Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-09 18:45:20, last edited by Anatoly (2019-08-09 19:41:41)

Anatoly

Plenty' O Suggestions

Since the reputation system showed it's negative result, I am suggesting the Like System. I'll get to that later, firstly, Tags:

Tags System

Pretty self explainable, huh? Let me better explain Like System:

Like System

You can woot posts, but you can like users. Reputation will be the a calculation between total likes, total amount of topics, total amount of woots and the new - how many flags where accepted by moderators (if you flag a post and it is to be done, you get a plus point). Now, not just wooting a post, you can also vote posts and it's up to you whether or not it should be displayed. You now will be able to sort all the topics in suggestions by votes. It's simple - suggestions that people want are voted positively, others are not. Wooting is indifferent to voting, since woots are only people who support, and votes are like real votes - if you think this post is useful, vote up, otherwise vote down.

REPUTATION = LIKES + floor(0.01 * POSTS_TOTAL) + floor(0.05 * (WOOTS + 0.5 * VOTES_TOTAL)) + FLAGS_ACCEPTED - 2 * TOTAL_WARN_POINTS

Upon reaching a reputation of 100

Milestones:

• 0 reputation points

• No avatar

• No signature

• Only 25 posts per day

• Only 5 flags per day

• Restricted BBCode: Markup tags, excluded URL and IMG. URLs will have to be raw, so spambots won't cheat us

• Wooting and liking disabled

• Time between posts - 20 minutes

• Daily woots limit: 20 woots

• Post limit 2500 characters (I don't know how much worth this is).

• You now get the 'New Member' title

• 5 RP

• Having an avatar is allowed

• No signature

• Only 30 posts per day

• Only 10 flags per day

• No Restricted BBCode: All tags

• Wooting enabled, liking disabled

• Time between posts - 10 minutes

• Daily woots limit: 30 woots

• Post limit 5000 characters.

• You now get the 'Member' title

• 10 RP

• Only 40 posts per day

• Only 15 flags per day

• Wooting and liking enabled

• Time between posts - 5 minutes

• Daily woots limit: 40 woots

• You can now create one poll and have it in your topic.

• 20 RP

• Only 50 posts per day

• Only 20 flags per day

• Time between posts - 2 minutes

• Daily woots limit: 60 woots

• Locking your own topic is now possible.

• ONLY NOW you can see the user list.

• You can view answers of a poll without having to answer it at first.

• You can now create at high three polls and have them in your topic.

• Post limit 10000 characters.

• 50 RP

• Only 70 posts per day

• Unrestricted flagging

• Time between posts - 1 minute

• Daily woots limit: 100 woots

• Creating new tags: With less than 50 RP you can only use tags (suggestion above) that already exist

• Moving your own topic (to another category) is now possible.

• You are now able to see all online users (even if their status is 'hidden').

• Activating the raid alarm requires now only you and a second user (with any reputation).

• Attachments: Instead of uploading to imgur or to discord, upload images directly and use them in the post.

• You can now have as much polls as you want in your topic.

• Absolute post limit... and that is?

• You can see who has responded to a poll, but you won't be given his answers.

• You can now mark topics: Marked topics (marked because of no discussion, non-sense), are topics that receive a banner after the first post mentioning that the discussion has been marked and will be managed by a moderator whenever he comes online, but the topic won't have real changes to it.

• You now get the 'Full Member' title

• 100 RP

• Unrestricted amount of posts per day

• No restricted woots.

• No time between posts

• * Moving topics of other users is now possible. (Counts as flag that automatically gets fulfilled at first, a moderator may then approve it and give +1 flags accepted, or deny it and -1 flags accepted, as you now have access to moderation tools)

• Using the HTML tag is now possible.

• You can now moderate connections between tags: Helping to update the forums search engine, you'll now will be able to connect tags: You won't change the tags itself, only group the similar ones. (Examples: Group: World (Tag: level, Tag: ban, Tag: ...), Group: Suggestion (Tag: graphic, ...), ... )

• You can only moderate users who have 75 and less reputation.

