Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-12 01:08:13

Bry10022

Maybe the High Gravity option under Low Gravity?

I know Low Gravity exists, but I wonder if it is possible to implement High Gravity as an effect?
Like that the Low Gravity effect lowers Gravity, but what about the option to have High Gravity, which should increase the Gravity?
(I wasn't able to use img tags at the time, so I can't provide what it would look like)

Bry10022Siggy.gif
Thanks to Raphe9000 for telling me about Universal Sig rotator.
Hello! I am Bry10022. I play Everybody Edits, GrowTopia, and Minecraft…

#2 2019-11-12 01:18:41

NoNK

Re: Maybe the High Gravity option under Low Gravity?

low jump

#3 2019-11-12 03:25:38

Minerdwarf11

Sure low jump works, but it's not the same as high gravity. High gravity makes it so one falls faster than normal, and low jump doesn't do that.

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-11-12 08:29:23

peace

nice suggetsion btu somethign for EEU i asume im nto suree if they add all effects back  hopwe they do and that they add more such as high grav.

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2019-11-12 14:50:54, last edited by ILikeTofuuJoe (2019-11-12 14:56:39)

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

This suggestion was posted posted before and then it got ignored by the staff…… Maybe you could post this on the Discord channel?

Edit:
Since the low gravity effect is like 0.25x gravity, maybe high gravity should be 4xg gravity, and then the player would fall as if they were on a boost. Although with the high gravity effect the smiley would only be able to jump seven eighh of a block high, but it's worth sacrificing the jump. Also if you combined this with low jump, the smiley would only be able to bouncce on the ground lol.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#6 2019-11-12 16:56:28

peace

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Also if you combined this with low jump, the smiley would only be able to bouncce on the ground lol.

add zombie effect //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

peace.png

#7 2019-11-12 19:06:25

Bry10022

Also, The High Gravity and Low Gravity should Conflict Each other. (i.e. If you get Low Gravity, it should overwrite the High Gravity you currently are under effect and vice Versa)
Plus option to set How much gravity (i.e. …0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0, 4.0…)

Bry10022Siggy.gif

#8 2019-11-12 20:06:58

Trytu

Bry10022 wrote:

Also, The High Gravity and Low Gravity should Conflict Each other. (i.e. If you get Low Gravity, it should overwrite the High Gravity you currently are under effect and vice Versa)
Plus option to set How much gravity (i.e. …0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0, 4.0…)

it's normal in current ee for all effects, but i think there will be only 3 options (like for other effects), that mean high, normal and low
btw the high gravity wasn't added, because it was highly not useful (through your jump was so small), and it probably would break the speed limit (the speed where the player move so fast, it goes through the full block), and that would be bad,
idk if ee has problem with max speed, if it doesn't, ignore my last argument

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#9 2019-11-12 20:30:44

peace

trytue imagine hihg grav+low jump+zombie https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

peace.png

#10 2019-11-12 20:53:31, last edited by Trytu (2019-11-13 14:37:33)

Trytu

peace wrote:

trytue imagine hihg grav+low jump+zombie https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

imagined, isn't able to swim in the mud, nor sink in the watter, cannot jump (except above hole 1x1), even on half blocks, the only way to "jump" is to stand on the arrow, that boost the player for very short moment, then makes him boost down, can be useful in systems, through you fall faster than normal, so your speed between boosts doesn't decrase as much,
still, normal speed decrasation after 3 blocks gap between boosts isn't very time consuming in the comparation of higher gravity 3 blocks gab between boosts (it saves not worth amount of time)

player that gets high gravity effect, isn't able to use fly effect succefully, and it only makes him stay on the same hight if not just slightly slower falling, (that would be interesting feature)
still the idea don't gives us so much complexity in level building than other effects, it has some features, but doesn't give enough many

4puJMaQ.png
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

#11 2019-11-13 00:22:49

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Trytu wrote:
peace wrote:

imagined, isn't able to swim in the mud, nor sin in the watterr, cannot jump (except above hole 1x1), even on half blocks, the only way to "jump" is to stand on the arrow, that boost the player for very short moment, then makes him boost down, can be useful in systems, through you fall faster than normal, so your speed between boosts doesn't decrase as much,
still, normal speed decrasation after 3 blocks gap between boosts isn't very time consuming in the comparation of higher gravity 3 blocks gab between boosts (it saves not worth amount of time)

player that gets high gravity effect, isn't able to use fly effect succefully, and it only makes him stay on the same hight if not just slightly slower falling, (that would be interesting feature)
still the idea don't gives us so much complexity in level building than other effects, it has some features, but doesn't give enough many

And then it would turn into a "so-fat-that-cant't-swim smiley"

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#12 2019-11-13 01:05:08

Minerdwarf11

I wonder if quicksand will be a thing. Hmm

#13 2019-11-13 02:08:38

Bry10022

Minerdwarf11 wrote:

I wonder if quicksand will be a thing. Hmm

It should be a thing in EEU at least.

On a tangent: How many posts do you have to make before you become a member?

