Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#726 2022-07-21 08:32:42

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

unknown.png

Why did Abiqi infect Era twice?

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#727 2022-07-21 08:34:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Abiqi was jailed, therefore roleblocked

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#728 2022-07-21 08:34:59

ShadowsEdge

Minimania wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Abiqi was jailed, therefore roleblocked

Oh that makes much more sense, I thought Abiqi just really hated era.

~BeepnBoop

#729 2022-07-21 08:49:30

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

The serial killer is alive in all your hearts //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

Everybody Edits is Fred

#730 2022-07-21 08:53:46

ShadowsEdge

N1KF wrote:

The serial killer is alive in all your hearts //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

How did she get there???

~BeepnBoop

#731 2022-07-21 08:54:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:
N1KF wrote:

How did she get there???

I got a map //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

Everybody Edits is Fred

#732 2022-07-21 09:00:54

ExFabian

ggs

since 2012

Wooted by: (2)

#733 2022-07-21 09:02:16

Marshmallow Marshall

Hah, gg folks! I saw that Gladiator snipe with the flagbearer stuff, it was a good shot, Norwee. I also saw you hoping for me to be resurrected //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile
and if the "EE" part hadn't been pointed out, I wouldnt have figured despite playing a game here lol...

Overall, this was really fun while it lasted, even though it didn't last very long xD. I'm glad I was right about Mutant, too. I'd be glad to replay with y'all!

I still can't believe I got lynched D1 for actually having a case against someone instead of pushing for sleep

Wooted by: (3)

#734 2022-07-21 09:03:58

Marshmallow Marshall

N1KF wrote:

Scawwy ;-;

I don't want to have my poor heart stabbed //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

#735 2022-07-21 09:11:30

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Allen is definitely maf rn

top 10 predictions

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#736 2022-07-21 09:17:19

Era

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

Hah, gg folks! I saw that Gladiator snipe with the flagbearer stuff, it was a good shot, Norwee. I also saw you hoping for me to be resurrected //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile
and if the "EE" part hadn't been pointed out, I wouldnt have figured despite playing a game here lol...

Overall, this was really fun while it lasted, even though it didn't last very long xD. I'm glad I was right about Mutant, too. I'd be glad to replay with y'all!

I still can't believe I got lynched D1 for actually having a case against someone instead of pushing for sleep

You see, if you inspect my rolecard you will see... I am a macho, so obviously I had the nurse killed!

This entire game was me telling the town to murder someone and the town doing it //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/big_smile

the-truth-is-the-game-was-rigged-from-the-start-261137-1.jpg

Wooted by:

#737 2022-07-21 09:22:11

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Cool serial killer Fact's

At some point I had the idea to drop subtle hints I'm a cannibal, but I didn't really do much with that.

I made a reference to something Onjit said about me in a Mafia game, like years back, but you probably didn't catch that either. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

I realized that my second RED SCARY MESSAGE to Minimania didn't hit as well as the first, so I was gonna do a third one, but this time I'd do a really nice one in green.

My original goodbye message was this:

It looks like my time is up.

So long, and stay tasty. //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

but at the last moment I decided to go with something more comedic. (I also considered using "delicious" instead)

Everybody Edits is Fred

#738 2022-07-21 09:23:41

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Norwee wrote:

I highly doubt any non-town role has any chance if winning at this point?
Is this even an game anymore now that there's no excitement?

//ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#739 2022-07-21 09:27:28

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

At this point I just gamethrew and that’s it really. I had bad luck ever since the start :/

Not today...

#740 2022-07-21 09:40:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mechanical Notes:

I was too worried about the power of the Oppressor, I overcompensated in favor of town.

Sleuth is an extremely powerful role, if I could do this over again differently I would replace it with an Inspector.

I flubbed the Oppressor's ability. My original intentions were for trials to happen on every even day. As worded, trials would happen starting Day 3, then after that occur every other day. The ability for town to vote skip makes this ability not worth being so afraid of it.

If you want to use this role in future games, consider fixing these issues.

