Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-29 19:01:00

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Overdone Appreciation Thread for EE: Funeral Edition

A little over ten years ago (October 2010 I think?) I started playing Everybody Edits. I was in 7th grade and my friend from P.E. had recommended the game to me (although he didn't end up continuing to play, and I haven't talked to him since middle school). I played as a guest on the main EE website for a couple weeks or so before deciding to make an account under the name BuzzerBee (a username I had created in my Club Penguin days). Chat hadn't been implemented when I started, but was added shortly after. Still, even without chat something about being in the same virtual room as other people from across the world and expressing myself through 16x16 smileys was magical to me. To me it was pure fun. A creative outlet and an escape from the world.

I joined the forums in December of 2010, and the first thing I noticed was a user named Bee. I thought it was someone impersonating me. Little did I know Bee had been around longer than I had and already had a name for herself. Years down the line Bee ended up being my good friend, mentor, and confidante (although I haven't spoken to her in a long time now, sadly, just like many other players from the EE bygone era). Some of the first friends I made in the game were Cola1 and Jeremifier (Cola1 I know you're still around sometimes, I hope you're doing well). The three of us entered the first EE contest, New Years 2011, together and submitted some lackluster 200x200 world but I was still proud of it.

I started to integrate into the community more using the forums and Tinychat, and I made a lot of friends. I was a really untalented world creator but somehow was lucky enough to get to know some brilliant players. I was definitely an obnoxious 13 year old, but so were a lot of the people I made friends with so we all just did dumb kid stuff and had loads of fun. Throughout the years I made more and more friends. Master1, Nickolai, Honeybuckles44, xJeex, Pyromaniac, RDash, 21twelve, RayofLight, ThuggishPrune, xFrogman43, Jabatheblob1, Emalton, showpath, Processor, MacAndCheese, Aoitenshi, LRussell, Skyler, TakoMan02, TheCoolGuy, Spiderman, Different55, Zoey2070, UGotPwned, SmittyW, Tak4n, GKAbyssFlorida, Xenonetix, Bobyy, Thwink........... just to name a few (!!!!)

All of these people and more meant so much to me and it would be impossible to name all the individuals from EE who have made an impact on me. EE was never just a game to me, I made real friends and really felt like I was part of the community. The fun I had playing worlds and making minigames and bots and everything was just an added bonus. I was an annoying kid and made a lot of dumb decisions in the past and I was still accepted anyway (for better or for worse, considering a lot of the toxicity that's always been present in the community). It's something I'll always appreciate.

Everybody Edits brought me so much joy in my adolescence. Now I'm 23 and thinking about why I'm still here. I've been on the forum staff for over four years and would've remained a moderator in-game had there not been... creative differences. All I've wanted to do was pay forward the happiness that this game has given me.

But sometimes I think: does it still bring me happiness or am I just stuck searching for the happiness that I once had when the game was in its prime?

Tbh, I think the answer is the latter. I hope that maybe one day EE will bloom again into the same magical 2D game it had once been. But after this year with the obsolescence of Flash, in some way or another, EE will truly and finally be dead. It's something we've talked about for years. It will live on in some ways, in its offline form and in its successor EE Universe, as well as, of course, in the hearts of its past and present community members. But I think this is the first time that we can honestly say the EE we once knew and loved will be gone forever.

So I just would like to give my heartfelt appreciation to those of you who still stick around. Those of you who are new who I haven't even spoken to, the old friends on here who grew up with me, everyone who still browses the forums and chats on the discord and plays the game. To Different55 and to Tomahawk, hummerz5, Bobithan, and Zoey2070. To all the EE staff. To Xenonetix, who I still consider a friend and hope to patch things up with despite the drama from earlier this year. Thanks everyone for hanging around because I've enjoyed being here with y'all even all the way into late 2020. And of course my love goes out to everyone who's not around anymore. I miss so many people and I hope everyone is out there living their best life.

Thanks for everything. I hope, despite all the drama, toxicity, volatility, and stupidity that has manifested throughout the years in this community, that we can all still see the light this game has brought and show it some proper love and appreciation.

