Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-13 20:28:00

Gosha

To all you veterans out there. #GivePeopleBlocks

Do you think all blocks from the shop should be accessible to everyone? (that excludes admin items, contest blocks, beta, other special stuff)

Remember the times when blocks where limited (portals, signs, etc)?
Remember when they became free?
Did you feel sad / do you feel sad right now that all energy you spent on them went nowhere and they became free anyway?
I certainly not.
It opened the way for people to create cool stuff and good worlds with unlimited blocks.

I suggest we make all block packs from the shop free. Smileys are accessories and they can stay the same.
I doubt game makes any profit from selling shop items so it won't be a loss in this regard either.

If all blocks from the shop were free for all players that would open a way for people to create better worlds!
And just imagine a bunch of 9 year olds waking up, joining ee and finding out that they can place any block, that would bring joy to kids, what more do you need.

Xenonetix claims that without compensation, people would go mad about all blocks becoming free since people earned them throughout all these years themselves.
I am a ee veteran who has been playing since 2010 and got all shop packs by myself and i wouldn't feel sorry for any second if everyone got free blocks.

DO YOU?
VOTE NOW.
https://www.strawpoll.me/20765312
#GivePeopleBlocks

#2 2020-08-13 20:49:55

Gosha

Re: To all you veterans out there. #GivePeopleBlocks

cn50sKX.png

It might be happening boys
we need to make it real

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2020-08-13 20:59:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

sure why not
im not playing ee anymore therefore i dont really care
but i see no reason to withhold them anyway

also i havent used atilla's eemulator but im guessing you have all blocks unlocked in it anyway so its inevitable one way or another

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2020-08-13 21:15:48

octodecillion
Formerly strider

As someone who owns every block in the shop (Including the classic shop) I completely support making all blocks free. Compensation wouldn't be necessary IMO

#5 2020-08-13 21:18:37

Gosha

octodecillion wrote:

As someone who owns every block in the shop (Including the classic shop) I completely support making all blocks free. Compensation wouldn't be necessary IMO

agree, but i have to show the poll to convince xenonetix

Wooted by:

#6 2020-08-13 21:22:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

EEO was going to have all the blocks given for free anyway. Given that EEO has been majorly delayed, I do think it's fair to just give all blocks for free in the meantime.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2020-08-13 21:37:46, last edited by Joeyjoey65 (2020-08-14 00:59:34)

Joeyjoey65

I see no reason not to give everyone every single item in the game, gold for free considering this game is being shutdown soon anyways. who cares lol

#8 2020-08-13 21:46:17

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Moved to Game Suggestions.

Progression keeps players coming back to a game. Buying block packs with energy over time is like unlocking new content; unlocking it all instantly is like playing a game with cheats. It gets boring quick.

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
You didn't grow. You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.
It's sad that you don't know the difference.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#9 2020-08-13 21:50:36

XxAtillaxX

Tomahawk wrote:

Buying block packs with energy over time is like unlocking new content; unlocking it all instantly is like playing a game with cheats. It gets boring quick.

Classic items can't be bought with energy.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2020-08-13 22:20:09, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-14 01:27:22)

Minisaurus
Banned

I will refer to EEU rather than EE:
(EE is going to have EE offline (EEO) so I don´t see the point to give all for free in EE since we will get all for free in EEO, that INCLUDES admin items, contest blocks, beta, other special stuff such as staff commands and staff powers (Or at least that is what the staff is promising for EEO))
(Still, having all EE stuff for free would be a fun thing to see for the last month of EE before it shut down (BUT ONLY FOR THE LAST MONTH))

I think cosmetics in general should not be free
Action tools should not be free either

But I agree that limiting the amount of X item to be placed in the map is sorta dumb and limit player building capabilities
So I agree to have unlimited items to be placed in a map after the player bought it in the shop or obtained it in alternative way

Any cosmetic should never be impossible to get ever again after certain promotion or game event end
- Events with rewards EE made, halloween event for example, was the lamest idea ever, to not allow players to get ever the graphics is a waste of resources and a deception for every new player in the game, there should always be a chance to obtain the itema gain (Always or seasonal event repeated time to time, if the event wont be repeat anymore, then add it to always)
- Limited time cosmetics: I am fine with this as long as the graphic in limited edition is able to be purchased afterward using game currency (Or either better, to allow to replay the same event later on)
A great example are graphics made by players to the game, they are presented in the event and then forgotten forever, the way to solve this is to allow in all the events of the same genre to see the graphics of all years and allow player to buy or get those as long as the event is active
- Action tools: These should ALWAYS be accessible, and should not be limited by any kind of barrier or wall, even if it is a color reskin for the same action tool (Only changes the color of the same action tool), it should NEVER be locked behind a barrier (Example of barreirs or walls could be either pay-wall or game-wall or seasonal walls (But certain exclusive items be locked behind a age restriction wall if required)

