Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 22:16:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Invisible Effects

- bUt ThIs CaN bE aBuSeD!!!

I don't care. No one likes the appearance of effects. The only reason they need a graphic in the first place is to distinguish them from one another and to show where they are. But if you can clearly insinuate where they'd be with, for example, much nicer looking backgrounds, then why do they need their own ugly **** graphic making the in-game art look ****?

Sure, noobs are going to make **** worlds with this. But noobs will make **** worlds anyway. Just don't play them and let them have fun with their noobery. On the other hand, better world makers can make some really cool concepts without having to sacrifice in-game art. Besides, you can still see your effects in the top left.

What can this be used for? Basically anything normal effects are used for without the **** graphics. Nicer looking water with limited air supply. Anti-gravity zones that aren't bordered with ugly yellow. Safe zones without an intruding red. Ever have zones where you have multiple effects given to you at once? Well then you'll know how ugly the entrances and exits to those zones are. And I'm sure invisible effects will inspire concepts that use their invisibility to create something creative and unique.

So why not?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2018-09-08 22:25:38

peace

Re: Invisible Effects

atleast make clesr you will get an effect and not that you out of nowhere get an effect but just a blcok whoign there is an effect commign the bclok itself shouldnt look ugly or make in game art igly

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#3 2018-09-08 22:29:48

Trytu

mutantdevle wrote:

I don't care. No one likes the appearance of effects. The only reason they need a graphic in the first place is to distinguish them from one another and to show where they are. But if you can clearly insinuate where they'd be with, for example, much nicer looking backgrounds, then why do they need their own ugly **** graphic making the in-game art look ****?

Sure, noobs are going to make **** worlds with this. But noobs will make **** worlds anyway. Just don't play them and let them have fun with their noobery. On the other hand, better world makers can make some really cool concepts without having to sacrifice in-game art. Besides, you can still see your effects in the top left.

What can this be used for? Basically anything normal effects are used for without the **** graphics. Nicer looking water with limited air supply. Anti-gravity zones that aren't bordered with ugly yellow. Safe zones without an intruding red. Ever have zones where you have multiple effects given to you at once? Well then you'll know how ugly the entrances and exits to those zones are. And I'm sure invisible effects will inspire concepts that use their invisibility to create something creative and unique.

So why not?

nice suggestion, but still you always can put invisible portals and sacrifice some space

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-09-09 01:34:39

mikelolsuperman
Website

Well then why not make invisible signs, npcs, ice blocks, one-ways, half blocks, decorations, decorations that overlap and hide the smiley, boosts, trophies, reset points, world portals, spikes, lava, mud, water, toxic, godmode blocks, crowns, keys, key doors, key gates, gold doors, gold gates, timed doors, timed gates, teams, team doors, team gates, zombie doors, zombie gates, death doors and death gates. I don't get why there should be invisible effects. Just use invisible portals and place them outside the map and disable minimap if you find blocks of portals ugly. If we add invisible teams why not make everything above because people might not want it. What about even an invisible smiley. Like you can just be a username.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#5 2018-09-09 04:31:01

CaRmAgE

Well, I could see them doing this with EEU, where you could combine it with any decoration to turn them into power-ups of sorts, which would be pretty cool.

#6 2018-09-09 04:35:00

azurepudding

mikelolsuperman wrote:

Well then why not make invisible signs, npcs, ice blocks, one-ways, half blocks, decorations, decorations that overlap and hide the smiley, boosts, trophies, reset points, world portals, spikes, lava, mud, water, toxic, godmode blocks, crowns, keys, key doors, key gates, gold doors, gold gates, timed doors, timed gates, teams, team doors, team gates, zombie doors, zombie gates, death doors and death gates. I don't get why there should be invisible effects. Just use invisible portals and place them outside the map and disable minimap if you find blocks of portals ugly. If we add invisible teams why not make everything above because people might not want it. What about even an invisible smiley. Like you can just be a username.

A lot of these actually sound pretty great tbh.  I've been wanting invisible one ways for awhile now.  I don't really like the look of cloud blocks so I often use a lighter blue bg as them, but then I need to put invis blocks on them.  but it looks wrong to headbonk a cloud from the bottom and fall.  I'd like to be able to leap up and land on a cloud.

When you pass over invis gravity, it temporarily shows up as a gray arrow and fades, so I imagine invis boosts to act the same, and as for effects.. since they're color coded, have them briefly appear as their normal color before fading.  How's that?

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#7 2018-09-09 06:26:59

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

would lead to invisible efect spams by noobs as we al know nobs like to spam

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#8 2018-09-09 06:40:16

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

Oh damn, I love this sub-title, saying exactly why many ideas, good ideas haven't been added in the game, because of course there are players in EE, staff too, who think that just because there are people who can do something bad, it's normal to prevent others from doing something good.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

#9 2018-09-09 08:50:42

Onjit
Website

Or you could just get over yourself and build within the limitations of the game?

