Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-12-13 07:58:16

Freckleface

Re: chess sign-ups and roles (accepting backups)

I cant read the rules but I sign up

F

#27 2019-12-13 08:25:17

Onjit
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I have a possibility of how to do Chess Mafia. I've been discussing it with some people to get feedback on it. And so far the only issue I'm having is probably one of the biggest aspects of it, which makes me question how well it'll work in general.

Mainly, the big issue is how the daytime systems will work. Because sure, I can make it work as a standard lynch, but with the way I want to run the nighttime systems, there are ways to exploit the system, and in a sense, it sort of makes the investigation aspect of it useless, or so I've been told.

lets have three chess mafia games in a row

mafia is dead
this is now a chess mafia forum

:.|:;

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2019-12-13 08:30:36

peace

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I have a possibility of how to do Chess Mafia. I've been discussing it with some people to get feedback on it. And so far the only issue I'm having is probably one of the biggest aspects of it, which makes me question how well it'll work in general.

Mainly, the big issue is how the daytime systems will work. Because sure, I can make it work as a standard lynch, but with the way I want to run the nighttime systems, there are ways to exploit the system, and in a sense, it sort of makes the investigation aspect of it useless, or so I've been told.

i was sleeping and i tougth about somethign aswell town=white mafia is balck (or vicevesta if yo think im discriinating whatever) each town member is an piece and there is alos a strong town memebr who can once move any piece of choice even the other teams one (need to think it through more) mafia can choose what to move since theyre in less peeps if youre eliminated your pice still stays on board to guard (i have to think if you are allowed to stand in chess wiht that piece or not since that piece cant move anymore if the exta twon memeber has used his ability) i alos have to think hwo to move but-...

wait screw this this would need to be obv who is the mafia if you play it reallife

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#29 2019-12-13 12:22:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I don't particurarly understand how this got so many signups, but since it did i guess i'm joining too so i don't feel left out.
Though i didn't really read the rules at all.

!Sign up

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#30 2019-12-13 13:20:09

Onjit
Website

rules: play chess

#31 2019-12-13 15:02:02

Minimania
Moderation Team

what the **** did I just get myself into

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#32 2019-12-13 16:22:16

peace

alos if been thinking of giving each teamits own PT but im tno sureif thats fun what do you guys thinnk?

also adding norweg to the signsups

peace.png

#33 2019-12-13 16:23:26

peace

hmm i have 10 players 2 teams of 5 sounds good so i'll accep backups nincase anyone has some personal issues and cant pay anynymore sinc ei dont know how long this will take

peace.png

#34 2019-12-13 18:58:37

Pqwerty

peace wrote:

hmm i have 10 players 2 teams of 5 sounds good so i'll accep backups nincase anyone has some personal issues and cant pay anynymore sinc ei dont know how long this will take

2 teams of 15 would be preferred, tbh. Chess is a really hard game and I have a small brain.

#35 2019-12-13 18:59:22

Pqwerty

I'd be down for 1 team of 10 though.

#36 2019-12-13 19:11:08, last edited by Luka504 (2019-12-13 19:13:27)

Luka504

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

To the best of my understanding, here's how it works: There's two teams with five people each, one team is white, the other is black.

Then you play regular chess, it's just that five people have to vote on what piece to move when it's their turn. It's like forcing two people with multiple personality disorder to try and play chess against each other and I find that hilarious.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (4)

#37 2019-12-13 21:13:41, last edited by peace (2019-12-13 21:14:41)

peace

Luka504 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

To the best of my understanding, here's how it works: There's two teams with five people each, one team is white, the other is black.

Then you play regular chess, it's just that five people have to vote on what piece to move when it's their turn. It's like forcing two people with multiple personality disorder to try and play chess against each other and I find that hilarious.

you worded it perfectly i mean its owudl be kindy borin to watch a 1v1 chess gaem on a fourm game where ti takes hours ot resposnd back

+ it makes it easier to implement a clock incase you CANT reply becuase of work/sleep in that case one of your teamates an still respond and it isn tliek !move X !move X !move X

peace.png

#38 2019-12-13 23:11:35

Pqwerty

So, can we do a game of chess and a game of vanilla mafia at the same time, in the same thread? Whoever loses the chess game also loses the mafia game, but there’s a mix of mafia and town playing each color. The game ends if all the mafia are lynched, mafia has majority, all black are lynched, all white are lynched, or checkmate.

