Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-16 01:49:20

Andymakeer

[EEU] Team Bolt

Tab: Action
Usage: Kills all players from a team color

Thematically great for coop/competitive maps and also helps managing team-based systems.

FeWle03.png
When touched, kills all players that has the team color of the button.

thz98Ei.gif
Bolt death animation.
Different from hazards death animation for visual clarity, indicating that you died from a team bolt.

---
Im horrible at graphics so I just stripped down some google and forum images I found //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

F

#2 2020-08-16 10:36:37

peace

Re: [EEU] Team Bolt

i get tyour idea but i have a little oncern what if this is worngly placed? liek everyone gets bleu team and everyoen does a minigame where thye have to dodge the blie bolt and then one player makes mistakek and everyone dies everyoen will rage and quit so while i liek th eidea it needs to be portected more

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2020-08-16 17:33:09

Snowester

peace wrote:

i get tyour idea but i have a little oncern what if this is worngly placed? liek everyone gets bleu team and everyoen does a minigame where thye have to dodge the blie bolt and then one player makes mistakek and everyone dies everyoen will rage and quit so while i liek th eidea it needs to be portected more

Then it's up to the minigame maker or the world owner to do their job better at protecting the block, pretty much said for everything such as trophy, global switches, these are easily accessible if you know how to make your way through by hacking or even send a single packet with bot.

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2020-08-17 07:32:28

peace

first foal ahckign cant be porected by the world owner second of all throphy doesnt affect EVERYONE in a bad way so your logic is flawless becuas ehow the **** am i supost to stop an hacker which sends an packet which checks at wchich location X block is

peace.png

#5 2020-08-17 13:23:11, last edited by Andymakeer (2020-08-17 13:23:42)

Andymakeer

peace wrote:

how the **** am i supost to stop an hacker

I dont think the 'hacking risk' is considered in game design, but whether in player protection.

Packages spam is easily solved in minutes.

Hacking prevention should be directed to password protection and server maintenance, not in the game features.

F

#6 2020-08-17 14:21:39

John

Andymakeer wrote:
peace wrote:

how the **** am i supost to stop an hacker

I dont think the 'hacking risk' is considered in game design, but whether in player protection.

Packages spam is easily solved in minutes.

Hacking prevention should be directed to password protection and server maintenance, not in the game features.

You're missing the point - he's referring to cheat clients/bots.

PW?scale=2

#7 2020-08-17 15:09:02

Minimania
Moderation Team

For context, some bots have been able to activate keys in worlds without you needing to press them, which broke them.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#8 2020-08-17 15:19:35

peace

i belive if EEU is out the devs have mroe conttrol since thye hosting it on their ownserver hosting thing arthe rthan an tird party like PIO

peace.png

#9 2020-08-17 18:11:15

Koya
Fabulous Member

peace wrote:

i belive if EEU is out the devs have mroe conttrol since thye hosting it on their ownserver hosting thing arthe rthan an tird party like PIO

Nope, nothing will be 100% safe, there can be checks to filter out simple bots but they can be bypassed if you know what you're doing, you can handle the keys server side but they can still be triggered with movement, the only way to be certain is to handle everything server-side and also monitor players to make sure their movements are legal. However it is possible to kick someone who activates something illigitimately which can still be bypassed but is still the most likely course for action (very simple pattern algoritms could also be used to again stop some bots). Alternatively there could be a security through obscurity changing key which is sent when sending key inputs which is then validated server-side and checked to see if valid before approving, it can still be exploited but it would take a lot more effort.

Ideally there would be no need for shared interaction as everything can be exploited, but it rarely is even an issue.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#10 2020-08-17 20:20:43

Andymakeer

John wrote:

You're missing the point - he's referring to cheat clients/bots.

I know, my point is that should the game restrict its own features because of possible hacking trolls, then we will have no game at all.

Minimania wrote:

For context, some bots have been able to activate keys in worlds without you needing to press them, which broke them.

But that is solvable, every time a new cheater finds a code opening, devs fix it, making further openings even harder to find.

