Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-02-17 21:23:09

skullz17

Re: Yeah no.

Can someone explain how peace's posts are problematic? I get they might be hard to read, but it's just one person so I don't see how it creates such a big issue? Hypothetically, there could be someone with bad English who posts as much as peace, and we couldn't really complain, so why make a big deal out of peace whose problem is basically equivalent?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#27 2020-02-17 21:24:45, last edited by Kira (2020-02-17 21:32:47)

Kira

The forumers reached a GENERAL CONSENSUS that this PARTICULAR USER is being a BOTHER. The FORUM STAFF claim that It's witch hunting and prevent all kind of discussions on the matter by commenting then locking.

We're not asking for much. We're asking that this PARTICULAR USER stops **** around with his incomprehensible/spam posts (Double/Triple/Quadra/Penta posts in mafia games saying stuff that could be said in a single post). Moreover, on top of posting so much no one understands what the hell he's trying to say: Mutantdevle literally tried "defending" Peace by saying that it's relatively easy to understand what he's trying to say by spotting "keywords", it honestly just proves that he doesn't understand most of what he's saying.

Don't tell me you guys haven't noticed that he spams every topics with one liners incomprehensible ****, so saying that he has "genuine intent to comment on a matter" is spitting on everyone's faces. If he truly wanted to comment on a matter he would take time to make an actual post and not misspell every single oneliners he types.

Proof:

DUan7_y1T4mo5hv0VSQG_g.png

At this point It's safe to say he's "Farming" for 10K posts and there's no way anyone could disagree w that.

#28 2020-02-17 21:49:52

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

skullz17 wrote:

Can someone explain how peace's posts are problematic? I get they might be hard to read, but it's just one person so I don't see how it creates such a big issue? Hypothetically, there could be someone with bad English who posts as much as peace, and we couldn't really complain, so why make a big deal out of peace whose problem is basically equivalent?

Peace knows English perfectly well, according to Xeno, he's 19 years old and has an English degree. He intentionally writes as fast as possible without checking what he wrote, and then posts it. He IS ABLE TO write in English, he just REFUSES to spellcheck his posts.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (4)

#29 2020-02-17 21:50:23

MOBIHEL

he made 7k posts only for farming numbers of posts

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2020-02-17 22:02:15

peace

im 20 actualy ~20.5  and if i wanted to farm post number i wouldve had over 10K

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#31 2020-02-17 22:03:57

Raphe9000

I'm sorry, I can't read that. Please try again.

#32 2020-02-17 22:04:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

Mutantdevle literally tried "defending" Peace by saying that it's relatively easy to understand what he's trying to say by spotting "keywords", it honestly just proves that he doesn't understand most of what he's saying.

Is the serial killer immune to roleblocks in this game? I know that in some games the SK is immune to roleblocks.

They could be pointing a gun and each other and shoot at the same time causing them both to die as an explanation as to why they both die.
Also, you would have the same problem with the veteran who is also a killing role. Nevermind, the veteran is different.

Why can't they both die?

With these changes the SK is now truly a neutral role. Does the SK win if all the mafia are dead but there are still some town alive? Does the SK win if the mafia gain a majority and the SK is still alive? How does the SK win condition work?

Oh, that day also exists, lmao.

The SK claiming doesn't really benefit the town at all. If the doctor protects him every night and the doctor dies the SK will lose. It's a good thing the mafia doesn't have a cop. The veteran does have an interest in claiming though because has 3 uses of an ability to kill whoever visits him.

The mafia goon can easily do this. The town would lynch the SK and then the goon meaning the mafia would be sacrificing a goon for the SK.

The mafia does this to sacrifice themselves for the SK.

Norweiganboy, mafia can fake claim SK and then kill the SK themselves. Also, what if the doctor dies?

Those are the translations of every post of his shown in your screenshot. If you genuinely didn't interpret what peace was saying in a similar way to what I have laid out then clearly your ability to read is just as bad as his ability to spell.

I do agree that on occasion what he says is so badly written it is incomprehensible. But this does not happen nearly as frequently as you'd like us to believe. And again, there is no reason to get so worked up over this. 