• You post in anonymous topic without being anonymised.

• You're now displayed in the new Moderators group: The group 'Moderators' is basically the button to display all users who have the least ability to moderate: Reputation more than 100.

• 200 RP

• * Locking topics of other users is now possible.

• * Editing posts of other users is now possible. (You can see what has changed in the post like in stack exchange, GitHub when committing)

• You cannot edit polls, you can only delete them.

• The raid alarm can be started by you with one button click.

• Permission to talk in Mod Discussion (Sub-Council: Only one vote per votes)

• * Set post as 'falling': It won't be bumped by new posts.

• * Edit other peoples' avatar and signatures.

• You can now delete, rename tags.

• You can only moderate users who have 150 and less reputation.

• You now get the 'Community Moderator' title

• 300 RP

• * Deleting post of other users is now possible.

• * Editing polls is now possible.

• * You can now disable the raid alarm.

• (Un-)Sticky topics (if they weren't stocked or un-sticked by a real moderator earlier)

• You can see the real users in anonymous topics

• You can only moderate users who have 275 and less reputation.

• 400 RP

• Edit, create announcements (help diff :)

• You can only moderate users who have 375 and less reputation.

• You now get the 'High Community Moderator' title

• 500 RP

• 'Banning users possible': Users won't be banned, only their posts will be hidden overall on the forums (like in a raid alarm: Use only according to the rules, otherwise banned:) )

• Access to site analytics: Amount of visitors per day, etc., access to the email of every account

• You can only moderate users who have 450 and less reputation.

* This features can be only used if members who you are moderating have less reputation than you (values are given.)

Every time you flag a topic to move, the flag only counts as half, if the post has breaks the rules or the topic must be locked, it counts as full flag, every time you flag raiders, you get 3 flags. This will motivate people to actually follow the rules and help every moderator by flagging.

Users can still be taken this features if their behaviour is not fitting (but everyone shall have a try) and they abuse it.

I will put more effort in my posts if this will be a thing.

Friendship

Likes also work as friendship. If two users liked each other, then on their profile their displayed as friends. You can now set whether or not only friends can PM you. You can also say whether or not you want to show your friends. (But they'll know it if you liked them).

Polls
[POLL=id]

You can start polls after reaching 10 reputation points, a poll has a question, and multiple answers, you can decide if multiple answers be able to be selected, or only one, or up to two, you can decide if answers are only visible after or also before participation. You cannot edit polls even if you have created them. If you don't yet received the rank and edit your poll, all the answers will be cleared.

Time Tag
[TIME=utc_timestamp]
[BEFORE]You can signup until 13th of July.[/BEFORE]
[AFTER]Signups are closed, deadline is met.[/AFTER]
[/TIME]

will output a small box, where the time is automatically displayed.

Comments

Like on youtube, like on stack, like actually everywhere, why having a such large box for a such small reply? Comments'll fix this! You can comment to any post/topic, and it will output in a small sub-comment, no large posts, woots aren't displayed as a list of users, but as a number, no votes on comments.

#2 2019-08-09 19:27:56

mikelolsuperman
Website

Re: Plenty' O Suggestions

Why do we need a like system that makes it so you first have to somehow (didn't bother reading all of it since I already don't want the first thing) get 20 reputation to atleast get a bit? What will this do for us other than make the forums more dead because people don't have enough reputation to even have a profile pic. If 5 posts a day for new members includes replies to other people you might aswell not use the forums because you can't do anything on it untill you get reputation from being super active (posting 5 times) for a while.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#3 2019-08-09 19:37:36, last edited by Anatoly (2019-08-09 19:40:31)

Anatoly

mikelolsuperman wrote:

Why do we need a like system that makes it so you first have to somehow (didn't bother reading all of it since I already don't want the first thing) get 20 reputation to atleast get a bit? What will this do for us other than make the forums more dead because people don't have enough reputation to even have a profile pic. If 5 posts a day for new members includes replies to other people you might aswell not use the forums because you can't do anything on it untill you get reputation from being super active (posting 5 times) for a while.