Example of items behind walls:
- Pay-wall: portals, those should be always able to be purchased using energy in the shop, should never be locked behind a pay-wall (Pay-wall require real money in-game currency to be purchased)
- Game-wall: Color changes to the same graphic: Red spikes are the best example of a stupid choice from the staff, it is locked behind a game-wall that limit access to a feature that most experienced and talented game-buildes will ever be able to use it because of this game-wall (You know the difference between a skilled player and a good builder is very important, it is **** idea to give a skilled player features that are meant to be used to good builders) (A skilled player does not neccessarily need to be a good builder, and that is why locking action tools only to be allowed to be used for skilled players restrict all good builders to use them, as not all good builders are skilled players)
- Exceptions: I would not mind if text-mod is locked behind a pay-wall as it would mean a way to see if the player is or not an adult and it might also mean a lot of responsibility from the builder to use it wisely, but there should be other alternatives to obtain it

Any kind of wall if used incorrectly causes players to lose interest in the game in general because of its wall-mechanics being dumb:
What is worse? Pay-wall or Game-wall? Seasonal-event-wall?
Depends:

Pay-wall proper use:
Actually cool: Buying items that are exclusive can be a cool thing to flex in case there is someone willing to do so, and also help the game, for example, diamond and big spender.
Good: To lock Vip graphics, most likely a way to contribute the game to remain alive
Bad: To lock action tool cosmetic variations and blocks
DON´T.: To lock completely an action tool

Game-wall proper use:
Actually cool: Easter eggs hunting and magic items are really cool stuff and should have even more of these
Good: To lock certain flexing smileys or badges (If the difficulty is easy-medium-hard: good for general locking of items and features, cool) (If it is extreme-insane: ONLY lock the damn flexing badges and smileys, that is fine)
Bad: To lock certain cool smileys. In case it is too much locking in extreme-insane campaigns then stop being jerks campaign team.
DON´T: NEVER lock any block or action tool in extreme-insane difficulty, it is really the worst thing to do for the game.

Seasonal event/contest proper use:
Actually cool: Having seasons as Christmass santa hat and other kind of seasonal items is great and should have even more
Bad: In case the chance to win the season event is too low, then simply don´t lock too much stuff behind it or allow more frequent (or increase win chance) of events to obtain the same if too much players want it (A pay-wall should be avoided, it would simply kill the purpose of events) (If the event won´t be repeated then make add an alternative way to obtain the graphics or times locked behind that event that won´t be repeated)
About contests that allow the player to show their skills to create worlds, I am not a fan and I find it unfair and subjetive, I would limit this kind of contests (I would not add these kind of contests to lock graphics) (I would only give as prize to these contests either currency for the game or other kind of reward that does not involve locking graphics behind a contest wall)
DON´T: never lock action tools behind these events and most likely avoid blocking coolest blocks/smileys behind those events unless completely needed.

#11 2020-08-13 22:26:04, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-08-13 22:26:13)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ee is ending
new players cant get all blocks before it dies
so free blocks please thank you.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#12 2020-08-13 23:47:11

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Buying block packs with energy over time is like unlocking new content; unlocking it all instantly is like playing a game with cheats. It gets boring quick.

Classic items can't be bought with energy.

Gosha wrote:

that excludes admin items, contest blocks, beta, other special stuff

But ok nvm.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#13 2020-08-14 00:55:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

I think all the blocks in the shop should be available for energy. I don't think they should come free, though I also detest the idea of seasonal exclusives. Grass shouldn't be energy locked to Spring 2021 and then never be available ever again.

I think it's fine, however, to keep certain exclusives unavailable for energy. Magic blocks should be available for stardust. Similarly, the diamond block and things like that ought to be worth gems.