I think peace's main issue is that he doesn't use grammar. You can work out what words he is using but when his sentences bleed into each other his meaning becomes blurred. All of the things he is saying here are relevant and valid comments/questions in the context of each thread he was posting in. However, what I would say is that a lot of the time the answers are fairly common sense to most of us. But from the point of view of someone who doesn't understand they are valid. In the same way that I think it is very clear that he simply does not understand grammar rules and hence abandons all attempt of learning them, and that's then on top of the fact that English isn't his native language.

Sure, peace could probably devote some time into improving his spelling and grammar. In the same way, I'm sure I could improve my handwriting to be something eligible if I put the work into it. But I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time doing something I consider myself to be fine without and I don't expect peace to do so either simply because I'd enjoy reading his posts more if he did. This incessant complaining about peace's writing is a waste of everyone's time.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#33 2020-02-17 22:04:39

Kira

peace wrote:

im 20 actualy ~20.5  and if i wanted to farm post number i wouldve had over 10K

Enlighten the world, how are you unable to spellcheck your posts

#34 2020-02-17 22:06:08

Pqwerty

I know this isn't the place to be funposting, but Peace has 1% of all the posts on this entire forum and you only have .15% Kira. He's got a bigger penisrcent than you.

On a more focused note, do you think you're going to convince anyone to switch sides on this matter? The mods, mutant, skullz17, norweg, Allen, Andymakeer are siding for Peace. Luka, TNG, ZeldaXD, Raphe, Taskmanager, and Jawapa are sided with you. Crybaby and HG have given up on the matter, and honestly I'm starting to feel the same way. Everyone seems to have drawn their line, and it doesn't appear to me that anyone is going to be convinced to either side. So, any further discussion on this will be an act of futility because you'll be speaking to deaf ears.

If we look at this democratically, there's more people against peace's ban than for it, so to say that there is a general consensus amongst all the forumers that peace is a bother appears to be wrong. At best, you could say the forumers have mixed opinions about peace or that the vote is about 50/50.

I really think we should just agree to disagree because this issue is splitting the forums in half, and we only have like 30 people here. It'll get dead and lonely here really quickly if we stay divided like this.

#35 2020-02-17 22:07:59, last edited by Kira (2020-02-17 22:08:20)

Kira

Pqwerty wrote:

I know this isn't the place to be funposting, but Peace has 1% of all the posts on this entire forum and you only have .15% Kira. He's got a bigger penisrcent than you.

On a more focused note, do you think you're going to convince anyone to switch sides on this matter? The mods, mutant, skullz17, norweg, Allen, Andymakeer are siding for Peace. Luka, TNG, ZeldaXD, Raphe, Taskmanager, and Jawapa are sided with you. Crybaby and HG have given up on the matter, and honestly I'm starting to feel the same way. Everyone seems to have drawn their line, and it doesn't appear to me that anyone is going to be convinced to either side. So, any further discussion on this will be an act of futility because you'll be speaking to deaf ears.

If we look at this democratically, there's more people against peace's ban than for it, so to say that there is a general consensus amongst all the forumers that peace is a bother appears to be wrong. At best, you could say the forumers have mixed opinions about peace or that the vote is about 50/50.

I really think we should just agree to disagree because this issue is splitting the forums in half, and we only have like 30 people here. It'll get dead and lonely here really quickly if we stay divided like this.

Actually Buzzerbee is for it, so is Onjit

#36 2020-02-17 22:09:48, last edited by Luka504 (2020-02-17 22:10:22)

Luka504

The thing some people here don't realize is that bad English isn't Peace's problem, but rather, the product of his problem.

He does not give a flying ****.

If peace would only take two minutes to check what he writes, his posts would be miles better than what they are now; he's an English graduate for ****'s sake. Peace is practically giving us a middle finger by putting so little effort into his writing.

