Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#626 2021-05-10 22:40:23

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Mafia 50 - Rise of the Phoenixborn Game Thread [VAMP/WITCH WIN]

TaskManager wrote:

well, maybe to nerf the blackmailer and make it a bit simpler for yourself, you could group all of the whispers that have been sent during the day and PM the blackmailer once the night starts

)))))

mrjawapa wrote:

Forum mafia and ToS aren't really comparable. It's been a long time since I've played ToS, but I don't recall whispers being used for anything meaningful very often. Also, ToS is a very fast game compared to forum mafia.

I've been playing a Town of Salem-like game on discord. It's also very fast (5 minute day phases) and whispers tend to be used very often for something very meaningful, whether it be town doing sleuthing to find the evil role, the evil roles doing their best to spread misinfo and subterfuge, and neutral roles making deals to fulfill their win conditions.

mrjawapa wrote:

However, allowing the entire game to be played in whispers made it... too easy?

For which side?

The Vampire team effectively gained nothing from it as 2B publicly claimed to be a Vampire the day after Exco was bit, and 2B didn't have any teammates until the last day, in which case they could just use the PT.

The other factions wound up getting **** over largely (not completely, but largely) because of things they said in whispers, or from things they didn't say in whispers (i.e Onjit could've offered to team up with Orton and change targets, or even just tell someone he was going to lie about being cop)

The Witch had a great time, but then again, the Witch by itself is a really powerful role.

Different55 wrote:

Do quicktopics for whipsers. Links are sent to the recipient and to you, and then you forward them to the blackmailer.

I don't really feel like making 14! whole quick-topics, that's probably even worse.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#627 2021-05-10 22:53:30

Pqwerty

mrjawapa wrote:

Forum mafia and ToS aren't really comparable. It's been a long time since I've played ToS, but I don't recall whispers being used for anything meaningful very often. Also, ToS is a very fast game compared to forum mafia.

Wasn't this game just ToS with longer deadlines? I think every role here was in ToS except Cookies.

Also side note TNG got absolutely memed every night and he still won.

But then again Norboy, Onjit, and Buzz also got memed and they lost.

Wooted by:

#628 2021-05-10 23:47:19

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Pqwerty wrote:

Also side note TNG got absolutely memed every night and he still won.

im just too good //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#629 2021-05-11 00:26:07

Different55
Forum Admin

Minimania wrote:

I don't really feel like making 14! whole quick-topics, that's probably even worse.

That's not how it would work anyway. You didn't create the PM threads this game. The players would the quicktopics, then send a link to you and the person they're whispering to. Then you give that link to the blackmailer. Also makes it way easier to publicize the whispers after the end of the game, or publicize them in the dead/spectator chat cause all you have to do is post the links.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#630 2021-05-11 00:54:46, last edited by Minimania (2021-05-11 00:54:56)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Different55 wrote:
Minimania wrote:

That's not how it would work anyway. You didn't create the PM threads this game. The players would the quicktopics, then send a link to you and the person they're whispering to. Then you give that link to the blackmailer. Also makes it way easier to publicize the whispers after the end of the game, or publicize them in the dead/spectator chat cause all you have to do is post the links.

I suppose that's fair enough, good point

21cZxBv.png

#631 2021-05-11 04:04:12, last edited by Different55 (2021-05-11 04:04:53)

Different55
Forum Admin

TaskManager wrote:
Minimania wrote:

The entirety of Town of Salem is played like this.

I don't really understand. On one hand, people complain that the game ends up becoming follow-the-cop way too often. The whisper system solves that by allowing you (the non-cop) to do your own sleuthing around, but for some reason you find it irksome, or annoying. Why?

idk I for one loved it
sure it looks boring from a spectator's perspective
but it opens up new ways to solve the game
just look at all the fake claims that were happening in whispers
if the feature wasn't so good, y'all wouldn't be using it so much

Minimania wrote:

That is gonna 100% make it way harder for me

Yes.
well, maybe to nerf the blackmailer and make it a bit simpler for yourself, you could group all of the whispers that have been sent during the day and PM the blackmailer once the night starts
here's another idea:
since we're doing a closed setup, you can add blackmailer to the role list without actually giving it to any of the players //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile
keeps people on their toes without making it much harder for you

Another option would be this, the blackmailer just getting a digest of all whispers that happened that day. A potential twist to prevent it from being too powerful would be that the blackmailer doesn't get to know who was whispering to who, they just get the content of the whispers in their digest. As long as you have PM emails turned on, it wouldn't be too hard to collect all whispers of the day in chronological order.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#632 2021-05-11 05:49:15

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Different55 wrote:

Another option would be this, the blackmailer just getting a digest of all whispers that happened that day. A potential twist to prevent it from being too powerful would be that the blackmailer doesn't get to know who was whispering to who, they just get the content of the whispers in their digest. As long as you have PM emails turned on, it wouldn't be too hard to collect all whispers of the day in chronological order.

Big Brain

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#633 2021-05-11 15:02:00

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Minimania wrote:

For which side?

Neither. It didn't make anything lopsided.

Discord: jawp#5123

#634 2021-05-13 01:55:59

some woman

Different55 wrote:

A potential twist to prevent it from being too powerful would be that the blackmailer doesn't get to know who was whispering to who, they just get the content of the whispers in their digest.

time to develop a code that relies on knowing the usernames of the sender and receiver to decode the message //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#635 2021-07-30 12:29:19

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

we’re never gonna know the content of all the whispers 😔

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#636 2021-07-30 16:58:37

Minimania
Moderation Team

Oh **** I forgot

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:
Minimania1627660717790881

Board footer