Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-09 22:57:49

peace

are fourm mods/admins allowed to go offtopic and ssay: 'moved to x'

this is an actulay question that has goign on my midn are mods allowed to just say little thigns as moved to or so when they move a topic i mean they then go oftopic for an post in my opinion mods shoudl alway ssay somthign when moving or locking so we know the reason but i think they hsould contrtirbute ot the top0ic aswell exept to warn people in general to stay ontopic

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#2 2019-03-09 23:15:15

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: are fourm mods/admins allowed to go offtopic and ssay: 'moved to x'

yes they are

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#3 2019-03-09 23:47:29

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

if they didn't give an explanation, i think that some users would be confused when they see their topic in a different place than where they posted it.

Wooted by:

#4 2019-03-10 01:34:34

mikelolsuperman
Website

eleizibeth wrote:

if they didn't give an explanation, i think that some users would be confused when they see their topic in a different place than where they posted it.

Yeah they should send a message to you about where it got moved to or why it got deleted because one time I had a topic of mine in Questions & Answers and it got moved to game discussions or something and I couldn't find it because I had no new posts on it so I didn't open it untill later.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#5 2019-03-10 02:10:44

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

As Mike said, the “Moved to XYZ” notification is so that people see a new post and visit that subforum (or thread, if merging) and find out that it’s been moved.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#6 2019-03-10 02:53:32

mikelolsuperman
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

As Mike said, the “Moved to XYZ” notification is so that people see a new post and visit that subforum (or thread, if merging) and find out that it’s been moved.

So that's already a thing? Good because it would be pretty confusing for some people if their post suddenly is gone and they can't find it for a while.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#7 2019-03-10 11:01:12

peace

eleizibeth wrote:

peace wrote:

in my opinion mods shoudl alway ssay somthign when moving or locking so we know the reason

Tomahawk wrote:

this is turue but i wzas curious since you then go offtopic for 1 post and offtopic is theoretically against the rules i wouldve just tire dot put efor tin the topic aswell  but thats me

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2019-03-10 11:04:19

Anatoly

It’s on topic: It explains the behavior of the topic itself. E.g. moving Q&A to FD explains that it’s a forum question.

Anatoly1552212259742294

Board footer