That's why something needs to be done about him already. Peace isn't some misunderstood kid, he's just an annoyance.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#37 2020-02-17 22:09:48

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

Democracy is the greatest error of the past century. If one wishes to read, if one wishes to post, if one wishes in these forums to possess the greatest internet guarantees for readability and posting, if one wishes to preserve and increase the quality, the intellectual and material capital of EE Forums, it is absolutely necessary to destroy peace.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (3)

#38 2020-02-17 22:13:02

Pqwerty

BuzzerBee wrote:

If this were years ago when the forums were much more active and we really needed to monitor the quality of content on here, yeah I at least would probably warn peace for some of his posts.But it's really not that deep. Peace isn't really causing any harm.

BuzzerBee doesn't seem to be on board anymore. If we add Onjit to the other side, the majority still favors not banning.

#39 2020-02-17 22:16:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:

If peace would only take two minutes to check what he writes, his posts would be miles better than what they are now; he's an English graduate for ****'s sake. Peace is practically giving us a middle finger by putting so little effort into his writing.

You ever tried genuinely asking him instead of whining and biting his head off and making big dramatic calls for him to be banned?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#40 2020-02-17 22:16:31, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-02-17 22:17:20)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

#BanPeaceForPeace

I now sincerely ask Peace to spellcheck every word of your post. Thanks.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#41 2020-02-17 22:18:54

Luka504

Different55 wrote:

You ever tried genuinely asking him instead of whining and biting his head off and making big dramatic calls for him to be banned?

Peace has been asked to write properly numerous times, Diff.

#42 2020-02-17 22:19:19

Pqwerty

ZeldaXD wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Democracy is the greatest error of the past century. If one wishes to read, if one wishes to post, if one wishes in these forums to possess the greatest internet guarantees for readability and posting, if one wishes to preserve and increase the quality, the intellectual and material capital of EE Forums, it is absolutely necessary to destroy peace.

If we aren't looking at this democratically, all the forum mods are against banning peace. The mods have all the power, and therefore what they say goes. So, peace stays. It appears that they wish for other things besides trying to maximize the quality of posts.

#43 2020-02-17 22:23:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I don't really think Peace is ban-worthy, and I don't have problems on reading words. But can Peace spellcheck his posts for the sake of everyone? How hard is it to spellcheck?

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#44 2020-02-17 22:26:10

Luka504

Pqwerty wrote:

If we aren't looking at this democratically, all the forum mods are against banning peace. The mods have all the power, and therefore what they say goes. So, peace stays. It appears that they wish for other things besides trying to maximize the quality of posts.

Yes, you're right, let's always listen to the staff members and never complain about issues or request changes.

#45 2020-02-17 22:45:42

Pqwerty

Luka504 wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Yes, you're right, let's always listen to the staff members and never complain about issues or request changes.

Of course I'm right. I'm so glad we're on the same page.

It's fine that you guys complained about peace. You can't solve a problem if you don't know that the problem existed. But I just don't think you guys convinced the mods or enough members of the community with your complaints this time (a loud minority, I guess). You've argued your case, we've seen both sides, and the mods' verdict is not to ban. Even though I think it's kind of futile at this moment to continue fighting to get peace banned, as a fellow forum user I hope this leads to other changes like the ones suggested by Jawapa, Taskmanager, and BuzzerBee (i.e. Getting feedback from reports so that issues like this can be handled privately through reports). So even though we didn't solve all the issues here, I hope this leads to the solution of some of them.

Wooted by:

#46 2020-02-17 23:54:45

Raphe9000

Imagine a future employer is researching Peace to see if he's as good at English as he says he is, and they just come across these posts about how no one can understand him.

#47 2020-02-18 00:05:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'd have second thoughts about life if I put Everybody Edits forums on my resumé

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (4)

#48 2020-02-18 00:11:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Crybaby wrote:

I'd have second thoughts about life if I put Everybody Edits forums on my resumé

We at ZendroForce Ltd. value experience with Everybody Edits very much!

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#49 2020-02-18 00:17:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Crybaby wrote:

Jokes on you, when the gigantic multinational Peace® incorporated controls half of the world, my reputation on these forums will allow me to join into the upper echelons of the system.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#50 2020-02-18 00:18:40

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Jokes on you, when the gigantic multinational Peace® incorporated controls half of the world, my reputation on these forums will allow me to join into the upper echelons of the system.

More like upper echelons of lynch candidates https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

BuzzerBee1582318464775066

Board footer