Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-02-18 01:01:07

Raphe9000

Re: Yeah no.

Crybaby wrote:

I'd have second thoughts about life if I put Everybody Edits forums on my resumé

But this is peace we're talking about...

#52 2020-02-18 01:14:27

Cola1

I always thought it was some persistant attempt at being wacky and funny, since it had this sort of feel to it that made it seem too forced to be legitimate bad English. I'll admit to finding it funny for a while but posts that seem to have effort and thought put into them are more appealing than a string of Rearrange the Letters Puzzles for Kids. Although, it's nice that peace stays chill rather than going nuclear angry man mode (as far as I know).

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

Wooted by: (4)

#53 2020-02-18 01:22:52

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I think i’ve said somewhere that Peace is one of the more chill users in this forum. And i still stand by that as being true.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#54 2020-02-18 02:37:55

Onjit
Website

literally who cares

i use this forums as literary toilet paper as well and i don't see any "Onjit is a serious problen and needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY" threads lmao

:.|:;

Wooted by: (3)

#55 2020-02-18 02:50:34, last edited by Slabdrill (2020-02-18 02:54:07)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I'm fine with peace's posts, as long as they're relevant. There's sometimes a few things that are pretty incomprehensible, but those cases aren't too common and can usually be clarified by asking.

Even the irrelevant posts are generally okay; Onjit posts randomness pretty often and hasn't gotten too harsh of a punishment for it.

suddenly random sig change

#56 2020-02-18 09:57:01

Luka504

Onjit's case is not the same as peace's at all. While his games can get annoying to see, Onjit's posts are usually decent enough. Pretty much every peace post is hot trash though.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#57 2020-02-18 15:38:49

skullz17

ZeldaXD wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Can someone explain how peace's posts are problematic? I get they might be hard to read, but it's just one person so I don't see how it creates such a big issue? Hypothetically, there could be someone with bad English who posts as much as peace, and we couldn't really complain, so why make a big deal out of peace whose problem is basically equivalent?

Peace knows English perfectly well, according to Xeno, he's 19 years old and has an English degree. He intentionally writes as fast as possible without checking what he wrote, and then posts it. He IS ABLE TO write in English, he just REFUSES to spellcheck his posts.

I know he is able to, but since nobody cares about intention, that shouldn't matter. The resulting post is the same and causes the same amount of disturbance or whatever (and how this is even considered a disturbance is what I'm struggling to understand).

If the fact that he is able to spellcheck his posts but chooses not to is what bothers people, that sounds like a personal issue with peace's attitude. iirc the reason he doesn't spellcheck is because his language is set to Dutch and he doesn't bother to change it when writing in English.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#58 2020-02-18 15:43:49

PiotrGrochowski

multiple users wrote:

spellcheck

Eye have a spelling chequer,
It came with my Pea Sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss Steaks I can knot sea.

Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me straight a weigh.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your shore real glad two no.
Its vary polished in its weigh.
My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless thing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right all stiles of righting,
And aides me when eye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The chequer pours o'er every word
Two cheque sum spelling rule.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#59 2020-02-18 16:20:29

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

That moment when Peace accidentally causes the opposite of peace...

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#60 2020-02-18 17:36:59

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

just dont bother peace lmao this isnt going anywhere at all

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#61 2020-02-21 13:15:24

Zumza

The fact you so angrily go for Peace only shows your lack of tolerance towards other people.
You should take a step back and see yourself the hate speech you're developing creating these kind of topics.

Many members here, learned and improved their English within this forum, but we haven't had this sort of scandals before.

It seems that most examples are given contain Peace's Mafia posts. If you believe he makes the games unenjoyable due to the misunderstandings he creates, then just bring it into the attention of the hosts.

The solution to this problem is simple: relearn to civil yourself and mind your own business instead of throwing garbage on others.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (4)

#62 2020-02-21 14:22:53

Luka504

The reason we never had these sorts of scandals before is because we've never had a case like peace before. Peace joined the forums in 2015 - five years ago. He had all the time in the world to learn and improve his English, yet he's remained completely stagnant out of pure apathy. If only he'd take two minutes to read what he writes, then he wouldn't have this problem.

Mafia isn't my main issue with him. Yes, it's another minus to add to the pile, but the main problem is that he just doesn't give a **** about the trash he posts on the forums.

My solution is equally as easy, Zumza; peace starts putting his English degree to use, and people like you stop advocating he doesn't.

#63 2020-02-21 15:48:26

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

This topic boils down to “ban because bad English”, and hinges on whether he’s doing it on purpose or can’t fix it.

From his post history and from a couple of private discussions I’ve had with him, there nothing to suggest that it’s simply a matter of trying harder. Peace claims he’s not dyslexic, but I’m certain that there’s something of that nature going on.

Maybe it’ll improve in future, but for now there’s no advantage to continuing this crusade. As before, being rude to Peace about this will be treated as troublemaking or flaming.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#64 2020-02-21 16:00:53, last edited by TundrumMax (2020-02-21 16:03:15)

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

The guys who are with Peace are acting like Peace doesn't actually know English.
Aw poor sod he's really trying you gotta believe us.

But in all reality, Peace literally CAN but WON'T type proper English. You guys are acting like he doesn't have a choice on how he talks, but he DOES, HE REALLY DOES.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by:

#65 2020-02-21 16:02:59

Luka504

Toma stop acting like whether or not Peace can write properly is up for debate. He doesn't have dyslexia and he isn't going to improve in any way. He simply does not care.

Wooted by:

#66 2020-02-21 16:54:02, last edited by Tomahawk (2020-02-21 16:58:50)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Your opinions have been noted.

