Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-22 14:42:23, last edited by Minimania (2021-04-13 10:33:28)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mafia 50 Signup Thread

Alright so I got bored. Mafia 49 signups died, so I decided eh, I'll try my hand at Mafia 50. Happy 50th* Mafia game, forums!

Here's the list of roles that definitely will be used!

Hidden text

Days are 48 hours long, but days can be ended early if a majority of players use !endday. Days can also be extended by 24 hours if a majority of players use !extendday, but this can only be used up to twice. The day does not end if a Majority has been reached. Tied votes at the end of the day will just result in nothing happening.

High effort, low quality guaranteed

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

rat

#2 2021-03-22 15:32:30

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia 50 Signup Thread

kjlkllkjpo
!join

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#3 2021-03-22 17:57:17

some woman

i can't magia but that isn't stopping me !join

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#4 2021-03-22 19:47:36

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I'll consider joining only if this get's at least 8 players cus otherwise i just look desperate along with those Task and Some Woman people. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2021-03-22 20:37:18

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

I see familiar roles from Town of Salem. I'm in

Not today...

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2021-03-22 21:31:53, last edited by 2b55b5g (2021-03-22 21:34:43)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

!join
I might NOT be as active as before, but I'll go balls this game if I can. dont blame me if i end up being a clown for doing that //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/tongue

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#7 2021-03-22 22:05:03

ShadowsEdge

!join

Is the setup hidden, or is it not decided yet?
Also, could you explain the Cookies role a bit more, to me it just seems like a conceited Amnesiac

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#8 2021-03-22 22:38:27

peace

Minimania wrote:

Mafia Goon - Mafia Goons have no special abilities. Once per night, they can choose to perform a kill on behalf of the Mafia faction by choosing one player; that player will be "shot"; that player will die. By default, they are aligned with the Mafia and are considered Dangerous.

soo mafia can be converted?

Minimania wrote:

Godfather - Once per game, during per night, Godfathers may choose one player; that player will be "apprehended" by the Mafia and will die. This attack works even on players who are otherwise immune to Mafia nightkills (i.e Serial Killers, Jailed/Healed players, etc.) It must be Night 2 or later for the Godfather to use this effect. Once per night, they can choose to perform a kill on behalf of the Mafia faction by choosing one player; that player will die. Consorts can only use one of these effects per night. By default, they are aligned with the Mafia, but are only considered Dangerous after Night 2 if they haven't used their ability.

cosort??? but its an godfather!

Minimania wrote:

Cookies - During the night, if the Cookies were to be targeted for a kill during the night: the Cookies must choose from one of the roles that tried to kill them; after having "distracted" the killer with a plate of delicious cookies, they will take on the role and faction of the chosen killer. If that role has a non-kill related function, the Cookies do not take on that function, and they die if targeted by the Godfather or the Werewolf. Cookies cannot be killed during the night, and cannot be converted into a Mafia member by the Milk Man, or converted into a Vampire. By default, they are aligned with themselves.

by default? they cant even be converted so whatever oh an alos what if 2 killers attack them what does the 2nd killer do? and they cant win?

Minimania wrote:

Jester - Jesters win by getting themselves lynched. If successfully lynched this way, they will be "revealed" as a Jester, and will be able to make a kill the following night on any player they choose, which is a kill that bypasses all immunities. They lose if they are still alive at the end of the game, or if they were killed during the night. By default, they are aligned with themselves.

jesters who are not dangerous? hmmm

Minimania wrote:

Witch - Survivors win by surviving to the end of the game, and can win with certain roles or factions. Once per night, Witches can choose to a chosen player to leave "distracted" in a magical daze by targeting that player and another player; the distracted player will be forced to perform whatever night role they have on the other chosen player, not realizing what they are doing. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are considered Dangerous. These are the roles that the Witch can win alongside:
- Mafia Goon
- Milk Man
- Consort
- Godfather
- Serial Killer
- Arsonist
- Werewolf
- Vampire

hmm is this a survivor? also what if said role has multiply acitons tto choos efrom hmm alos tye cannt win gg

Minimania wrote:

Serial Killer - Once per night, Serial Killers may choose one player; that player will be "shot"; that player will die. Serial Killers cannot be killed during the night by any member of the Mafia, and cannot be converted into a Mafia member by the Milk Man, but they can be killed by the Vigilante. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are considered Dangerous.

sooo they cant win? also dofatehr role says they can kill SK SK card says NO mafia memeber can kill (side note does the conversion of milkman go waste?)

