Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-30 21:09:49

Ondrashek06

Here's a deal.

I WILL play EE!, as long as it gets at least 450 of 1000 EENPs (Everybody Edits Nostalgia Points) from my rating system.
EENPs are earned by "filling in the EE gap", as in not making me sad that EE is dead.

As far, EEU has earned 150 EENPs, as it replaced every single graphic that I remember with HD variants. That's not how I remember EE.
EEO has earned 342 EENPs, as it does simulate EE, but it is essentially just an EE world player. No gems nor energy nor online nor chat nor anything...
EECM has earned 650 EENPs as it does simulate EE quite good, but it has terrible grammar and no shop nor gems nor stuff, only like, accounts?

A perfect score, 1000 EENPs is *only* awarded to the original EE, because well, it is EE. If you wanted to keep the 1000 EENPs, you shouldn't have shut down EE.
An almost-perfect score, 985 EENPs is *only* awarded to 1:1 copies of EE with few, minor changes.
To get above 850 EENPs, most of the old smileys and textures must be left intact, without any redesign.

Here are some tips to make EE! get the 450 EENPs:
- Keep the old EE fonts intact in some way. Even through a toggle.
- Don't use minimalism. Never.
- Keep the old layouts.

I am sorry to invent a rating system just for EE, but I just don't want to play EEU at all. It just doesn't do it. It just kept the small core of EE which is the worlds, but nothing else.

#2 2021-04-30 21:29:09

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Here's a deal.

holy ****
go outside

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2021-04-30 21:34:15

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Overused, but I’ll use it anyway
323qrw.png

Not today...

Wooted by:

#4 2021-04-30 22:28:13, last edited by Different55 (2021-04-30 22:28:39)

Different55
Forum Admin

Not trying to be rude, just honestly wondering, what gives you the idea that you or your rating system have any sway with the dev team? An arbitrary point system from a random fan of the previous iteration of a game is not going to single-handedly alter the course of the sequel being made by an entirely new team. EE died. It'd be foolish to repeat those mistakes for the nostalgia factor, because nostalgia does not make a game good.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 2021-04-30 22:57:55

Minimania
Moderation Team

Ondrashek06 wrote:

you shouldn't have shut down EE.

Look, I'm gonna be real with ya dawg. I'm kind of getting tired of explaining that the new team isn't the one that shut down EE.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#6 2021-05-01 00:27:15

poopdublio
Website

How many EENPs would you give the Biden administration?

It's :clap: Spam :clap: If :clap: The :clap: Mods :clap: Don't :clap: Like :clap: It

Wooted by:

#7 2021-05-01 01:24:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

How much is an EENP worth? How are the rankings made, and why is a 0.1% difference in nostalgia worth rating differently? If it's just based around vague feelings I'd suggest working with smaller numbers, like 100 at the very most,to reduce risk of human bias.

Personally I put less focus on graphics and more on accessibility and playability of old worlds. This means I'd give a fan game like this EECM a lower rating but an EE remake with enhanced graphics a higher rating.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#8 2021-05-01 01:37:15

soniiiety

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why did you have to shut down ee? i didnt even get to use any new hacks yet!

#9 2021-05-01 03:06:13

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

can we just ban this guy tbh

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#10 2021-05-01 04:54:21, last edited by Minisaurus (2021-05-01 05:23:50)

Minisaurus
Banned

Minimania wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

you shouldn't have shut down EE.

Look, I'm gonna be real with ya dawg. I'm kind of getting tired of explaining that the new team isn't the one that shut down EE.

That is correct, the new team has done absolutely nothing for the game ever (for now).  Everything we have are from all previous staffs.

So far the new and current staff are promising us a great new game, with new mechanics and new graphics, I am super positive about the new plan, and I expect them to provide a high quality product as they are hiring developers and designers that are professionals on the game industry, there is no way they can ruin EE!.

So yeah, we are right now waiting to see what this new staff has to offer, I hope they successfully provide a new game that is actually as good or better than EE.

whoever the developers of this game are, i salute you to remaking this game again big props to you guys and this will inshallah be a great success and will blow up by many youtubers when it gets released!! You have my full support!

_

And btw, the new staff was in charge in the moment EE was shutten down, the new staff is the one who shutten down EE.

3ocTUx4.png
https://everybodyedits.fandom.com/wiki/ … s_Universe

4o3kE4h.png
https://everybodyedits.fandom.com/wiki/Everybody_Edits

kfRKkOn.png
https://streamable.com/3n1dgi

Obviously, the reason was forced by a force majeure, as flash was being discontinued.

#11 2021-05-01 09:57:21

Ondrashek06

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I was already banned from the forums once.

#12 2021-05-01 11:44:04

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Different55 wrote:

nostalgia does not make a game good.

My nostalgia says it does.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#13 2021-05-01 13:12:09

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Ondrashek06 wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I was already banned from the forums once.

There's always time for a second ban. What makes you think you can't be banned again lol

Not today...

#14 2021-05-03 03:13:01

skullz17

Counter offer:

I pay you 50 EENPs to be quiet for several days

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#15 2021-05-03 05:08:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

skullz17 wrote:

Counter offer:

I pay you 50 EENPs to be quiet for several days

Wrong. An EENP is a unit for measuring nostalgia that's been around in psychology for decades. They can't be tossed around as a currency, or used in regards to unrelated political systems as another individual representing the Official Everybody Edits Forums has suggested. You're doing a great disservice to centuries of scientific knowledge, and the hard work Everybody Edits fans do in debating the merits of our beloved cultural icons, which could go down in history as our era's greatest pieces of art and tools for human creativity. It appears modern youths are increasingly susceptible to anti-intellectual, "funposting" rhetoric which further muddies the waters and makes discourse and social progress around Everybody Edits increasingly difficult. In addition, the mind is a complex system not known to have the ability to directly project emotions across long distances, despite the supernatural impact Everybody Edits appears to have on the human mind though; this info has not been fully revealed to the public, however, and I cannot disclose this any further. It's pretty simple fact, and here in the psychology we have a rule of thumb to help us remember. Just remember the acronym E.A.T.—Emotions Aren't Transferable.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2021-05-03 17:09:54

skullz17

I get that this post is a joke but I feel that there is some seriousness sprinkled in, correct me if I'm wrong.

N1KF wrote:

You're doing a great disservice to centuries of scientific knowledge, and the hard work Everybody Edits fans do in debating the merits of our beloved cultural icons, which could go down in history as our era's greatest pieces of art and tools for human creativity. It appears modern youths are increasingly susceptible to anti-intellectual, "funposting" rhetoric which further muddies the waters and makes discourse and social progress around Everybody Edits increasingly difficult.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure making a joke doesn't stop people from debating the topic, nor should it be considered "anti-intellectual". I don't have anything else I'd like to contribute to the topic besides a joke, so that's what I post. What I said was a bit rude, but that's all. I think that if people don't discuss a topic, it's because they don't want to, not because "funposts" make it difficult. And when discourse or "social progress" is difficult in certain areas, it's because people just aren't talking about those topics. I've had this many times where I'll make a long **** post about something that's interesting to me, and then I'll get little to no interaction afterwards. It happens.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#17 2021-05-03 18:19:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

skullz17 wrote:

I get that this post is a joke but I feel that there is some seriousness sprinkled in, correct me if I'm wrong.

That part was meant as a joke as well, though I can see how somebody could mistake it for my actual opinion considering how close it is to opinions I've expressed in the past. In this case I think smartypants responses are more warranted than usual, considering OP seems pretty well-composed and could probably handle a joke or two.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:
N1KF1620062385790115

Board footer