Fortunately I get to make my own judgement, which is that factors beyond Peace’s control are the problem.

Consider whether you‘re biased because you want Peace to get some sort of ultimatum or be banned, and try using actual evidence and reasoning to support your case.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#67 2020-02-21 16:58:48, last edited by Luka504 (2020-02-21 16:59:01)

Luka504

What a fat load of ****, Toma. Stop pretending you're the open-minded one by "noting" my opinion.

If anyone needs to consider they're being biased, it's you. Peace gets to do **** no one else can. If I so much as try to spew peace-level posts you're going to tear me a new one for 'being annoying.'

#68 2020-02-21 17:10:10, last edited by Kira (2020-02-21 17:12:39)

Kira

CONTENT WARNING

Wooted by: (2)

#69 2020-02-21 17:14:12

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Zumza wrote:

The fact you so angrily go for Peace only shows your lack of tolerance towards other people.
You should take a step back and see yourself the hate speech you're developing creating these kind of topics.

Many members here, learned and improved their English within this forum, but we haven't had this sort of scandals before.

It seems that most examples are given contain Peace's Mafia posts. If you believe he makes the games unenjoyable due to the misunderstandings he creates, then just bring it into the attention of the hosts.

The solution to this problem is simple: relearn to civil yourself and mind your own business instead of throwing garbage on others.

This post not only is morally superfluous but it also evidences a total lack of any understanding of the situation, be it out of mere ignorance or be it out of mere stupidity; I personally prefer to believe it is the former. Now I request you to get down this moral watchtower you have so recklessly constructed for yourself, as your post stems mainly from an overprotective perspective of anti-competitiveness, of mercy for the prey when cornered by the wolves, of, summed up, standing up for whom you consider “victimized” probably out of instinct because nobody stood up for you. The thing is that tolerance is not inherit to the condition of humanhood, it is rather earned, and if Peace wants to reap, he needs to sow.  It is incredibly inconsiderate and selfish to demand us respect for Peace when in the first place he has no respect for us.

We have requested him many times, formally and informally, to change his ways. He is not unable to, he simply refuses to offer us the same respect we would have no problem offering him otherwise.

You make Peace sound like an infant who has trouble with English. Your whole argument falls apart when this lie is deconstructed. Peace is not a child who is learning English, we would have no problem if this was the case since, as you pointed out, many of us have been there, and we would most likely understand it and even help him learn if that was the case. However, it is not, he is a 20 years old man with a supposed English degree who simply refuses to take a minute to analyze what he has posted, whereas many of us think before spitting, he spits before even thinking.

gLjTZE1.png

#70 2020-02-21 17:18:07

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

May I ask how are forum mods not biased towards peace, when they ban someone typing like peace, for the reason 'Annoying', but did not ban peace for typing like that?
How the heck is that not bias when peace can type whatever he wants, while we're not allowed to do so? Is it because peace is the 'victim', so he can violate every rule he wants to?

May you take some time to question yourself, whether you're biased or not? May you take some time to truly listen to our thoughts, instead of denying them quickly and pretend to be open-minded?

You having the identity of 'Forum Mod' is what blinds your 'judgement', you think you can do whatever the hell you think is correct, and not listen to everyone's opinion?
Stop biasing towards Peace. I agree he is not ban-worthy, but he is indeed annoying to people. We kindly requested several times to Peace, what did we get? Rejection. And you still expect peace to improve in the future? Are you actually kidding me?

she/her

#71 2020-02-21 17:52:56

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

May I ask how are forum mods not biased towards peace, when they ban someone typing like peace, for the reason 'Annoying', but did not ban peace for typing like that?
How the heck is that not bias when peace can type whatever he wants, while we're not allowed to do so? Is it because peace is the 'victim', so he can violate every rule he wants to?

it's because you guys have already shown yourselves capable of typing consistently well, and because of the intent behind it. peace isn't getting warned because he has genuine intent behind his posts, but when you guys purposefully type like peace, your intention is to prove a point, or at the very worst, mock him. it's not bias, it's just that intention behind posts matter, especially when determining whether someone broke the rules or not

#72 2020-02-21 17:53:55

Kira

eleizibeth wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

it's because you guys have already shown yourselves capable of typing consistently well, and because of the intent behind it. peace isn't getting warned because he has genuine intent behind his posts, but when you guys purposefully type like peace, your intention is to prove a point, or at the very worst, mock him. it's not bias, it's just that intention behind posts matter, especially when determining whether someone broke the rules or not

ok s my intentiopn is gneukje and i'l l always talk like this from now on whether you want it or not remember that my intentninkp fis genuine so it sodensnt matter how **** my post look like lmfao

#73 2020-02-21 17:56:04

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Kira wrote:

ok s my intentiopn is gneukje and i'l l always talk like this from now on whether you want it or not remember that my intentninkp fis genuine so it sodensnt matter how **** my post look like lmfao

your intention is 100% just to prove a point, sarcastically denying it isn't gonna prove otherwise

#74 2020-02-21 17:57:15

Kira

eleizibeth wrote:
Kira wrote:

your intention is 100% just to prove a point, sarcastically denying it isn't gonna prove otherwise

nnono you seem to minsudnàertand im nopt being sacractic im just typni g really fadt like sonoic the hedgehog and not reading myseling after typing then press sunmbit becaus ewyh not XD

Wooted by:

#75 2020-02-21 17:59:29, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-02-21 18:00:47)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

oh wht if i geniuinely want to say sometihng and t ype like peace, pretty sure i'll get warned too

EDIT: i can definiently  show you how i  type when i dont spellcheck

she/her

Wooted by:
BuzzerBee1582318464775066

Board footer