Minimania wrote:

Arsonist - Once per night, Serial Killers may choose one player; that player will be "doused". Any player who visits the Serial Killer will also be doused this way. During the night, they may also instead choose to ignite doused players, leaving all players doused by the Arsonist dead as fire suffocates the life out of them. Serial Killers cannot be killed during the night by any member of the Mafia, and cannot be converted into a Mafia member by the Milk Man, but they can be killed by the Vigilante. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are considered Dangerous.

what? just what why talk abotu SK again and give this man an wincon

Minimania wrote:

Vampire - Once per night, Vampires can choose to perform a bite on behalf of the Vampire faction by choosing one player; that player will have the secret life of Vampires "revealed" to them, causing them to be converted into a Vampire the following night. Healed/jailed players, or players otherwise immune to nightkills, cannot be bitten this way. By default, they are aligned with the Vampires and are considered Dangerous. Under normal circumstances, a maximum of 4 vampires can exist at once.

can milkman coinvert vampires? wincondition?

Minimania wrote:

Yandere - Yanderes are given an assigned target at the start of the game. Once per night, they can choose to defend their target. While "protected" this way, any player who visits that target will automatically die. They win if they survive to the end of the game alone with their target. They lose if their target is dead at the end of the game. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are not considered Dangerous unless they killed another player using their protection ability. If they appear as dangerous this way, the Yandere can choose to stay at home during the night instead, cleaning themselves of the blood.

can they win if they die but their target is alive? and they clean off their dangerous status by staying hoem next night? doesnt make sense

this game looks like a joke to me

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2021-03-22 22:48:47

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

he just forgot to type out details and made some mistakes
no need to be rude lmfao

she/her

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2021-03-22 22:54:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Mafia Goon - Mafia Goons have no special abilities. Once per night, they can choose to perform a kill on behalf of the Mafia faction by choosing one player; that player will be "shot"; that player will die. By default, they are aligned with the Mafia and are considered Dangerous.

Minimania wrote:

Godfather - Once per game, during per night, Godfathers may choose one player; that player will be "apprehended" by the Mafia and will die. This attack works even on players who are otherwise immune to Mafia nightkills (i.e Serial Killers, Jailed/Healed players, etc.) It must be Night 2 or later for the Godfather to use this effect. Once per night, they can choose to perform a kill on behalf of the Mafia faction by choosing one player; that player will die. Consorts can only use one of these effects per night. By default, they are aligned with the Mafia, but are only considered Dangerous after Night 2 if they haven't used their ability.

Minimania wrote:

Cookies - During the night, if the Cookies were to be targeted for a kill during the night: the Cookies must choose from one of the roles that tried to kill them; after having "distracted" the killer with a plate of delicious cookies, they will take on the role and faction of the chosen killer. If that role has a non-kill related function, the Cookies do not take on that function, and they die if targeted by the Godfather or the Werewolf. Cookies cannot be killed during the night, and cannot be converted into a Mafia member by the Milk Man, or converted into a Vampire. By default, they are aligned with themselves.

by default? they cant even be converted so whatever oh an alos what if 2 killers attack them what does the 2nd killer do? and they cant win?

Minimania wrote:

Jester - Jesters win by getting themselves lynched. If successfully lynched this way, they will be "revealed" as a Jester, and will be able to make a kill the following night on any player they choose, which is a kill that bypasses all immunities. They lose if they are still alive at the end of the game, or if they were killed during the night. By default, they are aligned with themselves.