Mafia was never meant to have a Goon, that role wouldve gone to SK.

The experiment with Plaguebearer was interesting. But I would say, it would have been better if it had only applied to living players. In the future, if you want to use this role, I'd consider keeping the ability to target dead players, but no longer require dead players to be infected.

The Coroner/Undertaker roles are really interesting and I'd suggest their continued use. It was really interesting to see the trap of Althea claiming Sentinel, only to get shot and turn off confirmed flips as a "punishment".

The way Hammerer was ruled in this game is so overly complicated. If you as a host want to use Hammerer, just make it so that the vote is only valid if it is the last one.

I feel Semi-open setups are king. The benefit of making the game a little more mysterious, allowing for speculation (like the speculation around there possibly being a Voodoo or an Arsonist) cannot be understated. Though, revealing that there was a Plaguebearer before the game started probably did more harm than good.

With that being said, this game's MVP is ShadowsEdge for redeeming themselves after being killed N1 as Mayor in the last game. Also, that 25 minute long heart attack I got after they revealed as Mayor was some solid gold lmao

21cZxBv.png

#741 2022-07-21 10:50:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

GG ez, i totally wasn’t **** my pants when Althea faked claimed Sentinel, thinking i had legit just target the worst slot in the game to gladiate or anything  //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/cool

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#742 2022-07-21 10:52:25

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

10/10 would lynch Marshmallow Marshall day 1 again.

#743 2022-07-21 10:54:55

Era

Sleuth is an extremely powerful role, if I could do this over again differently I would replace it with an Inspector.

Clearly favoritism♥️

#744 2022-07-21 13:30:59

Minimania
Moderation Team

I was a dunce and didn't calculate the rewards for yesterday's side quest for Era

This is the finalized Era rolecard ID

d7o99UU.png

Congrats Era!

21cZxBv.png

#745 2022-07-21 19:00:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Minimania wrote:

I was too worried about the power of the Oppressor, I overcompensated in favor of town.

I think the main flaw with this approach is that we didn't have a night kill. Even if I could use my ability on day 2, the lack of a goon meant that overall we were less powerful than the classic 3 vanilla mafia members with 1 night kill between them. I think at the very least we needed an investigative ability to gather information and potentially influence our oppressor pools. Besides that, we just got unlucky that I was the one who was given the important role. Almost anyone else in my position would have lived much longer.

Minimania wrote:

I feel Semi-open setups are king. The benefit of making the game a little more mysterious, allowing for speculation (like the speculation around there possibly being a Voodoo or an Arsonist) cannot be understated.

I agree. Semi-open is definitely my favourite type of setup. Too closed means that players are just guessing in the dark about what's going on and completely open means that people have to work within very specific rules. Though, I think you were a little too restrictive with the roles that were on offer in this semi-open setup. The *only* option I had was to accuse Era of lying because there were literally 0 roles which could have possibly messed with his investigation results. There is absolutely 0 logic to someone randomly falsely accusing someone like that, so it was always an impossible sell. The town actually having a sentinel was just the nail in the coffin. Even if you didn't have a role capable of redirecting people or falsifying investigation results, by explicitly confirming no such roles exist it severely limited our options.

Additionally, you had too few roles for mafia. Mafia needed a lot more 'possible' roles that were variants of town roles. Almost all of the town could 100% prove they are town just by proving their night abilities are real. Each time those town roles would claim, the only thing that stops them from being confirmed as town is if someone counterclaims. All that achieves is a 50% chance of killing the actual town role first but inevitably sacrificing the false counter-claimer in the process. The neutral roles will never sacrifice themselves like that and the mafia don't have enough members to keep doing that either. So the number of confirmed town players would just keep increasing until the game could be solved through process of elimination. Ironically, the only way for the scum factions to counter that would be if they were able to collectively kill more people per night. The only way the town would ever have lost this game is if nobody ever claimed.