So basically, do away with seasonal items. And gamewall blocks. Colored spikes are cool but red spike ruins it.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#14 2020-08-14 08:30:15

AllenCaspe9510
Website

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#15 2020-08-14 14:59:29

peace

how woudl you do this if peope get compersation in EEU for what they have bougtht oin EE?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#16 2020-08-14 15:08:33

Gosha

peace wrote:

how woudl you do this if peope get compersation in EEU for what they have bougtht oin EE?

You get compensated by enjoying new levels people can build with their freshly acquired gear.
Literally you will have more content to play with, more people to talk with, more worlds to win. Isn't your joy and superior gameplay better than some magic dust value in some game?

Wooted by:

#17 2020-08-14 15:18:04

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Gosha wrote:

Isn't your joy and superior gameplay better than some magic dust value in some game?

No.  The one that dies with the most toys wins.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#18 2020-08-14 16:16:17

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Sounds like a cool idea to me. I approve.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#19 2020-08-14 17:28:44

Koya
Fabulous Member

Suggested this to Xeno days ago, definitely something I support

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#20 2020-08-14 18:04:10, last edited by Andymakeer (2020-08-14 18:04:28)

Andymakeer

Crybaby wrote:

detest the idea of seasonal exclusives

I support seasonals, players who actually play during the seasonal events should have an "exclusive" feeling about the items they get.

This encourages players to increase their playtime during events, and also increase the chance to a player invest real money in cash to buy the items, granting revenue to the game.

Removing seasonals will hype players for a short time, but then the "oh I can get later" feeling will make the items feel much more boring.

F

Wooted by:

#21 2020-08-14 19:06:09

Minimania
Moderation Team

Andymakeer wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

detest the idea of seasonal exclusives

I support seasonals, players who actually play during the seasonal events should have an "exclusive" feeling about the items they get.

This encourages players to increase their playtime during events, and also increase the chance to a player invest real money in cash to buy the items, granting revenue to the game.

Removing seasonals will hype players for a short time, but then the "oh I can get later" feeling will make the items feel much more boring.

So did you think it was a good thing that players who didn't play during Spring 2011 never once had the ability to place grass without paying money?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#22 2020-08-14 19:39:00, last edited by icepegasus (2020-08-14 19:41:36)

icepegasus

As gosha stated (assuming that'swhat he meant by special items), this won't include classical items. There are players who have paid money for these classical items, so it does make sense
Of course there are players who paid money (or gems) on regular items but these are items you can get for free using energy anyway, so I see no reason not to make them free, especially since EEO is supposedly so close. Might as well let players create some nice worlds before EE shuts down and so other players can download.

P.S. I too have most if not all shop items.

user.php?id=icepegasus

#23 2020-08-14 19:39:03

Andymakeer

Crybaby wrote:

So did you think it was a good thing that players who didn't play during Spring 2011 never once had the ability to place grass without paying money?

As fas as i know, we now have more grass options as decoration, this includes Autumn Grass, Winter Grass, Summer Grass, Garden Grass, Swamp Grass, Farm Grass, etc...

So yeah, I think the 2011 Grass should be exclusive to 2011 players.

This does not decrease the creativity range of new players, because even if grass is a basic concept, there are more options.

F

#24 2020-08-14 20:34:36

Gosha

i don't understand why would you be greedy about making shop blocks free even if you payed gems for them

Why not? the game will be dead in a few months anyway
How would you benefit from people not having some packs that you have? Would you like to show them off or something?

I completely understand why players shouldn't be given special blocks:
Contest prices, magic blocks, diamond/cake/holo etc

I have completely no idea why would you want to keep early block packs which are only available for gems only for yourself
The argument "well they will all be accessible in the eeo anyway so there is no point" completely missing the point of this discussion.

EEO is not EE. EEO is essentially a worse, stripped down remake of ee without ee's main feature - multiplayer.
The argument that all blocks will be free in eeo anyway is the same as saying i can create my own ee remake and give myself all the blocks.

__

icepegasus wrote:

As gosha stated (assuming that'swhat he meant by special items), this won't include classical items.

It will include classical items. All categories from the shop that count as blocks except for special ones (which i listed above)

#25 2020-08-14 20:41:45

icepegasus

Gosha wrote:
icepegasus wrote:

As gosha stated (assuming that'swhat he meant by special items), this won't include classical items.

It will include classical items. All categories from the shop that count as blocks except for special ones (which i listed above)

I personally don't mind, I mean I agree to make them free.
Although I agree diamond shouldn't be given, I don't see a reason why cake or hologram really matters

user.php?id=icepegasus

HydraK901630877585791186

Board footer