Koya wrote:

Ideally there would be no need for shared interaction as everything can be exploited, but it rarely is even an issue.

This.
Efforts in preventing trolling bots will never prevent 100% of them, but among 100 players, 1 is a troller.
Most of the players want to play normally and create cool stuff, so fixable problems should not restrict them.

F

#11 2020-08-18 07:33:05

peace

what if you hack the key and press it while not being on the spot of hthe key dnt the game registershey someone presses the blue kkey but oh nope their position isnt/wasnt on the key so ima nottrrigget it

peace.png

#12 2020-08-18 09:47:34

LukeM
Website

With something like EE the physics are difficult to simulate perfectly as there isn’t a system for fixing latency problems, problems with the interaction between players, etc, so the server doesn’t have a way to know for sure where the player is, in most cases it just has to trust the player.

With EEU however I designed the physics engine with that in mind, so it has systems or allows for systems that make sure the physics always lead to a deterministic result for all players as well as the server, but that was a project I was leading so not sure whether it’s going to be continued or not now I’ve left.

Once you have a deterministic (and efficient) physics engine you can then simulate everything server-side and verify the movement messages that are being sent, and once you can be sure that players aren’t cheating you can have things like this, edit blocks, global time trial leaderboards, hacked client protection, etc, all the things we couldn’t have on EE because of cheating concerns.

#13 2020-08-18 15:53:04

peace

lukem how to make sure editors dont remove/block the edit block?

peace.png

#14 2020-08-18 16:15:45

Koya
Fabulous Member

Andymakeer wrote:

but among 100 players, 1 is a troller

And for every 20 trollers only 1 has looked into programming.
And for every 5 who looked into it 1 is actually able to spam keys programatically
And for every 1 who does that 1 gets bored quickly and moves on.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#15 2020-08-18 16:48:55

Kira

THIS IS SO INSANELY COOL I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT IN GAME!

+1 support from yours truly MIster KIRA

#16 2020-08-18 17:27:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

idk whats worse minisaurus putting in the effort to produce a huge pointless post or kira putting in the effort to produce 10 small pointless posts

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (6)

#17 2020-08-18 23:26:48, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-19 00:20:26)

Minisaurus
Banned

TaskManager wrote:

idk whats worse minisaurus putting in the effort to produce a huge pointless post or kira putting in the effort to produce 10 small pointless posts

Good news for you, I can solve that paradigm for you, so here is the answer to the crossroads: After many hours of research I finally got to the conclusion that your posts (Aka T.M) are the most banal and unnecessarily derisive of the entire forum, making yourself a simplistic prick, be proud.

#18 2020-08-18 23:51:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Minisaurus wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Good news for you, I can solve that paradigm for you, so here is the answer to the crossroads: After many hours of research I finally got to the conclusion that your posts are the most banal and unnecessarily derisive of the entire forum, making yourself a simplistic prick, be proud.

ok but is my post a tardigrade

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2020-08-19 00:40:23

Snowester

TaskManager wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

retaliation quote

I would probably argue your post's a tardigrade as it stays with EE forum, with toxic community making the environment uninhabitable. It can lives for so long as EE forum will be a legacy, and... yeah.

#20 2020-08-19 02:07:04

Andymakeer

Tomahawk can you moderate my post? >:(

F

#21 2020-08-19 07:28:40

peace

Koya wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

but among 100 players, 1 is a troller

And for every 20 trollers only 1 has looked into programming.
And for every 5 who looked into it 1 is actually able to spam keys programatically
And for every 1 who does that 1 gets bored quickly and moves on.

he still rains the fun for everyone in the world eventhough he only does it for 1 hour

peace.png

#22 2020-08-19 12:02:48, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-19 13:12:04)

Minisaurus
Banned

TaskManager wrote:

Would you mind to stop replying to my posts with unnecessarily derisive commentaries please?

#23 2020-08-19 12:42:55

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Take this discussion somewhere else.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Tomahawk1597837375784333

Board footer