Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-07 01:23:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pleasing words

What words/phrases/combination of words (no matter how nonsensical) do you find to be fun to say or audibly pleasing to hear?

I've been collecting a list of words/phrases for a while with the intention of turning them into a poem that doesn't make any literary sense but instead is just overall satisfying to read/listen to. But since I only add to it when I hear things that I think are worth adding, progress is slow. So I'd appreciate people's suggestions on sounds they like to hear //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2019-05-07 01:34:36, last edited by Minimania (2019-05-07 01:35:04)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Pleasing words

I'll spare you the collection of self-detriment and go with simply, dig bick

yes, dig

bick

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-05-07 07:44:01

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Years ago me and Ipwner was working on a level on EE. It was a quiet moment when suddenly a moderately popular individual entered the world. I can’t really remember his name, but what he said is more important. As he just had entered the level he said "still better".
We were confused by this, none of us had seen this individual or even talked to him before. After 20 seconds of confusion he said "nothing" then left the world. It was such a weird and odd moment that it became a sort of inside joke between me and Ipwner. We would enter random boring worlds and say "still better"... "nothing" then immidiately leave in unison. I still laugh to this day when saying the phraze "Still better - nothing" it’s such a meaningless but fun thing to say.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#4 2019-05-07 11:09:59

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

BMBM

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#5 2019-05-07 14:24:51

Koya
Fabulous Member

Indubitably

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#6 2019-05-07 14:50:58

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

ultranoumper zolckint

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

rat

#7 2019-05-07 16:19:27, last edited by Raphe9000 (2019-05-07 16:27:15)

Raphe9000

To some people, '****' is very pleasing. I like 'moi' a lot, but I won't include it since people seemingly think I'm strange for that. 'Ciel' is nice, but it's not used in English for anything. 'Ohayo' is my favorite Japanese word, but Americans will get it confused with Ohio... I'll only include things that can be used in English in at least one form.

My personal favorites off the top of my head are:

• Thistledown (If the alveolar stop breaks the flow of the word for you, plain 'Thistle' also sounds very nice)

• Repertoire

• Kugelblitz (Kinda depends on if you like German, but it shares the status of my favorite word in English with 'Thistledown' and 'Repertoire')

• Bliss

• Elation (or 'Elated'; the frequency of this word makes it sound better to me than 'Relation' and 'Related', so take this one with a grain of salt)

• Rapture

• Ecstasy (the word for happy/happiness I use the most of all four of these, but beware that people may mishear it as Ectasy)

• Childlike Empress (from Neverending Story but just an amazing combination of words)

• Suave

• Discord/Discourse (I like saying discourses)

• Cataclysmic (Cataclysm itself sounds good too)

• Catalyst ('Catalyzer' is good too; anything doing with 'Catalyze' is good, notably 'Catalyzation')

• Calamitous (or 'Calamity', but I like 'Calamitous' more)

• Benevolent

• Æsthesis (Æsthetic is not as good but still nice sounding)

• Lexicon

• Theorem

• Algorithmic (better than 'Algorithm' in my opinion)

• Æther (I like 'Æthereal' a lot too, but you'll see it as 'Ethereal' more. I actually pronounce the 'Æ' as 'eɪ' in this one because I like the sound more)

• Serene (or Serenity)

• Persuade, Dissuade (or 'Persuasion' and 'Dissuasion')

• Imperative (or Latin 'Imperator')

• Sinister (Latin's Dexter is pretty good too. The superlatives, Dexterrimus and Sinisterrimus sound amazing, but I don't know if they were used. I recommend a trill for those too)

• Lætificate (especially if the 'Æ' is pronounced like 'aɪ'; anything related to Latin 'lætus' sounds amazing to me)

• Bella (especially with a Classical Latin accent, purposely made a bit more dramatic; it sadly is only really used as a name in English)

• Amorous (I like French 'amour' and Latin 'amare' and 'amor' a lot too. 'L'amour' sounds amazing to me)

Edit: I personally also love -punk words. Steampunk and Dieselpunk are pretty good, but Cyberpunk sounds amazing. If you wanna get into crazier territories, Postcyberpunk and Mythpunk both tickle my fancy phonetically.

#8 2019-05-07 16:43:29

ASDruska

anything in arnold schwarzenegger's accent

try to make a sentence that isn't pleasing with his accent

cringe ^
based v

#9 2019-05-07 17:06:01

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Raphe9000 wrote:

Ohayo' is my favorite Japanese word

My favourite to say aloud is "maaiiya" (まあいいや)

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#10 2019-05-08 16:21:50

Raphe9000

I just wanna add a bit more to this topic:

If you want to search for more words that sound good, I recommend you look for words with Wa, L, and Th. They sound very pleasing to my ear at least. With sounds that are fun to say, I recommend Wa, L, Oi (as in ɔɪ), K, Y (as in j), and the alveolar trill (typically rr in Latin and Spanish).
I've thought about creating a constructed language based entirely on the dactylic meter that has fun sounds, 3 syllables per word when inflection is included, primary stress, and a lack of stops except for bilabial ones (to maintain a flow), but I'm too busy (and should be working right now). I think it would probably sound really nice and hypnotic though if not a bit cultish.

I also mostly said words that sound good. If you want some more that are kinda fun to say, I like to say 'moist', and 'flan', but I generally don't say 'moist' because I get strange looks from people...

Wooted by:

#11 2019-05-08 16:33:11

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Everything Turewjyg says

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#12 2019-05-11 12:49:51

HeyNK

"Anime" - but in the way that the Japanese TTS bots on twitch say it.

#13 2019-05-11 12:51:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

¿Como se llama tú mamá?

rolls off the tongue really nicely for me

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#14 2019-05-11 17:50:11

coinage

Yo what's good

eyeofdarkness_coinage_sig.gif
                                                                          --- made by EyeOfDarkness#0350 ---

Wooted by:

#15 2019-05-11 17:56:05

ASDruska

braaaains
brainssss
the way the organism that named one self that uses the vocal chords to pronounce its own name

cringe ^
based v

Wooted by:

#16 2019-05-12 02:30:21, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-05-12 02:37:45)

XxAtillaxX

sanctimonious

definition: making a show of being morally superior to other people.
A relatively smooth and velvety word that comes across as a bit prestigious without being excessively pompous.

fastidious

definition: very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail.
I first learned of this word from Killer Queen and it's one of those words that should be used in place of another; in this instance, OCD.

sesquicentennial

definition: relating to the one-hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary of a significant event.
I would describe it as very regal and something that sounds very important irrespective of the definition.

taikatalvi

definition: magical winter (semi-literal translation)
A Finnish word that sounds very nice when spoken and conveys a pretty scene. A Nightwish song, one of my favourites.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (5)
XxAtillaxX1557624621749649

Board footer