Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-01 05:11:59

Different55
Forum Admin

User Registration: Policcy Review

Dear community,

After holding several racial awareness training sessions internally, we have taken the time to review our policies regarding new user registration. Our review unfortunately concluded that these policies are heavily biased against South Asian citizens, for reasons that cannot be justified. In practice, this resulted in our "spam filter" excluding the voices of our brothers and sisters in primarily the Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi EE communities. This was an egregious error on our part, and was driven by our desire to improve thread and post quality, based on a lack of awareness of different cultures' definitions of "spam".

We sincerely apologise for this mistake. We are reaching out to the affected communities to make amends, and hope to hold workshops and learning sessions with them to review our remaining policies and eliminate any further biases. This will be the first step in a series of efforts to bring our forums into the 21st century.

Effective immediately, we are disabling the forum "spam filter" for users in the affected countries, empowering them to share, learn, debate, create and thrive as they should have been. Please let us make every effort to welcome these users, and to embrace and celebrate our differences through measured and thoughtful discussion.

Thank you,

Forum Staff

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#2 2022-04-01 05:27:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: User Registration: Policcy Review

We've been importing from North Korea, and it took you THIS LONG to have some self-awareness? Jeez, it took you folks long enough! //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/mad I expect to see ratings increase by 900% as our friends in South Asia make register to post high quality, thoughtful content!

#3 2022-04-01 08:40:34

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

A warm welcome to the 33 users who have already registered! Please feel free to introduce yourselves, catch up on the latest EE! news, chat with others or play some forum games!

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2022-04-01 15:33:10

Onjit
Website

Different55 wrote:

Dear community,

After holding several racial awareness training sessions internally, we have taken the time to review our policies regarding new user registration. Our review unfortunately concluded that these policies are heavily biased against South Asian citizens, for reasons that cannot be justified. In practice, this resulted in our "spam filter" excluding the voices of our brothers and sisters in primarily the Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi EE communities. This was an egregious error on our part, and was driven by our desire to improve thread and post quality, based on a lack of awareness of different cultures' definitions of "spam".

We sincerely apologise for this mistake. We are reaching out to the affected communities to make amends, and hope to hold workshops and learning sessions with them to review our remaining policies and eliminate any further biases. This will be the first step in a series of efforts to bring our forums into the 21st century.

Effective immediately, we are disabling the forum "spam filter" for users in the affected countries, empowering them to share, learn, debate, create and thrive as they should have been. Please let us make every effort to welcome these users, and to embrace and celebrate our differences through measured and thoughtful discussion.

Thank you,

Forum Staff

I'll have you know that I was planning on re-opening every one of my threads with

"Hello!

This thread is now open!"

but i couldn't be bothered lol

:.|:;

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2022-04-01 17:16:29

Raphe9000

Thank you diff! All EE girls, please send bobs and vagene! I like big bobs! Cat pics please!

#6 2022-04-02 01:52:42

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Wow, I was expecting more spam. I'm kind of disappointed actually.

#7 2022-04-02 04:37:01

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

Wow, I was expecting more spam. I'm kind of disappointed actually.

we all were ):

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2022-04-02 19:22:56

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

90 bot accounts registered. I guess most of them couldn't figure out how to post.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#9 2022-04-03 02:51:22

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Wow all the new posters were banned, which is fine since they're disposable Europeans. But the spam block seems to have put back in place. Our corrupt institutions can't get keep getting away with stuff like this!

N1KF1648950682792729

Board footer