Chill. 5 reputation is easy to get according to the system linked. Maybe we can just remove some of the restrictions against spambots, like increase the post limit, but do you think a new user will post more than 3 useful replies on a day? Most of them were spam "cool I like it."

edit: updated posts count, you're right, 5 is a bit too less.

edit2: point of the topic is actually trust in users, e.g.

mikelolsuperman wrote:

(didn't bother reading all of it since I already don't want the first thing)

why responding to a topic you haven't read properly?

#4 2019-08-09 20:01:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I really detest forums that disable profile pictures and etc until having had enough posts. I usually devolve into posting 10-20 completely stupid **** just to unlock the feature.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#5 2019-08-09 20:35:44, last edited by Blackmask (2019-08-09 20:36:04)

Blackmask

This will just bring sh**posting/spamming

Wooted by:

#6 2019-08-09 21:21:04

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:

Since the reputation system showed it's negative result

Disagree.
I, for one, really enjoyed the reputation system and found it to be very fun to use //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

Anatoly wrote:

Now, not just wooting a post, you can also vote posts and it's up to you whether or not it should be displayed. You now will be able to sort all the topics in suggestions by votes. It's simple - suggestions that people want are voted positively, others are not. Wooting is indifferent to voting, since woots are only people who support, and votes are like real votes - if you think this post is useful, vote up, otherwise vote down.

You know that's going to hit you in the back, right?

Anatoly wrote:

REPUTATION = LIKES + floor(0.01 * POSTS_TOTAL) + floor(0.05 * (WOOTS + 0.5 * VOTES_TOTAL)) + FLAGS_ACCEPTED - 2 * TOTAL_WARN_POINTS

Needlessly overcomplicated for these forums
You're not designing an RPG where each parameter has to be balanced and fine tuned

Anatoly wrote:

No avatar
No signature

Why?

Anatoly wrote:

Wooting and liking disabled

Great

Anatoly wrote:

Only 25 posts per day

Why???
On one had, why impose a limit on posts per day? If people have something useful to post, let them.
On other hand, do you seriously think that someone that isn't deliberately trying to spam the forums (and therefore is going to get warned/banned anyway) is going to hit this limit? I really doubt that even among the spam bots many would have reached this limit.
Limits to flags per day are even more pointless

Anatoly wrote:

ONLY NOW you can see the user list.

Why impose a restriction on viewing the user list??????

Moderation related "abilities": Big no. Even though I'm not a fan of the current forum staff and some of their decisions, moderating should be done by moderators and not by plebeians

Anatoly wrote:

I will put more effort in my posts if this will be a thing.

lmfao
Are you bargaining?

Anatoly wrote:

Friendship

I can fancy a friendship system but why not separate it from likes and make it friend request based

Anatoly wrote:

Polls

Suggested before, look up the old threads

Anatoly wrote:

Time Tag

www.timeanddate.com
You're welcome

Anatoly wrote:

Comments
Like on youtube, like on stack,

YouTube is a video platform
StackOverflow is a Q&A platform
You're on forums

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#7 2019-08-09 21:46:05

Different55
Forum Admin

Imo that like system takes the bad bits of StackExchange and makes them worse by making them popularity based instead of """merit""" based. No point in restricting arbitrary features, that's SE's weak attempt at trying to avoid moderating, we have staff here who can keep up with the activity. Trust-based systems for giving additional powers has always been a neat idea but for here, again, we have staff who can keep up with the pace of the forums. Also since it's popularity based instead of trust based, you can guarantee the forums would almost instantly fall into anarchy lol.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Different551565383565758406

Board footer