Minimania wrote:

Witch - Survivors win by surviving to the end of the game, and can win with certain roles or factions. Once per night, Witches can choose to a chosen player to leave "distracted" in a magical daze by targeting that player and another player; the distracted player will be forced to perform whatever night role they have on the other chosen player, not realizing what they are doing. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are considered Dangerous. These are the roles that the Witch can win alongside:
- Mafia Goon
- Milk Man
- Consort
- Godfather
- Serial Killer
- Arsonist
- Werewolf
- Vampire

hmm is this a survivor? also what if said role has multiply acitons tto choos efrom hmm alos tye cannt win gg

Minimania wrote:

Serial Killer - Once per night, Serial Killers may choose one player; that player will be "shot"; that player will die. Serial Killers cannot be killed during the night by any member of the Mafia, and cannot be converted into a Mafia member by the Milk Man, but they can be killed by the Vigilante. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are considered Dangerous.

sooo they cant win? also dofatehr role says they can kill SK SK card says NO mafia memeber can kill (side note does the conversion of milkman go waste?)

Minimania wrote:

Arsonist - Once per night, Serial Killers may choose one player; that player will be "doused". Any player who visits the Serial Killer will also be doused this way. During the night, they may also instead choose to ignite doused players, leaving all players doused by the Arsonist dead as fire suffocates the life out of them. Serial Killers cannot be killed during the night by any member of the Mafia, and cannot be converted into a Mafia member by the Milk Man, but they can be killed by the Vigilante. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are considered Dangerous.

Minimania wrote:

Vampire - Once per night, Vampires can choose to perform a bite on behalf of the Vampire faction by choosing one player; that player will have the secret life of Vampires "revealed" to them, causing them to be converted into a Vampire the following night. Healed/jailed players, or players otherwise immune to nightkills, cannot be bitten this way. By default, they are aligned with the Vampires and are considered Dangerous. Under normal circumstances, a maximum of 4 vampires can exist at once.

Minimania wrote:

Yandere - Yanderes are given an assigned target at the start of the game. Once per night, they can choose to defend their target. While "protected" this way, any player who visits that target will automatically die. They win if they survive to the end of the game alone with their target. They lose if their target is dead at the end of the game. By default, they are aligned with themselves, and are not considered Dangerous unless they killed another player using their protection ability. If they appear as dangerous this way, the Yandere can choose to stay at home during the night instead, cleaning themselves of the blood.

can they win if they die but their target is alive? and they clean off their dangerous status by staying hoem next night? doesnt make sense

oh no

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#11 2021-03-22 23:03:27, last edited by Abiqi (2021-03-22 23:44:55)

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

peace wrote:

At least it's far more understandable than your post :shrug:

I'll try explaining..

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

They should be not.

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Godfather - Once per game ... haven't used their ability.

Mistakes happen

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Cookies - During the night, if the Cookies ... they are aligned with themselves.

Choosing the role which possibly has immunity and hope for the best.

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Jesters don't go on rampage at nights, so they're not dangerous. Unless you lynch them //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/wink

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Witch - Survivors ... Vampire

As long as the winning team is not Town, Witch also wins.

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Serial Killer - Once per night, Serial Killers ... are considered Dangerous.

SK has a basic immunity, most Mafia members don't. That's why SK can kill most of Mafia other than the Godfather, who also has basic immunity. As about milkman.. Technically yes it's wasted

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Arsonist - Once per night, Serial Killers ... are considered Dangerous.

Another simple mistake made by Mini, forget

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Vampire - Once per night, ... can exist at once.

Milkmen should not be able to convert the vampires, both roles are mutually exclusive. As far as I recall when playing Town of Salem, the Mafia member dies when is bitten by a vampire. The opposite works here too - Mafia can kill the vampire. I think the condition here is which team lasts by the end

peace wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Yandere - Yanderes are given an ... the blood.

The goal of a Yandere is to keep his target alive. Technically if the target is alive by the end, Yandere should win as well even if it's dead

And just try asking one more question I swear to god..

Not today...