Wooted by:

#39 2019-12-13 23:16:18

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Pqwerty wrote:

So, can we do a game of chess and a game of vanilla mafia at the same time, in the same thread? Whoever loses the chess game also loses the mafia game, but there’s a mix of mafia and town playing each color. The game ends if all the mafia are lynched, mafia has majority, all black are lynched, all white are lynched, or checkmate.

This legit sounds awesome.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#40 2019-12-13 23:41:55

Onjit
Website

what if every person on each team has a move each night as well, and the order of the turns is decided my the players as well

so there's like 10 moves going on each night phase (although many will fail if they're invalid)

#41 2019-12-13 23:47:08, last edited by Pqwerty (2019-12-13 23:49:41)

Pqwerty

Onjit wrote:

what if every person on each team has a move each night as well, and the order of the turns is decided my the players as well

so there's like 10 moves going on each night phase (although many will fail if they're invalid)

That + nightkill would be wild, especially because mafia would be playing on both teams, so they could potentially betray their chess color or they could potentially betray their fellow mafia members.

#42 2019-12-13 23:51:51

Onjit
Website

this is why i was saying i had a chess mafia game in the works //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#43 2019-12-14 00:00:54

Pqwerty

I'm excited for all 3 chess mafias. Again though, I hope one of them is Christmas-flavored because I really want a Queen Grinch, especially after hearing Peace's description of the queen.

#44 2019-12-14 00:03:10

Onjit
Website

my christmas mafia isn't themed about christmas, it's themed around the true spirit of christmas - family

#45 2019-12-14 00:04:40

Pqwerty

Queen Grinch is family to me

#46 2019-12-14 00:35:56

Freckleface

Are you going to be posting pictures of the chess board before each round. If you are can you please not use horses for knights because I have this horrible condition where when I was young my doctor said my vision will be not too great and it will be a real struggle raising me as a child and long story short I can't see horses. I can however see dogs and I really like the  dog from charlie brown I think his name was brian so if you can replace the horses with brian from charlie brown that would be great. Thanks a lot in advance, I will be awaiting your reply.

F

#47 2019-12-14 00:48:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Freckleface wrote:

Are you going to be posting pictures of the chess board before each round. If you are can you please not use horses for knights because I have this horrible condition where when I was young my doctor said my vision will be not too great and it will be a real struggle raising me as a child and long story short I can't see horses. I can however see dogs and I really like the  dog from charlie brown I think his name was brian so if you can replace the horses with brian from charlie brown that would be great. Thanks a lot in advance, I will be awaiting your reply.

so when you look at cavalry do you just see people floating?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#48 2019-12-14 01:13:20

Onjit
Website

TaskManager wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

so when you look at cavalry do you just see people floating?

Yes

#49 2019-12-14 02:59:16

ShadowsEdge

Honestly Chess Mafia in general just seems so exciting.

On the terms of how I would make it "Christmas-esque," my idea was also somewhat on a principle of Christmas, but not specifically the family aspect, but rather the giving aspect. I can explain that in more detail if anyone's interested.

Pqwerty wrote:

I never thought about it in that sense, but having a mix of Mafia and Town in each alignment would actually make things really interesting.

But it brings up the topic: Would Mafia need majority over their own color (Black/White), akin to the Universe Mafia that Onjit set up, or would it be majority over the entire game, akin to the standard. And on that same note, would the Mafia of both team be combined, or would they each have their own PT?

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#50 2019-12-14 11:24:35

peace

Onjit wrote:

i was thinkign of this btu i ddint knwo hwo this coudld wokr out becuase what would be the order of moves?

Pqwerty wrote:

this is hmm meh i dont know how woudl we knwo whicch mvoe counts becuase woudl youe vote to move a piece at day aswell? woudltn tat reveal what team ur on?

peace.png

peace1576682851770277

Board footer