Shoutout to Chris Benjaminsen for creating this dumb Flash game that has somehow changed my life.

Whatever the future holds for EE, I didn't want the original Flash version to go away without me first expressing my gratitude.

I wanna hear some of the things y'all have to say about EE, almost like we're giving speeches at a funeral but hopefully less sad.

Thanks for reading. Love you all.
Buzz

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#2 2020-11-29 21:19:06

Blackmask

Re: Overdone Appreciation Thread for EE: Funeral Edition

I was there

#3 2020-11-29 21:24:57

bgic

guys remember that epic player megalamb?

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

#4 2020-11-29 21:26:12

some woman

bgic wrote:

what a awesome i wish we knew his **** size

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#5 2020-11-29 21:30:22

bgic

some man wrote:
bgic wrote:

what a awesome i wish we knew his **** size

its mega.

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

Wooted by:

#6 2020-11-29 21:57:15

Snowester

BuzzerBee wrote:

Little did I know Bee had been around longer than I had and already had a name for herself. Years down the line Bee ended up being my good friend, mentor, and confidante (although I haven't spoken to her in a long time now, sadly, just like many other players from the EE bygone era).

Bee's alive in EEU discord server apparently.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2020-11-30 00:56:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

My biggest appreciation is for Ipwner. I've never felt a deeper bond with anyone on the internet since i met him on EE.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2020-11-30 04:20:49

Bimps

I think almost all of us can say EE changed our lives significantly and there is no way to tell if that is a good or a bad thing

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2020-11-30 05:13:21

Minimania
Moderation Team

Bimps wrote:

and there is no way to tell if that is a good or a bad thing

I think therapy can do that

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

rat

#10 2020-11-30 08:51:22

peace

holy **** buzz hodl on a **** moement giv eme a few minutes

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2020-11-30 09:09:50

peace

yeah in a month my accoutn will be exactly 10 years old (dec 28th) i remeebr if im corectly i played as a guest first i foudn he game on a dumb gamning site fo rkids (speeleiland.nl) ii was 11 by that time i recommended the game to my sister and my bro after messing around for a litle until my bro showd up an small world i was like did you get beta?! he said nope i created an account thats when peace was bron me and my sister made this account we choosed this username and later she stoppe dpayign na di took over the acc (she later did make a new acc under her name for a short time) i even hafe a few rodls who me my sis and her now EX-bf created suprisly i kept playing EE i only took one small break in 2012 but ii kep tcommign back and back i kept caring about a small 2d dumb flash game abootu some 16x16 smileys moving around in dumb worlds i even met some guys who live in the same country as me!
oh god i remeber spending hours in one RP world wiht one of those guys i got invovled wiht the forums in 2015 from the start on i only had 2 classics in my entire classic tab they were form xmas 2010 when i didnt had enough time nor knowledge abot the xmas items i rembe rbuyin ng htose 2 in 2 seperate black fridays and now i own all legal possible things that dotn cost money tto get (so no bigpsneder/diamond) btu now i began to lose intrest again but despite that i keep  commign every day my life  has chnacged si i was 11 and since now (im 21) god i even rememeber soeome dudes form school also played EE and said create a world when your home my name is X and my name is Y give us the code i also remmebebrt that one art world i create dtoghetehr wiht my sistser in those nonsaveable worlds and that none may touch the pc lol if EE was dead way before they sstarted EEU porgress i wouldve left the comunity this happened to another game ive played for some time the game shut down some guy went to make a rewrite i was exited for a shrot time followed progress then left not sure what i will do after dec 31 since i havent played EEU in a while i was xisted i was one of the first few persons to join EEU but i wwa skidna dsapointe din the lack o content which was obvious i also rmeeber the coutnless of digbots ive played holy **** i mined a **** of blocks lukem i sitll miss your marsmine bot //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

how logn will ie be part of the comunity?
what if i move out of house?
will i sitll be playign an version of EE(U) if im 70?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (4)

#12 2020-11-30 09:30:10

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

peace wrote:

yeah in a month my accoutn will be exactly 10 years old (dec 28th) i remeebr if im corectly i played as a guest first i foudn he game on a dumb gamning site fo rkids (speeleiland.nl) ii was 11 by that time i recommended the game to my sister and my bro after messing around for a litle until my bro showd up an small world i was like did you get beta?! he said nope i created an account thats when peace was bron me and my sister made this account we choosed this username and later she stoppe dpayign na di took over the acc (she later did make a new acc under her name for a short time) i even hafe a few rodls who me my sis and her now EX-bf created suprisly i kept playing EE i only took one small break in 2012 but ii kep tcommign back and back i kept caring about a small 2d dumb flash game abootu some 16x16 smileys moving around in dumb worlds i even met some guys who live in the same country as me!
oh god i remeber spending hours in one RP world wiht one of those guys i got invovled wiht the forums in 2015 from the start on i only had 2 classics in my entire classic tab they were form xmas 2010 when i didnt had enough time nor knowledge abot the xmas items i rembe rbuyin ng htose 2 in 2 seperate black fridays and now i own all legal possible things that dotn cost money tto get (so no bigpsneder/diamond) btu now i began to lose intrest again but despite that i keep  commign every day my life  has chnacged si i was 11 and since now (im 21) god i even rememeber soeome dudes form school also played EE and said create a world when your home my name is X and my name is Y give us the code i also remmebebrt that one art world i create dtoghetehr wiht my sistser in those nonsaveable worlds and that none may touch the pc lol if EE was dead way before they sstarted EEU porgress i wouldve left the comunity this happened to another game ive played for some time the game shut down some guy went to make a rewrite i was exited for a shrot time followed progress then left not sure what i will do after dec 31 since i havent played EEU in a while i was xisted i was one of the first few persons to join EEU but i wwa skidna dsapointe din the lack o content which was obvious i also rmeeber the coutnless of digbots ive played holy **** i mined a **** of blocks lukem i sitll miss your marsmine bot //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

I can only hope we are still here for another decade so I can finally decipher this post

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#13 2020-11-30 10:52:25, last edited by chzandham (2020-11-30 11:23:00)

chzandham

I started playing Everybody Edits in September of 2012. I don't quite remember how I stumbled upon the game, but it was either through a YouTube video or a Flash Game website. I've made a few friends over the years, a lot of which I don't remember and a few who haven't played in over a year. I used to play this game for a few hours almost every day for several years, but a few years ago I was locked out of my account due to the massive amount of likes and favorites I gave. In fact, I was so desperate to play the game again that I would occasionally have dreams of it! While thankfully the issue got resolved about a year ago, I still regret not playing the game more than I have been due to the unfortunate circumstances. I'm grateful to be able to spend the last month with everyone on one of the greatest online games of my childhood, though!

I was always the quiet kid on the site, rarely talking to anyone and usually keeping to myself. Despite that, I have met some wonderful people on the platform who will always be in my heart.

To name a few, I thank PokemonShaw, for being a good friend and coming up with concepts for a game called Keno Monsters (Pokémon styled game) that was a short lived project that only lasted about a month or so. While it was a nice concept, it was just a dream. TOOP, for being one of the most kindest staff members on the platform and for making such wonderful smilies. You're #1 in my book. GarfieldLoverXP, also for being a good friend and a wonderful artist. You gave the platform life, and you have a great talent.

I wish I could talk to these people just one last time before the game shuts down, I wish I could've said "thank you for being my friend for all these years, I really appreciate you.", I wish I could've spoken more to them.

Thank you, Everybody Edits and the community. I truly cannot thank you enough.

-chzandham

P.S. Is the API that allows you to check account information like the creation date and stuff still open? I would like to get a copy of my account's status while I still can.

tptD29P.png

Credits to Stubby For Making me this Signature!

#14 2020-11-30 20:17:40

some woman

I can't say much about the community from my experience - I had abysmal social skills and a superiority complex to start, and EE never really undid that (hell, I was diagnosed as a sperg when I was 8, but it wasn't until last month that I realized I wasn't just a qUiRkY introvert who "wasn't affected that much" because I wasn't outgoing and LGBT or something). The game itself has always fascinated me, though. The way just solid blocks and four gravity-changing tiles can create platforming challenges I've never seen the likes of in any other game is still amazing, not bad for an obscure dying flash game that was originally made as a multiplayer connectivity test.
There was always a certain sense of wonder to the game as Chris and RPGMaster intended it (except with actual gameplay), particularly the art style - EX Crew's sprawling, labyrinthe worlds that looked beautiful on the minimap never intrigued me as much as worlds where buildings and landscapes actually looked like buildings and landscapes in-game. The existence of decoration tiles that didn't show on the minimap supported my way of seeing it. I remember one of the very few worlds I put serious effort into was a back-to-back recreation of all the loading screens at the time, since those screens were like snippets of larger worlds that no-one had ever actually built before, and someone had to make them sooner or later. (Sadly, that world isn't around anymore; I cleared and saved it once and still don't remember why. Someone had earlier made a very elaborate world featuring the August 2010 loading screen.)
I picked up a lot of weird associations during that time - I always imagined the loading screens playing the startup sound from the Everybody Votes Wii channel, and for some reason the smell of barbecue always reminded me of the "welcome of Everybody Edits" loading screen (and this particular tile: O2LpdxK.png)
A lot of that sense of wonder went away once the MrShoe era began (spikes made me think, "don't we already have those?"), even though signs and numbered switches opened up entire genres of worlds that couldn't exist otherwise, but I can't understate how amazing early-ish EE was. How it felt to play that one "all-in-one" world with the Pikachu pixel-art and the partial loading screen recreations, how it felt to hear the Super Mario Bros. ground theme play out of my speakers in a snowy world represented with just white stone blocks and light-blue glass, how it felt to play a world (by Kirby, I think) that was designed to resemble trolled minis but was actually sophisticated, open-ended, and tough as nails.

What can I say? It's not easy to describe exactly how the game "felt", even with that wall of text, but that "feel" as a child is likely one of the reasons I'm interested in minimalist design nowadays, and I hope some other game can recreate that feel (even if I have to make it). I'm glad most people here have derived a sense of community from this game, unlike me.

Cheers!

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#15 2020-12-01 04:05:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

gg was fun

Discord: jawp#5123

#16 2020-12-01 04:13:55

Bimps

I don't have too much to say, I never feel like I was a huge part of the community despite how much time I spent in it. I did somehow have my nickname replace "****" as a censor on the forums for a year or so, that's cool. EE of course led to the fail forums, and despite how bad of a person I was during those days, I still miss them. Then it led me to bedwar which despite all the **** and fun, it is a good place to talk about serious topics with friends I trust.

Despite all the fallbacks of this 10 year old flash game with smilies that was never intended to become a community, I'm still grateful for all of you nutcases for somehow creating this tiny mess that is still alive against all odds. Have a good.

#17 2020-12-01 04:14:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Bimps wrote:

I never feel like I was a huge part of the community

You're a huge part of our hearts, Bimps <3

Discord: jawp#5123

#18 2020-12-01 09:36:48

Gosha

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
peace wrote:

I can only hope we are still here for another decade so I can finally decipher this post

i got that he is 21 years old now

Wooted by:

#19 2020-12-01 12:28:37

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

I joined EE at around 2012, during the Halloween update that brought the Halloween decorations. I've made a few friends back then but none of them play anymore, I hope they're ok. Most of my current friends are from EE which is cool I guess, but I kind of wish I could just move on to a different community and make friends there instead. I joined the EE discord server near the end of 2017, if I recall correctly. I think I've made a name for myself as "that annoying loner kid who goes to college" which sucks. Thankfully, most of the people who were there back then are still on the server right now, which I'm fairly happy for, it's nice to know that they're doing ok. I'm hoping that one day I can meet them, I feel like that would take away a lot of the stress that I'm holding right now. Sometimes wish I could just leave this community behind forever though.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by:

#20 2020-12-01 14:29:56

Andymakeer

Joined around 2011, i was looking for "sandbox" category on a flash games website, then i found EE.
Well, love at first sight.

I used to play every single day, every where and every time I could.
On school pc, on saturdays english class pc, on my dad's notebook, on my uncle's notebook.
I even got 2 or 3 rl friends to play together, but they end up moving away after 1 month or so...

Fun fact, i played about 3 years without a single clue there was a SHOP and I could buy SAVED WORLDS!!!
Yeah, I used to build worlds and let my dad's notebook with the browser opened for 2 weeks straight, just to not lose the world progress XD

I always loved creating games, but i'm sure EE was my motivation to get professional and now i'm a proud game designer because of it!

My most memorable day was when I noticed that one of my worlds had more than 8k woots (woot season was best season btw).
It was not that much, but as a teenager it was like winning the lottery.

Im not sad because its ending, but happy because I had the opportunity to play it.

F

Wooted by:

#21 2020-12-01 18:08:57

Blackmask

I've Joined in late 2011. This game was and will always be a special and memorable game to me because it actually was one of the very first multiplayer games I have ever played. Having the possibility to build stuff along with others players in a game was like crazy for me back then, I was loving it !
I was espacially playing in open worlds because it was the thing that attracted me the most, I even remember there was a player named xnx who for whatever reason was basically my sworn enemy. When we were encountering each other in worlds we would always write some stupid things like "invacible (me) is an idiot" or "xnx is stupid" all over the world and then removing each other writing to make ours prevail on the map https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL I wasn't actually taking this for an offend but more like a game so I have a good memory of that.
I also remember the autoclickers ( who I thought were hackers back then ) that were drawing a thick line at the top of the world then making anyone who was trying to get to the top with arrows fall. I was trying so bad to reach out the top, it was very fun and exiting. Of course I have a plenty of others good memories of this game such as boss to codes that were fun as hell when there used to be 30+ players playing them as well as free code levels, bot assisted levels and more.

Even though i'm not playing this game anymore more because I just don't like it as I was liking it as a kid I was always trying to occasionally find out what this game and the community were up to. Even though they went through bad times with the dramas and such, I am glad to see what this game has since become. From now, I'm only looking forward to seeing how will eeu develop and wish the best to the staff and the community.

#22 2020-12-02 14:37:26

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

yo I actually was just thinking about what a bummer it is that EE isn't what it used to be.

I have so many like, sensory memories from playing this game. We really developed our own little biome (complete with drama!!!!! which, lets be honest, was the best part).

I was such a manic disaster for most of my time on EE (sorry for THAT lmao), but really was so invested in this world. I mean the first person I met at college was zoey2070 lmao.

I miss crews (rip MX), and boss levels, and not understanding why people enjoyed really hard minis.

@buzzerbee and anyone who I was friends with, we should keep in touch (/get back in touch!)!!

---

All that niceness being said, I still hold grudges against many of you lol

#23 2020-12-02 18:29:30, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-02 18:36:01)

Minisaurus
Banned

EE was a cool game that did more than just entertain, it helped many players to find their passions and talents.

EE started just as a test, but very quickly it became something else, the original staff saw that the game had the potential to be more.
Many mistakes were made in the while the game was alive, but many inventions expanded the horizon of this game.
This game changes constantly, not even the staff can predict how big this game will be next day, the community actively support the game with suggestions, ideas that makes the game even bigger and interesting.

But the staff isn´t the core of this game, the community is responsible of making EE to be EE, as the community create the worlds we all love, they find glitches we all like.
The community has invented crews to unite alliances of creative minds that wanted to publish unique experiences for the rest of the players.
Even now the game in it´s last days it is still evolving and changing.

But EE is not just a game that dies and never appears again, is not a game that you simply shut down to forget about it.
An offline version called EEO will arrive.
A remake called EEU will arrive.
Two projects created with the intention to keep alive what we love about this game.
Even if those projects fail, the community will still be there to keep this franchise alive.

I have played thousand of games, but no one like EE, EE as a platform game did better than any other game out there when it is about allowing the player to create their own universes.

#24 2020-12-02 20:20:27

Snowester

Minisaurus wrote:

eh... lol

Wooted by:

#25 2020-12-02 23:01:45

Minimania
Moderation Team

Snowester wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

eh... lol

Well, it did

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Pqwerty1607653546786818

Board footer