view block IDs), I don't see how players would benefit (in a way that isn't cheating) from being able to see block IDs via inspect, so we could just disable it globally

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#7 2018-09-06 00:31:27

21Twelve
Formerly 222Hockey222

Yeah. This, and the /reset command. Weird there's not at least a toggle to turn them off.

b5c4b4f1a7.png

#8 2018-09-06 00:47:18

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

21Twelve wrote:

This, and the /reset command.

Why? The /reset command being usable by everyone is a great addition. What will you achieve from making it owner-only? If you disallow it, people will simply rejoin, effectively resetting themselves, just like they can do with the command now.

Wooted by:

#9 2018-09-06 16:17:42, last edited by Trytu (2018-09-06 22:49:19)

Trytu

TaskManager wrote:

yes let's add options for everything
Do we really need to? Just make it display coordinates only for casual players and everything as per usual for players with god mode/edit
Other than in Gosha's PWAllBlocks (and it has god mode giver so you would still be able to view block IDs), I don't see how players would benefit (in a way that isn't cheating) from being able to see block IDs via inspect, so we could just disable it globally

huh we have world options, so why not to use "Settings" or "Permissions" tab or add additional tab for things like that!?
people like to have control on everything, so it's not bad idea until it take too much space, or is too hard to add
it's not hard to add, and it not take too much space, so why not!?
in that tab there could be added options like:
-allow to use /reset command by other players

HG wrote:

-don't let to see blocks ID
-allow to see ID/Target of portal to normal players
-block inspect tool
-don't allow to obtain coins in forcefly/god mode
-change how long keys trigger
-change world physics
-don't count amount of deaths
-change range of interactions (how far can you stand from NPC to talk with him)
-allow players to target-teleporting to another player
-don't allow/allow to chat on pm (Stupid idea, but once Anatoly suggested that once, so i put that here (still let owners to have more controll))
-don't allow/allow to chat on normal chat
-allow/don't allow to use some commands
-ect...

4puJMaQ.png
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Wooted by:

#10 2018-09-06 16:37:39

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

HG wrote:
21Twelve wrote:

This, and the /reset command.

Why? The /reset command being usable by everyone is a great addition. What will you achieve from making it owner-only? If you disallow it, people will simply rejoin, effectively resetting themselves, just like they can do with the command now.

maybe for you, but i had worlds with the new world spawns update which the system is easily explotaible now.
the player in the easy sub-world ( which you can access only from the main world ) has only 3 lifes, if he dies he back to the main world, but now if he dies he just can do /reset.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2018-09-06 16:53:21

peace

hey inspect can be used to cheat to find secrets/invis portals

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#12 2018-09-06 21:00:23, last edited by mikelolsuperman (2018-09-06 21:03:40)

mikelolsuperman
Website

Long Quote that takes long to read.

These things became really good, but then you started about blocking chat and pm. Then it's like back in the day where you had to buy chat. I don't like the idea of people blocking chat because it's just stupid. What would you use it for anyways? It would probably only be used like 'Ha ha you can't talk'. And if you want that, then why also pm? If you disable chat EE becomes way less fun. Blocking pm still has no point because it's just talking. And if you don't want people to talk, put the world on private so no one is there to talk to you. Same for commands. Why should anyone not be allowed to use for example /fps, /help, /pm, /report, /spectate? If you don't want spectating disable it. Help doesn't help with the level, it just shows commands, pm is just sending a private message, which you already was about to block, report is just for telling staff that someone does something against the rules.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#13 2018-09-06 22:48:32

Trytu

mikelolsuperman wrote:

These things became really good, but then you started about blocking chat and pm. Then it's like back in the day where you had to buy chat. I don't like the idea of people blocking chat because it's just stupid. What would you use it for anyways? It would probably only be used like 'Ha ha you can't talk'. And if you want that, then why also pm? If you disable chat EE becomes way less fun. Blocking pm still has no point because it's just talking. And if you don't want people to talk, put the world on private so no one is there to talk to you. Same for commands. Why should anyone not be allowed to use for example /fps, /help, /pm, /report, /spectate? If you don't want spectating disable it. Help doesn't help with the level, it just shows commands, pm is just sending a private message, which you already was about to block, report is just for telling staff that someone does something against the rules.

Like i said, pm blocking was Anatoly suggestion, in this topic
Chat blocking is very simmilar, so i put that here too and it's another example to give a control to owner,
that doesn't mean that i like idea of chat blocking, i just had need more examples,

And you didn't undertand last example, - I said some commands, but i hadn't written which ones
I didn't said to make possible to block all commands, it's just example

(huh, maybe i should add to examples possibility to block inspect tool..., that would be better option than only blocking block ID's, and probably easier...)

4puJMaQ.png

#14 2018-09-06 22:49:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Trytu wrote:

huh we have world options, so why not to use "Settings" or "Permissions" tab or add additional tab for things like that!?
people like to have control on everything, so it's not bad idea until it take too much space, or is too hard to add

yo how about you provide actual reasons as to why it should be toggleable and how it would be useful to players with no god mode/edit whatsoever
instead of just asking "why not"
?????

i8SwC8p.png

#15 2018-09-06 22:54:39, last edited by Trytu (2018-09-06 23:11:38)

Trytu

TaskManager wrote:
Trytu wrote:

yo how about you provide actual reasons as to why it should be toggleable and how it would be useful to players with no god mode/edit whatsoever
instead of just asking "why not"
?????

like i marked, people (world owners) like to have controll on thier world

i guess you did read only first and last sentence of my post

When i wrote that post, i understood that i did same to your post

4puJMaQ.png

#16 2018-09-07 15:23:15

mikelolsuperman
Website

Trytu wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

Like i said, pm blocking was Anatoly suggestion, in this topic
Chat blocking is very simmilar, so i put that here too and it's another example to give a control to owner,
that doesn't mean that i like idea of chat blocking, i just had need more examples,

And you didn't undertand last example, - I said some commands, but i hadn't written which ones
I didn't said to make possible to block all commands, it's just example

(huh, maybe i should add to examples possibility to block inspect tool..., that would be better option than only blocking block ID's, and probably easier...)

But you said commands, but there are hardly any commands a normal player can do. Like obviously /report won't ever be blocked but if you do /help most commands don't do anything bad to cheat in the world or something. And blocking /pm is pretty dumb in my opinion because if you wanna tell someone something you have to leave that world or open another tab, have them do the same, then say your message, and maybe lose connection because of lag, making you start over or like some people you get kicked for being afk. There is literally no use for the other commands that could break the world or spoil something or whatever, so that is kinda dumb. That would only work for crew members, but you can modify their ranks so they also ca't use /kick and /save for example.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:
mikelolsuperman1536330195723623

Board footer