I've seen suggestions like this for years - from "I have a specific use for something that would be slightly easier if the devs added a separate feature" to "just make it an option it's not that hard" - and at the same time people complain that the game is bloated and confusing.

Not every problem needs to have a separate solution built into the game. Sometimes clarity in function is greater than aesthetics in in-game art.

And before you start jerking yourself off over the whole "bUt ThIs CaN bE aBuSeD!!!" thing, have some introspection and realise just how much of a **** **** you sound like in your entire OP. Your idea isn't special, you aren't special, and to use this nonsense to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#10 2018-09-09 09:10:01, last edited by MWstudios (2018-09-09 09:10:30)

MWstudios

mikelolsuperman wrote:

Well then why not make invisible signs, npcs, ice blocks, one-ways, half blocks, decorations, decorations that overlap and hide the smiley, boosts, trophies, reset points, world portals, spikes, lava, mud, water, toxic, godmode blocks, crowns, keys, key doors, key gates, gold doors, gold gates, timed doors, timed gates, teams, team doors, team gates, zombie doors, zombie gates, death doors and death gates.

Zzi4Wfo.png
You won't believe it but this is an actual level, just invisible

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#11 2018-09-09 09:44:25

Luka504

Onjit wrote:

And before you start jerking yourself off over the whole "bUt ThIs CaN bE aBuSeD!!!" thing, have some introspection and realise just how much of a **** **** you sound like in your entire OP. Your idea isn't special, you aren't special, and to use this nonsense to suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Okay you might be overreacting here. I don't mind criticizing a suggestion because you don't like it but this is leaning a bit on the personal side.

On-topic: I'm not sure how I feel about this suggestion.
On one hand, I can see people using invisible effects to make really cool gimmicks and levels.
But on the other hand, I feel like this suggestion is really situational. I can't think of too many instances where invisible effects can be used in a way that you cannot use regular effects for, other than "It'd look slightly nicer".

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#12 2018-09-09 18:32:08

mikelolsuperman
Website

MWstudios wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

Well then why not make invisible signs, npcs, ice blocks, one-ways, half blocks, decorations, decorations that overlap and hide the smiley, boosts, trophies, reset points, world portals, spikes, lava, mud, water, toxic, godmode blocks, crowns, keys, key doors, key gates, gold doors, gold gates, timed doors, timed gates, teams, team doors, team gates, zombie doors, zombie gates, death doors and death gates.

https://imgur.com/Zzi4Wfo.png
You won't believe it but this is an actual level, just invisible

I see, that would be a literal thing probably at some point.

azurepudding wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

A lot of these actually sound pretty great tbh.  I've been wanting invisible one ways for awhile now.  I don't really like the look of cloud blocks so I often use a lighter blue bg as them, but then I need to put invis blocks on them.  but it looks wrong to headbonk a cloud from the bottom and fall.  I'd like to be able to leap up and land on a cloud.

When you pass over invis gravity, it temporarily shows up as a gray arrow and fades, so I imagine invis boosts to act the same, and as for effects.. since they're color coded, have them briefly appear as their normal color before fading.  How's that?

That is why I said that, I've wanted invisible boosts or barely noticable boosts (For example old boost graphics with sand background) to make like a pretty hidden thing. So I was like 'why only effects' because there can be a lot of potential for the stuff I listed. Some are insane but that's because I find invisible effects kinda weird.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#13 2018-09-09 19:26:57

azurepudding

Onjit wrote:

Or you could just get over yourself and build within the limitations of the game?

this is kinda the point of a suggestion, to bring forth an idea as the lack of it is currently a limitation.

Onjit wrote:

I've seen suggestions like this for years - from "I have a specific use for something that would be slightly easier if the devs added a separate feature" to "just make it an option it's not that hard" - and at the same time people complain that the game is bloated and confusing.

I don't recall seeing anyone complain about the game being confusing as it's pretty straight forward, but shrug.

Onjit wrote:

Not every problem needs to have a separate solution built into the game. Sometimes clarity in function is greater than aesthetics in in-game art.

Not every problem NEEDS a solution, but as you have addressed it as a problem, it'd be nice to have a solution.  no need to get so grumpy here, it's just a simple suggestion that started out with a common counter which he proceeded to counter itself, to avoid the usually inevitable.

Azure2.png

#14 2018-09-10 04:58:16

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

when you have a bunch of realy good effect and theres an arrow pointing to the hole. When you jumped in the hole all your effects got removed andd you are teleported to a sign that says: GET REKT NOOB then you ragequit. troling is definately something people can do

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#15 2018-09-10 05:07:12

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

Onjit wrote:

oh yeh this idea is working great for the game in the last 3 years

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Yonanoke1536552432723965

Board footer