That said, I did have a lot of fun playing. Fighting for your life immediately is much more thrilling, and of all the ways to lose, I'm 100% glad it wasn't through a slow and drawn-out process of elimination. Norwee is also a very worthy opponent and it is genuinely impressive how much influence they had over the situation despite effectively not being able to vote. It was also really nice to play with a whole bunch of new people who take the game seriously but not so seriously that it stops being fun

Norwee wrote:

If Mutant is scum then this marks the second game where they as scum say: "I’m going to post less due to busy but dw i’ll still get in the walls y’all know and love wink wink //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/wink))kr"

I have to say that this comment did bother me a little. I didn't say anything during the game because there was no way of addressing it without people analysing it. I get that you said it as part of your building a case to have me lynched but I would NEVER use irl circumstances as a tool for manipulation and no self-respecting player of mafia would either. I planned on opening the game with that statement regardless of my alignment. Although I tend to enjoy playing as mafia more than town, I was hoping to have a chill game and I was very uncomfortable with just how active I was forced to be in this game. I would have been much less active if it wasn't for the amount of pressure I felt to keep fighting knowing that the consequences of if I didn't was letting my entire team down who literally lost the game if I died.

There was definitely ups and downs for me this game in terms of the ways in which I was and was not enjoying it. I might scuttle off back into retirement because this game has made me realise that it's unfair for me to keep playing whilst not wanting to put as much effort in - the hand you are dealt in terms of what role card you get and what actions other people take is uncaring towards such a desire. So I'm not certain that playing mafia works for me anymore. That said, it has reawakened in me my passion for setup design and hosting. But idk if there's a market for that or if this game was just a one-off - I guess it entirely depends on if the new people decide to stick around. Though, the few ideas I've had are flexible in terms of how many people can join so if I were to host a game there'd be no real player count requirement. Regardless, I'd have to consider even that as, although hosting is less pressure in some ways, it is definitely more pressure in others too.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

Era

#746 2022-07-21 19:39:28

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Now to think about it.. Is winning as arsonist easier than plaguebearer?
Both have their own points here
Arsonist has to douse people one by one each night;
Plaguebearer’s victims can also infect other people
HOWEVER
Arsonist’s ignite causes all doused players to die
Plaguebearer has to doom people one by one

Not today...

Wooted by:

#747 2022-07-21 19:51:48

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Also in the future maybe giving away by whom (as a role) player was killed?

Not today...

#748 2022-07-21 20:09:12

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I’m sorry if this comment on inactivity bothered you Mutant.
Truth be told i’ve been jaded by this because i feel like on other sites players lie about this all the time so i honestly expected you to use this as an excuse if scum because it would obviously be an very convenient out for you to avoid responsibility by claiming that lack of engaged interest in the game was only due to IRL circumstances and had nothing to do with allignment. And thusly, because my goal was to utterly destroy your morale and have you eliminated as soon as possible i pre-emptively struck on that nerve to leave you with less option to counter-attack. Which might have been a bit of an dubious move but i honestly feel it was fair.

Wooted by:

#749 2022-07-21 20:46:16

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

Though, the few ideas I've had are flexible in terms of how many people can join so if I were to host a game there'd be no real player count requirement. Regardless, I'd have to consider even that as, although hosting is less pressure in some ways, it is definitely more pressure in others too.

Three-player Mafia game when?

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#750 2022-07-21 21:21:42

Marshmallow Marshall

Of course there is a market for this, Mutant! What about reviving EE by dragging countless people to play Mafia on the forums? //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/smile

Also, your activity level was respectable. You seem to hold yourself to the standard of making huge walls, which might give yourself (and others who know you) the feeling that if you don't do that, you're doing something wrong... but that's not true lol, most people don't do that, and some are still very good. That being said, if you don't feel the fun filling your heart with joy when stomping scums (or townies, in your case), I guess you're better off not playing //ee.failforums.me/img/smilies/sad

I definetly agree that no self-respecting (or game-respecting) mafia player would straight up lie about activity. Unfortunately, some people do that, so it is sometimes to be expected... at that point, though, if you have a reputation of honesty on that matter, you shouldn't be in too much trouble.

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer