Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-03 20:59:16

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

Everybody Edits: Satanya's Next Sacrifice ☆

Heya fantabulous peeps, Satanya checking in! (Or whatever the phrase is!!!)

It's been a little over a month since we acquired Everybody Edits, and, naturally, there are questions, things to announce, so on so on so on!!!! So, let's begin with the most important part! Actually, there are like a bunch, so let's start in some sort of order!

Online wheel picker thing said to go with staff team. SO! Staff team. Since I've announced the new staff team, understandably many people were concerned about a lot of things-- namely, "why is there one developer? Why are there no graphics artists?" The answer is simple-- we first needed to see what we're dealing with and the scope of the project. With new art style changes and the like (FORESHADOWING), we needed to look through different artists and see which ones were staying and which ones are not up to our standards. And as of now, with the design doc's completion a few weeks ago, we know just what the scope of the project is and how many devs we need. So, there are four other people we've hired fulltime for programming. Per their request, I will not name them. Not everyone wants to be involved with the community, after all! There are, also, four graphics artists, myself included!

Okay, Everybody Edits Universe-- what's up with that? Why's there no updates? EEU update when?!
Short answer: we're scrapping Everybody Edits Universe.
Long answer: Everybody Edits Universe has, kindly put, seen many hands, many programmers. There is no documentation, and, according to the devs, quite inconsistently written and coded-- an understandable consequence when you have a revolving door of staff. This makes the code something different than spaghetti code to deal with. More like... trying to untangle earbuds and wires!

Everybody Edits Universe uses a bit of legacy code (Everybody Edits Flash) and builds and expands upon it. The game, from the design docs I've been shown and the assets I scrolled through, seems to have been planned to just be a port of Everybody Edits into HTML5. The artstyle was made to emulate it a bit, and plans ranged from questionable (4+ currency types) to fairly clever and useful ideas (zones.)

The easiest and most time efficient solution is to scrap Everybody Edits Universe and create a new game altogether that serves not as a port to Everybody Edits, but rather a spiritual successor. A game that borrows many of the main elements and the lifeblood of Everybody Edits and expands and evolves them. Modernization. (And less than four currency types.)

This new project is called Everybody Edits! (exclamation mark included.)

This new game has its own unique artstyle, new soundtrack, style, ideas, plans... We will be sharing our ideas in the coming weeks and months, and showing you progress where we can!!

Oh also expect a contest that's a bit unrelated to EEU soon.

tldr; Everybody Edits Universe gonna get replaced, new game is called Everybody Edits!, progress check in sometime later.

Some questions and answers:

Will there be compensation?
What will happen to my worlds?
Is EEU going to stay up?
Why can't you keep EEU up forever?
Is it going to get any more attention while we're waiting for Everybody Edits!?
Can I still opt in to Everybody Edits Universe? Will I need to opt in to the new Everybody Edits!?

Kthxbye!!!
Anna~

#2 2021-02-03 21:17:53

John

Re: Everybody Edits: Satanya's Next Sacrifice ☆

F in the chat for EE/U
Looking forward to the rEEboot though

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2021-02-03 21:21:05

Latif

Literally every new dev in this game seems to be claiming that former devs were making spaghetti code, and when they finally resign and get replaced with other new devs they also start claiming that former devs were making spaghetti code.

This will just be a neverending loop of spaghetti.

#4 2021-02-03 21:32:40

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

i love spaghetti

no actually i dont

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#5 2021-02-03 21:42:05

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

lolol
jMvIeLF.png

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#6 2021-02-03 21:42:49

Blackmask

Hype! Even if it's a bit concerning after all the efforts and work that went into EEU to just ditch it, I'm still, on the other hand, feeling confident about the future of the game. The staff team looks solid this time with the full time hired devs and not "volunteers" that EE previously had that resulted in their resignation some months after.

Well, let's just see how will the new game look like !

#7 2021-02-03 21:51:37, last edited by Edilights (2021-02-03 21:52:46)

Edilights
Website

An interesting question for this : How many times did you tried to change Everybody Edits yet ? //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/neutral (Someone can explain to me why this change can affect newer players and older players in the same time )

#8 2021-02-03 22:00:16

Minimania
Moderation Team

Edilights wrote:

An interesting question for this : How many times did you tried to change Everybody Edits yet ? //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/neutral (Someone can explain to me why this change can affect newer players and older players in the same time )

Everybody Edits is dead lol

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#9 2021-02-03 22:14:14

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

5 paid programmers sounds promising. It looks like it'll be a while before EE! gets released - any guesses on that? Summer 2021? Early 2022™?

Satanya wrote:

Not everyone wants to be involved with the community

Ahahaha no way dude, invite them to the cooler EE discord they'll love it there.

No but seriously that anonymity is a shield against the crap this place generates, and most staff should probably stay anonymous until enough new players join to dilute the toxicity (or until everyone danker than spongebob is permabanned).

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#10 2021-02-03 22:22:22

Luka504

Lol all that waiting and drama for EEU only for it to get scrapped before anything of substance was done with it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#11 2021-02-03 22:23:02, last edited by N1KF (2021-02-04 01:19:30)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

So we've gone from Flixel Walker to Platform Sandbox to Everybody Edits to Everybody Edits Offline, and EEO's successor has gone from UnitEE to Everybody Edits Universe and now back to Everybody Edits! Hopefully this will put a stop to this chain of madness. If not, we'll need a timeline chart and we'll end up like this xkcd comic:

edit: there's also Multiplayer Platformworld I think. I forgot about that one.

standards.png

possibly important question: Will any part of Everybody Edits Universe be open-sourced like Everybody Edits Offline/Legacy was?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#12 2021-02-03 23:18:56

Gosha

before: we need to make a list of all ee developers that worked on the game
now: we need to make a list of all unreleased ee reboots

#13 2021-02-03 23:25:57

Pqwerty

Wow Minimania really spoiled this one. Reboot #3 baby !! WOOT WOOT (RIP UnitEE and EEU)

#14 2021-02-04 00:24:47, last edited by Kira (2021-02-04 00:25:18)

Kira

Really feel like we held onto the game for far too long, this really shows how much the playerbase fell in love with Everybody Edits and is willing to go to such lengths to save it.

You have my support.

#15 2021-02-04 00:58:16

some woman

There will be a way to transfer both Everybody Edits Universe worlds and Everybody Edits Legacy & Offline worlds into the new Everybody Edits!

Does this mean every block pack from flash EE will have an EE! equivalent? Seems odd for a spiritual successor.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2021-02-04 01:05:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Wait wtf did Kira just say something positive or am I misreading sarcasm?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2021-02-04 01:17:07

Andymakeer

at this rate, Project M Multiplayer Mod will be released before an official reboot

F

#18 2021-02-04 02:21:45

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

imagine saving smiley game

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#19 2021-02-04 02:37:35

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Satanya, do you support Smiley Face Game?

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#20 2021-02-04 02:43:32

Cola1

unknown.png
Please let this be a normal smiley game

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#21 2021-02-04 03:02:27

Minimania
Moderation Team

Andymakeer wrote:

at this rate, Project M Multiplayer Mod will be released before an official reboot

I wouldn't be so sure about that

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#22 2021-02-04 11:14:36

Zombie3000

While we are at it, i've got an idea for the game aswell, for example moving or movable blocks would allow entire new contraptions, puzzles and parkours, so adding more physics to the game would be pretty fun in its own right.
Perhaps a return of the leveling system, similarly to what we had prior to 2015 could work aswell. What are your thoughts on this?

EE Veteran from 2012
------------------------

#23 2021-02-04 12:40:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Satanya wrote:

There will be a way to transfer both Everybody Edits Universe worlds and Everybody Edits Legacy & Offline worlds into the new Everybody Edits!

I just wanted to clarify something here since I've seen a significant number of people make a wrong assumption about this.

The transfer is not going to be a 1 to 1 conversion. It will be a similar situation to how the conversion from EE to EEU went. It is very unlikely that every block from EE will have an EE! equivalent. How the transfer will work is yet to be decided. The only thing we're committing to here is that there will be a way of transferring worlds from EE and EEU into EE! in some form or another - you just may have to do a fair bit of tweaking and salvaging after your world is transferred.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2021-02-05 02:00:08, last edited by MartenM (2021-02-05 02:19:37)

MartenM
Website

Me: Lets check out the forums, it's 02:00 and I'm bored

Satanya wrote:

The easiest and most time efficient solution is to scrap Everybody Edits Universe and create a new game altogether that serves not as a port to Everybody Edits, but rather a spiritual successor. A game that borrows many of the main elements and the lifeblood of Everybody Edits and expands and evolves them. Modernization. (And less than four currency types.)

This forum just keeps on giving.

On a more serious note, this is like the 3th time that we will be getting a new port... Like seriously?!
This is nothing against Satanya, it's just that the memes in this topic are painfully accurate for this community.

Personally EEU wasn't interesting to me. The game felt simple and without purpose, but that could just be me. It did not feel like it had any direction to it. I think one of the things the new reboot should think about is how to make the game enjoyable again.
The player population is low, and a simple 'place a block in a multiplayer world' might have been revolutionary, it is not any more.

There is also another thought that crossed my mind: why does nobody just start from scratch under a different name? Assemble their own team and create EE as they envision it. Why does one need to own EE in order to make a game? Like at the moment we are just getting in some kind of cycle //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue
If this game/concept is as good as the owners claim it to be it should have no problem taking off and might even gain traction from players from here.

Edit: So I might just have talked about this situation that this game is having to someone I live together with in the student house and he recognized the game, which I found pretty amazing. He actually logged in like 3 months ago :o

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#25 2021-02-06 10:49:37

Rivelka

Oh, I started play Everybody Edits Universe on October 15, 2020 and it's about to die. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

Victoria1665082680796482

Board footer