Wooted by:

#12 2021-03-22 23:29:35, last edited by Minimania (2021-03-24 04:27:33)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Added Spoiler to Shorten Page Size

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

rat

#13 2021-03-23 00:10:28

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

is this thread already turning into a mafia game

she/her

#14 2021-03-23 00:49:26

Minimania
Moderation Team

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

is this thread already turning into a mafia game

That's how you can tell I'm serious

21cZxBv.png

#15 2021-03-23 02:51:18

ShadowsEdge

Minimania wrote:

The setup isn't fully decided yet, and will largely depend on turnout

The cookies role is basically described as this; when cookies would be nightkilled, they become the killing role instead of dying. It's a little bit similar to amnesiac, but not fully the same, and Amnesiac can become non-killing roles too

Ah this helps a lot. I knew it had something to do with killing visitors but I got a bit confused on the wording. Thanks.

Also

Minimania wrote:

a) what's this about you asking about roles that can't win? all of the roles xan win
b) what does that 2nd sentence of yours even mean?
c) yes, the milkman conversion goes to waste if they target an SK

On this part, Peace was talking about why it says Godfather can kill the SK, but Mafia can't, but Mini did explain this in the OP:

Minimania wrote:

Godfather - Once per game, during per night, Godfathers may choose one player; that player will be "apprehended" by the Mafia and will die. This attack works even on players who are otherwise immune to Mafia nightkills (i.e Serial Killers, Jailed/Healed players, etc.)

Basically there's two distinct 'Mafia' Kills. The Factional Kill, which every Mafia can perform, and the Godfather Kill, which is one shot and more powerful, hence why SK is immune to mafia but not the Godfather.

Also, on a side note, despite the tension already going on, I'm pretty excited for it, I haven't played much Mafia in a while, and the last one I played I died Night 1, and regardless, I've always enjoyed both ToS-inspired Mafia games as well as more traditional Forum-style games.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#16 2021-03-23 03:23:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Ah this helps a lot. I knew it had something to do with killing visitors but I got a bit confused on the wording. Thanks.

Aaaa maybe my wording was even more confusing. When I said "become", I literally did just mean their role gets changed to that of the visitor. The visitor doesn't die. Sorry aaaa

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#17 2021-03-23 03:24:04

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ShadowsEdge wrote:

and the last one I played I died Night 1

imagine getting stoned by medusa, not me

she/her

Wooted by:

#18 2021-03-23 20:07:05

theoldinese

!JOIN looks hard to understand

#19 2021-03-23 22:10:34

Different55
Forum Admin

!join

sure, it's been a while

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#20 2021-03-24 01:14:03, last edited by Minimania (2021-03-24 04:05:15)

Minimania
Moderation Team

My first post isn't exactly the most spectacular, but things are still a bit malleable at this point. I'm making this post to highlight some of the things I'd like to clarify, and a few changes.

Here are some changes being made, ideally to improve quality of life.

Attack Potency and Night Immunity
Role Changes
Executioner and Yandere Change

For clarity, that means the finalized roles and win conditions are (so far) as follows.

Roles and Commands
Win Conditions

21cZxBv.png

#21 2021-03-24 03:50:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Minimania wrote:

My first post isn't exactly the most spectacular, but things are still a bit malleable at this point. I'm making this post to highlight some of the things I'd like to clarify, and a few changes.

Here are some changes being made, ideally to improve quality of life.

Attack Potency and Night Immunity
Role Changes
Executioner and Yandere Change

For clarity, that means the finalized roles and win conditions are (so far) as follows.

Roles and Commands
Win Conditions

You should write a 75 page Google doc containing all the possible roles you might use in the mafia games you host and then only ever host 1 game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#22 2021-03-24 04:04:12

AllenCaspe9510
Website

!Join

I'll be a filler, lynch me in day 1, thx

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#23 2021-03-24 04:06:02

Minimania
Moderation Team

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

I'm all for people joining, but please do not join if you aren't going to be actively participating

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#24 2021-03-24 04:06:55

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Minimania wrote:
AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

I'm all for people joining, but please do not join if you aren't going to be actively participating

Dw, I'm heccin active

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#25 2021-03-24 04:16:02

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:
Minimania wrote:
AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

Dw, I'm heccin active

press x to doubt

she/her

Pqwerty1620142843790160

Board footer