Bry10022Siggy.gif

#14 2019-11-13 13:37:00

Minerdwarf11

No clue bry, but now imagine what peace said and add quicksand XD. But I can see why they didnt really do high gravity, there really isn't much to jump over with it. If combined with high jump, then it'll be the normal jump height but with increased fall speed, which can make for serious game changing minigames. And quicksand can be it's own topic

#15 2019-11-13 14:45:35

Trytu

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

And then it would turn into a "so-fat-that-cant't-swim-dive smiley"

i made a small typo
btw remember that watter has makes you go up, not down, so you cannot sink

btw i think i found the way to use high gravity effect:
imagine you have non gravity effect
but as normal, gravity arrows still affect you, and there high gravity effect appear, that can make "non gravity effect" minis more complex

4puJMaQ.png

#16 2019-11-13 15:03:15

Minerdwarf11

Oh yea, you're right. Arrows will still affect the players as normal, the players will just fall faster, making so that some arrow jumps become more difficult as the window to do things will be smaller. What about down arrows? Will they affect anything at all? Or slow down the player to the normal gravity,  although nevermind as the down arrow doesnt do anything to low gravity (although I believe it should)

#17 2019-11-13 16:30:41

peace

arrows would go faster as the gravity flips when oyu hit an arrow

peace.png

#18 2019-11-13 17:21:15

Minerdwarf11

The down arrow should represent the normal gravity. No matter the effect on the player. (Of course when the player changes orientation, the "down" arrow changes too)

#19 2019-11-13 18:36:31

Trytu

Minerdwarf11 wrote:

Oh yea, you're right. Arrows will still affect the players as normal, the players will just fall faster, making so that some arrow jumps become more difficult as the window to do things will be smaller

what are you saying about... i was saying about non gravity effect, and you say about falling, jumping and that arrows works normal...
i'd said arrows affect player as normal but thier acceleration to the player would be higher (just like opposite to low gravity)

Minerdwarf11 wrote:

What about down arrows? Will they affect anything at all? Or slow down the player to the normal gravity,  although nevermind as the down arrow doesnt do anything to low gravity (although I believe it should)

like i'll say below, they do affect the player, but only when has directional gravity effect, that change the "blank" gravity direction from down to up, left, right, or none.
if low gravity effect affect gravity, all gravity arrows are affected in the same way, that mean even down arrows do thier job gentler

Minerdwarf11 wrote:

The down arrow should represent the normal gravity. No matter the effect on the player. (Of course when the player changes orientation, the "down" arrow changes too)

i thinik you don't know how "change gravity direction" effect does work
blank gravity - if you haven't any effect it makes you fall down, if you have direction gravity effect, it have the gravity effect direction or small dot plysics if there is "none gravity" effect
right gravity arrow - makes you move right by adding right velocity to the player unless you have god mode
left gravity arrow - makes you move left by adding left velocity to the player unless you have god mode
up gravity arrow - makes you move up by adding up velocity to the player unless you have god mode
down gravity arrow - makes you move down by adding down velocity to the player unless you have god mode, even if you have (not down) gravity effect
dot - makes you float with very small space resistance being able to move in all directions just by pressing move keys just like you would have god mode, but blocks affect you, you cannot jump when you're on this action block, nor jump when you're on the gravity effect
big dot, ladder, vines, metal ladder, other climbables - same effect like dot, but has higher air resistance

of course when you have left gravity effect, left arrows doesn't affect you, but down arrows does..
so your idea have no sense through down arrows have important features, but they doesn't works like you think
they won't make you fall faster, they just change direction of your move to down, just like other gravity arrows, if you want to see how do down gravity arrow works, try to change your gravity effect

i think you didn't bought "change direction of gravity" effect, through you don't know how it work

4puJMaQ.png

#20 2019-11-13 19:11:51

Minerdwarf11

But were you talking about the arrows or the gravity effect changer in the first one, the yellow circle one? I'm not sure what they are called, I think we just had a misunderstanding of which one we were talking about. Tbh I'm new to this level of forum talk, so idk much about what things are named here. =P To get things a little clearer (hopefully) I was thinking that the high gravity will act in the same way as the low gravity effect, the arrows will act normally. I'm just saying what if the arrows acted as if they were in the normal gravity, even if you had a different effect in place. So if I had low gravity and entered a box filled with down arrows, the gravity there would be the normal gravity.  I know that's not the case, but I havent said that clearly. Now the gravity changing effect thing can be used to change the smiley's orientation and it will act like normal. And if you can clarify, what's the non gravity effect? Is that when the gravity changer effect makes you float? I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your first post, and I interpreted it wrong I guess. So sorry about that.
TLDR, I didnt understand what you mean and oops

#21 2019-11-15 03:52:42

Bry10022

Minerdwarf11 wrote:

But were you talking about the arrows or the gravity effect changer in the first one, the yellow circle one? I'm not sure what they are called, I think we just had a misunderstanding of which one we were talking about. Tbh I'm new to this level of forum talk, so idk much about what things are named here. =P To get things a little clearer (hopefully) I was thinking that the high gravity will act in the same way as the low gravity effect, the arrows will act normally. I'm just saying what if the arrows acted as if they were in the normal gravity, even if you had a different effect in place. So if I had low gravity and entered a box filled with down arrows, the gravity there would be the normal gravity.  I know that's not the case, but I havent said that clearly. Now the gravity changing effect thing can be used to change the smiley's orientation and it will act like normal. And if you can clarify, what's the non gravity effect? Is that when the gravity changer effect makes you float? I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your first post, and I interpreted it wrong I guess. So sorry about that.
TLDR, I didnt understand what you mean and oops

I think the High Gravity'll overpower the Arrow's gravity…

Bry10022Siggy.gif

#22 2019-11-15 04:27:11

Minerdwarf11

Bry, it does, normally.  I'm talking about something I was just thinking of =p. In a world where the gravity arrows normalized the gravity.

Minerdwarf111573788431768118

Board footer